At&t straight talk sim

luisito75

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, so I decided to buy a verizon note 4 off ebay. Clean esn and everything. I'm on straight talk and decided to put my sim card in it. It's a gsm card by the way. It wouldn't work however. It just says that the card isn't from verizon. How do I fix this? Do I just unlock it? Please help

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a Verizon note 4 and tried to use my cricket sim. No go. Had to sell it and buy an at&t unlocked note 4. Verizon is CDMA technology and at&t is GSM

Posted via the Android Central App

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a Verizon note 4 and tried to use my cricket sim. No go. Had to sell it and buy an at&t unlocked note 4. Verizon is CDMA technology and at&t is GSM

Posted via the Android Central App
In the Settings, under More Networks, then under Mobile Networks, there is am option for LTE\GSM\UMTS as well as am option for Global.

I haven't tried it yet but if they have the option, wouldn't it mean that you can put in a GSM sim? I thought i remembered reading about folks using their Verizon Note 4 on a T-Mobile network.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have used my Verizon note 4 on t mobile and gsm networks out of country. The voice part works fine. The lte data is very limited because it didn't support all the gsm bands. For example t mobile uses band 2 at my house which is not supported. However at the t mobile store it worked on band 4. I have no idea what bands att uses. You also have to manually setup the apn info correctly for your network. I ended up getting a new phone on t mobile because the data didn't work in enough places. My friend is having the same issue on Ting network.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, so I decided to buy a verizon note 4 off ebay. Clean esn and everything. I'm on straight talk and decided to put my sim card in it. It's a gsm card by the way. It wouldn't work however. It just says that the card isn't from verizon. How do I fix this? Do I just unlock it? Please help

If the phone is throwing a warning that the SIM is not Verizon, then your phone was never unlocked. Which is really odd, because the Verizon Note 4 has GSM capabilities and according to reports was only sold by Verizon as unlocked. But those reports may be wrong.

The seller should be able to contact Verizon and get an unlock code in about 5 minutes, assuming their account was in good standing with Verizon. It can't hurt to ask. All they have to do is tell Verizon that they are travelling internationally and they should be able to very easily get a code.

You can try calling Verizon yourself - maybe they will give you an unlock code. Again, can't hurt to ask.

There are also services that can get you an unlock code. I do not know reliable ones and I'm unclear as to whether it is currently legal in the US to unlock cell phones without the carrier's assistance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non