Samsung Pay Has Died

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I can't find the other thread about the issue with the new update that has killed Samsung Pay for some verizon users.

It's the update that added the pin functionality. When you try to verify your fingerprint it just keeps recycling back to ask you again over and over. When you try to skip fingerprint and just do pin it just spins and spins before timing out.

I (we) have tried deleting all fingerprints and doing new ones. Doing it with no fingerprints and just pin. Deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing has worked.

It's so disappointing to not be able to us it after using it for a couple of weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I bet it has something to do with Verizon not originally putting Samsung Pay and it's framework directly into the OS like the other carriers.

I haven't heard of anyone with issues on other carriers, but it seems a Verizon only issue.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I bet it has something to do with Verizon not originally putting Samsung Pay and it's framework directly into the OS like the other carriers.

I haven't heard of anyone with issues on other carriers, but it seems a Verizon only issue.

Seems verizon issue for sure

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
N5 VZW owner and I just used SP pay. I saw the update dialog box and chose to not update.
It worked perfectly.
Maybe I'll hang back until the next update.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't find the other thread about the issue with the new update that has killed Samsung Pay for some verizon users.

It's the update that added the pin functionality. When you try to verify your fingerprint it just keeps recycling back to ask you again over and over. When you try to skip fingerprint and just do pin it just spins and spins before timing out.

I (we) have tried deleting all fingerprints and doing new ones. Doing it with no fingerprints and just pin. Deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing has worked.

It's so disappointing to not be able to us it after using it for a couple of weeks.

Android Central has opened a Samsung Pay forum and most of the posts from here have been moved there.