Is there a way to turn off Samsung Pay?

DarkstarBinary

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Its so much easier to pull out my card....I just haven't been happy with it. It won't allow me to uninstall and if i pick force stop it eventually comes back. I just don't want it running, or have that little tab on the bottom of my screen.

Absolutely, but theres a trick to make this work, and yes I hate NFC incredibly easy to hack remotely just like chipped cards are using a parabolic dish and an RFID reader.

1. force stop on both Samsung pay, and Samsung pay stub.
2. revoke permissions for both Samsung pay apps.
3. Disable auto update in the google play store.
4. go into the app manager again, then force stop again, click on the more button and unistall updates for both Samsung pay apps.
5. Disable any notification permissions for both Samsung pay apps.
6. clear any cache and downloads for each app and your done, no actively running Samsung pay.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Package disabler pro. No root required on my note 5. Just disabled Samsung pay and it's gone from the home screen and app drawer. No not really gone, just disabled.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I love Samsung Pay, but believe it or not my biggest obstacle is wanting to keep my phone as germ-free as possible so I hate touching carts and items and touchscreens (during self-checkout anyway) and then touching my phone to use Samsung Pay only to put it back into my pocket.

At that point I'd rather just take my wallet out. Ugh. Damn germophobe bull****.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I love Samsung Pay, but believe it or not my biggest obstacle is wanting to keep my phone as germ-free as possible so I hate touching carts and items and touchscreens (during self-checkout anyway) and then touching my phone to use Samsung Pay only to put it back into my pocket.

At that point I'd rather just take my wallet out. Ugh. Damn germophobe bull****.

Then I guess you don't use grocery list app? I love mine. It saves the odd names or long names I don't want to type in and has a bar code scanner.

I use my American Express card for the vending machine at work and at the laundromat if the one I go to has a cc option. My Capital One card doesn't seem to want to work and that's the one I was waiting for. Walmart doesn't accept SP, but for other things it's nice.

This good to know how to turn it off though.

Joshua Rocha

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the Package Disabler Pro app that was suggested and it seems to be doing the job.

Thanks to everyone that posted in here about how you actually like Samsung Pay. That was very helpful to this particular conversation.... -_-

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I like it, but since I use a extended battery case, it doesn't work. I would have to remove the case to use Samsung pay. Just easier to pull card from wallet. And I am the opposite, I will more than likely to leave my phone at home, but never forget my wallet... (Keep my wallet and glasses on the kitchen counter) and since I need my glasses to drive, the wallet is right there. LoL But I do wish there was a way to get it to work through the case...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I cant use it right now because Discover is not on th elist. Anyway when I go into app manager to disable it the icon is grayed out. I force stop it and then it just comes back. No way to get rid of it. Any thoughts
You can make android pay the default payment method. Also make sure Nfc Payment option is off. You can go into Tap and Pay and remove any selected payment services from there I believe.

JayGlaze379

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
You can disable all of the samsung app notifications and updates, you just can't remove them or stop them from running in the background. To change the settings you have to find the app called "Galaxy Apps" in your app drawer, then in settings you can turn off notifications, updates, etc...

Keith D1

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
How do I remove Samsung pay as the default payment app? I installed Samsung pay but was unimpressed by the lack of support for my cards so I uninstalled it and wanted to try android pay instead. I installed it but it won't let me add any card because it says it is being blocked by another app, likely samsung pay even though I uninstalled Samsung pay.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
How do I remove Samsung pay as the default payment app? I installed Samsung pay but was unimpressed by the lack of support for my cards so I uninstalled it and wanted to try android pay instead. I installed it but it won't let me add any card because it says it is being blocked by another app, likely samsung pay even though I uninstalled Samsung pay.
There should be a way to make Android pay the default. You can also go into Apps and disable Samsung pay then immediately go to Android pay and make that the primary

msnadzilla

Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
Just bought the Package Disabler Pro app that was suggested and it seems to be doing the job.

Thanks to everyone that posted in here about how you actually like Samsung Pay. That was very helpful to this particular conversation.... -_-

HAHAHAHA. I wish I could like this 500 times.
Oh, YoU dOnT lIkE iT?? I dO!

cool that helps me soooo much.
Seriously this app just opens on my phone, but it doesn't fully open. it just starts glitching my phone out at random times and i have to close all apps 5x. I have it disabled and this still happens. I just want it gone!!!
Can you delete the Package Disabler Pro once you've deleted Samsung Pay?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
HAHAHAHA. I wish I could like this 500 times.
Oh, YoU dOnT lIkE iT?? I dO!

cool that helps me soooo much.
Seriously this app just opens on my phone, but it doesn't fully open. it just starts glitching my phone out at random times and i have to close all apps 5x. I have it disabled and this still happens. I just want it gone!!!
Can you delete the Package Disabler Pro once you've deleted Samsung Pay?
Hi, welcome !
No you need PDP on phone for it to disable apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez