New Speed Charge/Battery Status Lock Screen with annoying ads "just appeared" on GN4

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I followed the steps that UKGandalf suggested, closed all the applications, plugged in the charger, selected the button that lists the apps and in my case it showed PhotoCollage app. Apparently it had a check box in its setting to show rapid charger screen and it was selected. I unchecked the box, it worked for me.

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
An annoying "Clean Master Boost" ad screen kept popping up on my new S7 Edge every single time I plugged the charger in. I uninstalled the Z Camera app, which by the way was already installed on my new phone from Best Buy, and now the ad is completely gone.

idauud

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help!

Just turn off the fast charging from right conner your phone will still be doing fast charging that is working for me. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

phissith

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So, 2 days ago, a new lock screen "on top of" my regular lock screen "magically appeared" on my Note 4.

It shows time/date in upper left corner, and a ... menu in the upper right that allows me to turn off speed charging. Then, a % charged indicator, and underneath that, some annoying ad... at the bottom, there is a "slide to unlock", which then goes to my Nova Launcher lock screen, which I have setup with my fingerprint scanner.

So basically, now I have to go through an additional lock screen and view an annoying ad to get into my phone.

I have no idea where this came from, and to the best of my recollection, I haven't added any new apps.

Thanks for your help!

I had the same problem. Solve by uninstalling 1mobile market!

TimAndroidNewbie

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I've found the cause. It's the Go Launcher. So essentially if "Go Launcher"dev team said "hey we're going to homescreen you ads in exchange for a free really cool launcher". I would have been ok with that. But they didn't, so I went into "manage applications" and deleted it. Dragging the icon and deleting it that way won't work. I'm new to Android hence my handle so some of this might be redundant for you, my apologies. I still have Nova Launcher which seems ok.
So you need to Go to Dev Options, Running services and select it, see if Charge locker services is on one of them. Delete the offending app or ask yourself if the ad is worth the free app you're getting, or if they offer a paid version which removes that ad, but question why a developer would sneak that in on the first place. I lost my respect for Go Launcher after this.

Radar Rider

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks to all for this thread.
I've been reading along since I was really getting tired of dealing with (2) lock screens on my HTC 10.
The one that is supposed to be there and that annoying speed charge screen with the ads.

Well I figured out that I had the Flash Keyboard on my phone.
It wasn't being used but it was hiding in the background making ad money for someone out there.
And some of those ads would lock me out unless I hit install but the always were blocked by the Avast antivirus I loaded early on.
Avast could never find this little beauty though but this thread helped to get it off of the phone.

So I'm very happy tonight!

As I continue to read through the pages of this thread I see more and more apps with this little beauty buried inside.
So this must be a very profitable venture for everyone involved!
What a crock!!

anon(10103175)

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
This is now part of ES File Explorer, in addition, it tries to get you to let it scan certain apps. It's SPAM! ES File Explorer used to be nice and non-invasive & non-spamming. Apparently those days are gone.

Thanks for your help!

knitastrophe

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Had this issue for a few days, finally drove me insane when I couldn't shut my alarm because ad was swipe to dismiss to get to homescreen. After finding this forum I've determined that it was a 4+ star app I downloaded for passport/licenses as I had just renewed my dl and my temporary was offered as a download.

Cates1994

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
I had the exact same thing and same screen. Awesome find for fixing. I just unistalled Zcamera and BAM...that annoying sped charge screen went away. TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!

Just tried everything everyone was posting on every site and THIS is what worked.
Thank you so much!
Had no issue with the screen other than the fact that it kept snoozing my alarms.

GrapplerScott

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same issue. i did somehow get the Clean Master loaded, so i uninstalled it. But, the overlay speedcharger lockup is still there after reboot ... suggestions ??

CarlWayne29

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I just turned off rapid charger, from the ad screen. Problem solved. I don't know where it came from, but I know it came with the phone.

Last edited:

hammerofthorazine

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
This randomly started showing up 4 days ago after no recent app downloads. I was able to disable it from the fake lock screen menu, but then found that I had "GO Security" downloaded, so I deleted that. I also saw that "Photo Editor Pro" had caused this issue for some people here, so I deleted that too. I have had no issues ever since.

Basically, if GO Development makes it, don't get it.

KennyS6

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
The additional and new UNLOCK screen with option to turn off the Speed Charge on my Galaxy S6 had the common icon, that is three little dots, in the upper right corner. When I clicked on the three little dots and one of the two options were ABOUT...so I clicked there and Z Camera app opened up. hahaaaaa. I uninstalled Z Camera...which I had installed and only briefly messed around with and liked the cool effects...but not if it forces ads on my screen. They are GONE

I just turned off rapid charger, from the ad screen. Problem solved. I don't know where it came from, but I know it came with the phone.

I do not believe it came with the phone, unless you bought it used and the adware is there from an app from a prior person that was still on the phone. It came with something else, and is programmed to recognize when the charger is connected. So when you touch anything to light up the screen to use the phone, this adware app runs. Has a few useful things, like the percentage of charge and stuff, but it's sole benefit to the people who forced it on you is that it shows the ads that they make money off of. In my case, it came with Z Camera so I uninstalled it and the new SWIPE to OPEN screen is gone. I expect that this type of adware is being used by several app developers so good luck to all finding out on which app the adware piggy-backed into your phone so you can uninstall that app.