Note 5 Battery life thread

zaayer

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
But doesn't factory reset take you back to the original firmware the phone came with?
Also, how do I "clear the system cache"? Will it result in loss of my data or will everything remain as is?

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
But doesn't factory reset take you back to the original firmware the phone came with?
Also, how do I "clear the system cache"? Will it result in loss of my data or will everything remain as is?

No factory reset does not take you back to the original firmware. But it does wipe the phone. Which is a pain to set everything back up again.

Clearing system cache will not wipe your data. Everything will be the same.

How to link:

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/08/how-...he-partition-perform-master-reset-etc-1048204

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

a1188323

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-12-02-14-04-43.jpg

Had it for a few days now, thinking about taking it back. Had a few nights of 30 percent drain on stand by. I think I sorted that out, as I had 4 last night, but it's still just not good. Most of these power breakdowns I see are dominated by screen..that's at the bottom of my list.

2 pm on a very light use day and I'm at 55. By light use I mean maybe a half hour of screen time

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 208069

Had it for a few days now, thinking about taking it back. Had a few nights of 30 percent drain on stand by. I think I sorted that out, as I had 4 last night, but it's still just not good. Most of these power breakdowns I see are dominated by screen..that's at the bottom of my list.

2 pm on a very light use day and I'm at 55. By light use I mean maybe a half hour of screen time

Exchange it. I would... it should be working good out of the box.

If my SOT time was half hour it would take me days to get to 55%.

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
The Note 5 is my first phone that doesn't have a user interchangeable battery. I tried the Note 4 first because I thought I absolutely had to have an interchangeable battery. However, after holding the Note 5 in my hand I decided to trade up during the return period. After all, my reasoning was that not once did I ever need to switch out the battery on my Galaxy S5.

So far so good, the Note 5 seems very thrifty with the battery juice but just in case I picked up a power bank to keep handy. It features the Qualcom Fast Charging Technology so if I do have to top off the battery quickly I can do so. It looks like I won't need the power bank though other than for peace of mind.

The Note 5 is at least as good with the battery usage as the Galaxy S5 after almost 2 months of heavy usage.

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes. It installed all the apps I had on my note 4. It's crazy that its this much better than the s6. Really didn't buy any of the efficiency and optimization stuff at all. But something is working.

Gosh! The S6 is awful. Loved the phone. Hated the battery. It's so bad I wish they'd roll out the S7 asap. I need a new phone badly.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe something you deactivated with Package Disabler is having a negative impact?
I was at 6 hours SOT after 16 hours off charger yesterday before I hit 15% remaining.
Took the boy to see Santa so I tossed it on the charger just to be sure I had more than enough juice for any photo ops that may come.

From my Platinum Gold Note 5

This is what I have disabled at the moment:

tempFileForShare_2015-12-02-23-51-04.jpg

I also tried using Swiftkey without vibration today but that didn't seem to have much of an impact either way.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Today was my first "normal" day with the Note 5. Normal for me means getting up around 8 am, spending a little time on my phone, then heading into work around 120 pm. The main difference in my day is that since I work in a state prison, my phone sets in my car for 8.5 to 9 hours while I'm inside work. Very happy to report that I walked into work with 93% battery and still had 87% when I walked out, meaning a drain of only 6% for the 8.5 hours my phone set unused in my car.
That's right in line with my Droid Turbo, which of course had a larger battery, so 6% drain on it was actually more mah lost than on the Note.

Can you share what's disabled on your phone if anything? Also any specific settings we should keep in mind.

Posted via the Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you share what's disabled on your phone if anything? Also any specific settings we should keep in mind.

Posted via the Android Central App

Here you go:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-03-10-18-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-03-10-18-08.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 90

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 208069

What was your trick to cure stand by bug? That alone is a major accomplishment.

a1188323

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
What was your trick to cure stand by bug? That alone is a major accomplishment.

Package disabler and greenify. After doing that, it's much better.

I also did a clearing of the cache last night and turned on advanced calling. The cell standby isn't at the top of my list today, but I'm not convinced the battery is any better.. right now at 1.5 hours sot and at 44%. That is letting it sit idle all night though

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I also did a clearing of the cache last night and turned on advanced calling. The cell standby isn't at the top of my list today, but I'm not convinced the battery is any better.. right now at 1.5 hours sot and at 44%. That is letting it sit idle all night though

1.5 hour SOT with 44% and I don't care if the phone sat idle for 24 hours is terrible. I would get another phone if I got battery life like that. You most likely won't fix it and shouldn't have to. I don't have any power saving modes. Dont Dim my screen, use any power apps or package disabler and my phone battery is getting about 5 hours SOT and off the charger for 24 hours and have a remaining 38% battery..
Samsung did a very good job with the battery on this phone. You need to exchange your phone for another one that works correctly. Or sell it and buy another one.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Wow that's really bad you should go and see to exchange your phone for another at 1.5 SOT i usually am at 75 to 78 %

a1188323

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
So..went to Verizon today to try and exchange and they wouldn't do it. They insisted that my battery numbers were "above average" after they ran their diagnostic tests. Wtf.

They also said "you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet" and that I the gsam battery app was damaging my battery. . Idiots.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So..went to Verizon today to try and exchange and they wouldn't do it. They insisted that my battery numbers were "above average" after they ran their diagnostic tests. Wtf.

They also said "you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet" and that I the gsam battery app was damaging my battery. . Idiots.

Wow... go to another store and tell them the phone is freezing and you did a reset and that didn't do and you want to exchange it for a working one.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I would call instead make some stuff up so they can sent you another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress