might give up on Note 5, are you?

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
This whole upper left hand screen unresponsive issue has occurred on the last 3 note 5 devices I had. Verizon even sent a brand new device and now it seems to have the same issue. I'm convinced its software but I don't care, it's debilitating in some instances. Issue is there isn't really a comparable android device. Makes the 6s plus seem appealing

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like your def getting a batch of friday phones.. you probably should try a different phone.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had that issue. I'm sad to hear this is happening to you. I guess it is time for a new phone or perhaps give another rma a try.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had my N5 within the first week or two of being released. And I've literally had ZERO problems with my device. I'm sorry to hear.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of comparable Android phones, unless you absolutely need the stylus. LG V10 and the 6P just to name a couple. The 6s Plus is a fine device, and I'm switching back and forth between that and the V10.

My Note 5 arrived DOA, I got it to work for a day and then it died for good. That's when I swapped for the V10, but I really miss the Note 5, even though I only spent a day with it. There is an extended return person because of Christmas so I'm going to try and get the Note 5 back.

Anyway, I'd give it one more chance.

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I really want the note to workout especially because I just bought my wife a gold platinum note for Christmas and she loves it. So hopefully wiping the cache partition will get rid of the issue.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Been noticing alot of Verizon complaints. Maybe I'm hypersensitive since I was a long time customer until their signal went down the tubes. Switched to T-Mobile which had great signal strength unless you got into one of their dreaded pockets of nothingness. Finally landed on AT&T which has been great. Especially company discount plan. I owned a 6 Plus for several months. Things I liked about it were the pop up notifications and resale value. That's about it. Could never get used to the non swipe keyboard (they have them too but they don't work well), no try before you buy apps, and not playing friendly with Amazon and third party browsers. But if you've owned Apple devices you know what works for you.

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Just disable Facebook messenger and your problem will be solved

I'll try that, but it does not sit well with me. I should not have to disable anything to make a 1st tier smartphone run properly in 2015-2016. If it fixes the issue I will still refuse to keep the device.

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll try that, but it does not sit well with me. I should not have to disable anything to make a 1st tier smartphone run properly in 2015-2016. If it fixes the issue I will still refuse to keep the device.

I understand that. I didn't want to either. I'm confident it was the last update to messenger that has created the problem

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
The only problems I have had with my Note 5 is that it seems the Blue Tooth distance has decreased although it seems to improve if you turn off wifi. Other than that, I'm very happy with it. I've had it for a couple of months now. No doubt my issue could be resolved with a software fix. As for yours, maybe that was more of a batch issue. sucks for sure

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hasn't had an issue since disabling FB messenger, drewood was right.

I still don't know how I feel about it though, Verizon is giving me an option to replace with any device of my liking.

I would only go 6s plus, they don't offer a 6p and I'm not interested in the v10

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't had an issue since disabling FB messenger, drewood was right.

I still don't know how I feel about it though, Verizon is giving me an option to replace with any device of my liking.

I would only go 6s plus, they don't offer a 6p and I'm not interested in the v10

I feel the same way. I pay for a high end phone and just the idea that a basic function doesn't work just doesn't sit right with me...smh

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I'd rather have the V10 over the Note 5, personally, but maybe that's just me. I don't mind the extra size, and I think the V10 is a gorgeous device (while the Note 5 is less than gorgeous...), and I also get the added benefit of expandable storage and a removable battery, which is alright by me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa