Smart Select has been Downgraded.

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
With the Note 4, you could use Smart Select and select text on the screen. It gave you the option to extract that text to use some where else. If it was an address, it gave you the option to get directions to that address. If it was a number, gave you the option to call it. Now you can only save it to the gallery, scrapbook or share it as a picture. smh.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
With the Note 4, you could use Smart Select and select text on the screen. It gave you the option to extract that text to use some where else. If it was an address, it gave you the option to get directions to that address. If it was a number, gave you the option to call it. Now you can only save it to the gallery, scrapbook or share it as a picture. smh.
Press and hold the button on the S-Pen to select.

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
But does not work for pics and text message. This for copying a text. I use to be able to get text recognition from anything even pics

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
But does not work for pics and text message. This for copying a text. I use to be able to get text recognition from anything even pics

I started a thread about this over the weekend and didn't really get any responses. I don't think it was something people used often and doesn't seem like anyone knows a workaround. I looked for apps in the Galaxy App Store and couldn't find anything.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You can still do it. Write the info, click "More" at the top right, then link to action. It chooses the info with the box and the menu below what you wrote will scroll to the right for more options.

Attachments

• 1440553031662.jpg
    1440553031662.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 1440553041471.jpg
    1440553041471.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 297

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I started a thread about this over the weekend and didn't really get any responses. I don't think it was something people used often and doesn't seem like anyone knows a workaround. I looked for apps in the Galaxy App Store and couldn't find anything.

Still works, see my post above.

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
that's if you use Smart Memo and write down an address or phone number. Before you could do the same thing from the Smart Select feature by selecting a text from a picture, webpage or any app.

Note 4
You’ll find the Smart select option in your Air Command menu. Hover and drag the S Pen over any content that you want to capture and share. It will be stored on a kind of clipboard for later use. It can capture text, links, and images all at once. From the clipboard, you can select from the usual full range of sharing options to send it an email, post to social media, or open it in an app. You can also extract text from Smart select content and share it directly with an app, for example an address that opens in Google Maps, or a date that’s added directly to your calendar.

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You can still do it. Write the info, click "More" at the top right, then link to action. It chooses the info with the box and the menu below what you wrote will scroll to the right for more options.

that's if you use Smart Memo and write down an address or phone number. Before you could do the same thing from the Smart Select feature by selecting a text from a picture, webpage or any app.

Note 4
You’ll find the Smart select option in your Air Command menu. Hover and drag the S Pen over any content that you want to capture and share. It will be stored on a kind of clipboard for later use. It can capture text, links, and images all at once. From the clipboard, you can select from the usual full range of sharing options to send it an email, post to social media, or open it in an app. You can also extract text from Smart select content and share it directly with an app, for example an address that opens in Google Maps, or a date that’s added directly to your calendar.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Check the more button when you are in the action memo and see if those options are what you want.

If you write on action memo and then click more you can link to action..

Also, if you open S note you can download some of stuff that was standard on the previous notes.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

is there an option to share this to calendar one thing i noticed on my iPhone 6 plus if i got an email with a date in it i could tap the date and it would create an event for that information within the email however on the note 5 i can share but not to the calendar.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
is there an option to share this to calendar one thing i noticed on my iPhone 6 plus if i got an email with a date in it i could tap the date and it would create an event for that information within the email however on the note 5 i can share but not to the calendar.

I have never done it from an email, just something I have written on an action memo.

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
For clarication, I'm pretty sure we're talking about the text recognition in smart select, not handwriting to text conversion in S note or action memo.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86