Broke the flat plate at the end of my s pen, it it my fault or was my phone defective?

A

AC Question

broke the flat plate at the end of my s pen, it it my fault or was my phone defective???

While using my s pen for my note 5, I pulled the pen out and the flat plate on the **** end of the s pen ( the side that you have to click to pull it out of the phone) the little flat plate popped off, now my s pen is stuck in the phone and I can't get the pen out, when I called my service provider they stated that this was my fault and that I was using the pen in a way it was not intended or that I was forcing the pen out??? But I honestly was using it normally and was not harsh with the pen what so ever! I was just wondering if this was really my fault and that I should be more worried getting a new pen and be even gentler than I already was? Or was my pen defective?

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: broke the flat plate at the end of my s pen, it it my fault or was my phone defective???

replacement needed this is where apple has them beat walk in get it fixed or replaced instead of going through round about who's fault methods outside of sticking the pen in backwards my friend I do not think this is your fault seems defective part.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: broke the flat plate at the end of my s pen, it it my fault or was my phone defective???

Most of the stories revolving the pen I've heard so far go the same way, "your fault not ours". What a shame man, hopefully you get it sorted out.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

While using my s pen for my note 5, I pulled the pen out and the flat plate on the **** end of the s pen ( the side that you have to click to pull it out of the phone) the little flat plate popped off, now my s pen is stuck in the phone and I can't get the pen out, when I called my service provider they stated that this was my fault and that I was using the pen in a way it was not intended or that I was forcing the pen out??? But I honestly was using it normally and was not harsh with the pen what so ever! I was just wondering if this was really my fault and that I should be more worried getting a new pen and be even gentler than I already was? Or was my pen defective?

Welcome to the forums!

You need to call Samsung and explain to them and let them know the spen is not stuck in there backwards. Make sure you tell them that.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

When I heard the new spen would be clicky, I had reservations about it. That is the main reason. I immediately wondered what happens if the click doesn't "click" or not pop out. Normal ink pens malfunction and stick sometimes.

Sorry this happened and I hope it can be fixed or your device gets replaced ASAP.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

When I heard the new spen would be clicky, I had reservations about it. That is the main reason. I immediately wondered what happens if the click doesn't "click" or not pop out. Normal ink pens malfunction and stick sometimes.

Sorry this happened and I hope it can be fixed or your device gets replaced ASAP.

Posted via the Android Central App

I am extra careful to make sure I don't click on the spen when I have it out. It is easy to click on it when you have it in your hand and are reading or something.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like it's cheaply glued to the top and not as solid as the N4 s-pen. Man, I would call or do a chat a few times until someone sends you a replacement s-pen. I hope you can get it out. Just use a small screw driver to click it or tweezers to get it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez