Note 4 Battery Issues

Jerigorn

May 25, 2017
Visit site
So after almost 2 years on my Note 4 I bought a new battery to give it some life. The 'Power Bear' battery worked great for a couple months, but then started draining very quickly and would take 8 hours to charge completely. I did not make any changes to OS or apps. So I chucked it up to a ****ty battery. I then purchased another brand - now discharge was somewhat better, but still the 8+ hours to charge. I have tried factory resets, but no change. Ideas at this point? Buy a third battery or trash the phone? Im currently using a S5 and my plan was to get the S8+. I love that phone, but im a Note fan a hearr. At this point I'm thinking of waiting to see what the a note 8 has to offer, but using this S5 is painful. Thanks in advance.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like it's more than the battery at this point. Could be an issue on the motherboard or another component. If it were me I would replace the phone. :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless you get an original battery, you can't really compare times (or unless you get it from a reputable manufacturer who has met all compatibility specs with the device for charging and REAL charge capacity).

Also, if you're a Note fan, the Note 7 IS being re-released and will certainly be cheaper than a Note 8 if budget is a concern.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Definitely could be a charging cable problem. I had this issue before. I replaced the cable and it started working fine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa