Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?

Mod Note - Please remember to stay on topic. If you have a different topic to discuss please create a new thread instead of de-railing an existing one.

Thanks!

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?

I'm not big on either of those features, but I won't buy the Note 5 because of Samsung. I got used to my S6, then turned on my Nexus 5 and was amazed at how much snappier the Nexus 5 is on stock Android. Maybe I'll go with the OnePlus 2 next. I wanted to look forward to the Note 5, but I'm sticking with Nexus (or Nexus adjacent) phones.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm not big on either of those features, but I won't buy the Note 5 because of Samsung. I got used to my S6, then turned on my Nexus 5 and was amazed at how much snappier the Nexus 5 is on stock Android. Maybe I'll go with the OnePlus 2 next. I wanted to look forward to the Note 5, but I'm sticking with Nexus (or Nexus adjacent) phones.

The One Plus 2 was not as good as I thought it was gonna be. These are the things that surprised me
- Takes 3 hours to fully charge
- No NFC
- No MicroSD Card

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The screen is 1080p, not 1440. No TouchWiz either so I'd think the new moto x would be similar to the note 4 in terms of battery life.
TouchWiz on my Note 4 has virtually no impact to battery life and no better or worse than Nova. The biggest weight for drain is the display and a 5.7" 1440p LCD will be particularly so. If IPS, not as bad but if TFT it would be more of an issue.

We shall see, but sticking to the 2.5 hour screen on delta with the Note 4. Same power consumption chipset, LCD and 220 mah smaller battery.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

The One Plus 2 was not as good as I thought it was gonna be. These are the things that surprised me
- Takes 3 hours to fully charge
- No NFC
- No MicroSD Card

No NFC is really the only one that bugs me. I haven't had a phone with a microSD card slot since my Galaxy S3, and I don't miss it. I like the Note 4, but TouchWiz kills any chances I had of getting a Note 5.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

No NFC is really the only one that bugs me. I haven't had a phone with a microSD card slot since my Galaxy S3, and I don't miss it. I like the Note 4, but TouchWiz kills any chances I had of getting a Note 5.
You could always switch to a 3rd party Launcher... It's better than Touchwiz... And even so the debloated Touchwiz is better than the previous ones imo

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

No Note 5 if No removable battery.

Wouldn't they just introduce a Note-5 Active or Note-5-All-Day SKU with removable battery, even if their flag-ship doesn't have it?

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

"Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?"

No. Considering that the Note 4 is still an excellent phone that will likely see a price drop makes it even more unnecessary to buy the Apple Galaxy Note 5.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

You could always switch to a 3rd party Launcher... It's better than Touchwiz... And even so the debloated Touchwiz is better than the previous ones imo

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!

I tried that, but I wasn't seeing the same results. Plus, I'm sure the wait for Android M will be an eternity with Samsung's phones.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I tried that, but I wasn't seeing the same results. Plus, I'm sure the wait for Android M will be an eternity with Samsung's phones.

Well updates depend on when the carriers release them, not Samsung

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Buzz is gaining for the Moto X Pure/Style. Pricing apparently is 16gb = $400, 32GB = $450 and 64GB = $500 (seems $550 fits the memory increase, so maybe the media got this wrong).

I can see the 64GB version at that price selling big time. Camera is getting good feedback so far (unlike previous Moto's). If Motorola can leverage Lenovo for marketing efforts, they could feed off the positive buzz until release. That and the iPhone 6 Plus refresh are going to probably take a significant bite out of Samsung. Lack of sd slot will make it even worse.

Catch of course is battery life. Not sold on a 3000 mah battery pushing a 5.7" 1440p LCD. Need to see reviews and hope somehow Motorola were able to source a more power efficient LCD. Not likely, but a remote chance.

Consolation regardless is a still kick a$$ Note 4 :)

Missalyssa928

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I just purchased a Note 4 last week even with the notation that the note 5 was a round the corner. I previously has a s6 and returned it for this and some other reasons. The Removable battery, eh not a huge deal. SD card was my issue. I am a power user for sure. I use my phone for work ( IT Admin ) and personal ( movies games music and even remote desktop connection ) I need all the storage I could get ! 32 gigs + 128 micro SD = Perfect! I even have a dongle to connect a regular flash drive on my car keys.. I am quite please with my purchase and despite the updates in hardware and software tweaks in the new touch wiz will make me want to sacrifice my freedom of removable storage at the moment.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

Perhaps the key question is will you buy it if you have the Note 4. Doesn't look like much of an upgrade to me at all. I say No.

anon(114107)

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

No SD and no removable battery? I'd definitely go back to Nexus.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Wait, didn't I mention that the memory controller for UFS 2.0 doesn't work with SD cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana