S NOTE question from a Note NOOB

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Now that i have my Note and Tab A combo i dont see why i need to waste notebooks for Algebra scribbles. With math usually comes a HUGE pink eraser..

My question:
Is there a way to erase without constantly clicking on the eraser at the top then switching back to pen?
i feel like im missing one of those nifty "tips & tricks" for the snote

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
In previous versions of the note, you could setup a two button stylus for use. They just had to be Wacom compatible; however after doing a quick check of the setting I do not see where you can set up a secondary button. Guess this is another feature that Sammy has decided to do a way with.

Posted via the Android Central App

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
There is also a great paid app called lecturenotes. It has the 2 button stylus on it. I haven't tested my two button stylus the app with the new note 5 and need to.

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
There is also a great paid app called lecturenotes. It has the 2 button stylus on it. I haven't tested my two button stylus the app with the new note 5 and need to.

LectureNotes is a great app. I just tried the stylus button functionality. It works for one button (to activate the eraser), but Air Command still pops up because it also detects the stylus button click. Not sure how to stop that, I don't see an option to disable it. Two button stylus (or double clicking the button) doesn't seem to work, probably because Air Command comes up after the first press of the button.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I had to turn off pen detection in my note 3 for lecturenotes to take advantage of all functionality in the app and wonder if the same thing would work on the note 5.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for all suggestions. I will deff give them a try!!! Downloadeding both now!

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You can use this app called Squid...https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...n.android.projectpapyrus&hl=en&token=o7xyE8Zm

You can use ur finger to erase and the S-pen to write. :)
Played around with both apps. And im really enjoying squid the most. Its very simple yet has everything i need including graph which snote didnt even have.

FINGER ERASER! LOVEEEEE
Sad that these 3rd party apps have that option and samsung didnt think to add that. Atleast as a add-on option.

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

acadoid

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
@dafuse: You can disable Samsung's AirView in the system settings.

@Delirious D: LectureNotes allows for `finger erase´ as well.

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
@dafuse: You can disable Samsung's AirView in the system settings.

You're right, but that doesn't disable Air Command from popping up when I press the stylus button. Just tried it. The only thing you can disable on Air Command is if the floating icon sticks around or not. The act of having Air Command pop up when I click the button doesn't seem to be killable. Having said that, I don't want to kill it, really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty