Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Something I just learned. If you're taking a photo and you need to focus your camera and do not want to touch your screen to create fingerprint smudges, tap the side of the phone. My camera will focus in about 3 seconds on auto, if that long, but if I need to focus it will work by taping the screen or the side. However, if you want to focus on a certain point you are emphasizing in the picture, you will need to tap the screen.

packmule64

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Well since I am new here I can't post a link
but just GOOGLE "how to remove an S Pen stuck inside the Samsung Galaxy Note5"
There is a simple way to remove the S Pen without breaking the phone by using just a plain piece of paper.
It is over on phoneArena dot com. Good luck!

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
For those coming from BlackBerry, iOS and Windows to Android, be advised that you can edit app names directly from your device. Hold your finger on the said icon, choose Edit and edit away...

Yeah, someone just taught me that! Not used to TOTAL customization...

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
For those coming from BlackBerry, iOS and Windows to Android, be advised that you can edit app names directly from your device. Hold your finger on the said icon, choose Edit and edit away...

Didn't know this! Thanks for the tip!! Loving my Note 5!!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Well since I am new here I can't post a link
but just GOOGLE "how to remove an S Pen stuck inside the Samsung Galaxy Note5"
There is a simple way to remove the S Pen without breaking the phone by using just a plain piece of paper.
It is over on phoneArena dot com. Good luck!

Thank you. There was also another video posted from youtube, HERE, that showed using a straw on the side to get the stuck pen out.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I do this with folders. This one they have "social" but on my last phone I had it as "fun". I haven't changed it yet, but it's an option.

You can also find other icon themes on various launchers. So the icons themselves look different.

Also the Samsung Themes (after long pressing your screen, at the bottom choose themes) and then if you like the icon look, choose the theme but you can then change your background to any photo you want.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can use the S-Pen to scroll pages without touching the screen... Just move the S-Pen to the bottom or top of the screen and it will start scrolling.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I can't do this because the edit button isn't there. I can only rename folders, not apps. can you maybe post a video?

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for everyone. During first set up did you enable S Voice? What is it? Is it similar to Ok Google? I know it can wake the phone up by saying Hi Galaxy, but what is the point? I don't think I will be waking my phone up by voice? Plus if it is always listening that means microphone is activated all the time which probably isn't good for battery

dmbrown81

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I remember with the first galaxy note more gestures with the S Pen. Like being able to swipe or double tap the screen to pull up menus or go back to the home screen. Is that still available? Or maybe I was using a different launcher or something I'm not sure.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for everyone. During first set up did you enable S Voice? What is it? Is it similar to Ok Google? I know it can wake the phone up by saying Hi Galaxy, but what is the point? I don't think I will be waking my phone up by voice? Plus if it is always listening that means microphone is activated all the time which probably isn't good for battery

It doesn't use a lot of battery being in the background to listen. You can also wake it from a secure lock screen.

You can tell it to text, call, set a timer, set an alarm and a lot more. It recognizes voice pretty well, especially for voice texting. Here are examples of what you can do and the best thing, it will wake from a secure lock screen that is off. I used it last night to text and my phone was secure lock and didn't have to touch my phone.

S-Voice didn't even show up in my battery stats.

Attachments

• 1440846871331.jpg
    1440846871331.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 1440846880873.jpg
    1440846880873.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 128

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I never liked S Voice. We now have S Voice, Cortana, Google, Siri, M (on Facebook Messenger coming soon). Pretty soon we will have a minyan. Someone needs to create an app that will ask everyone and pick the committees best answer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I never liked S Voice. We now have S Voice, Cortana, Google, Siri, M (on Facebook Messenger coming soon). Pretty soon we will have a minyan. Someone needs to create an app that will ask everyone and pick the committees best answer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

S-Voice has recognized better than Google, from the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty