My son just got an Emergency Alert message on his S4, the Alarm and everything, but it didn't come over my Note 5. Now I checked my settings and it IS turned on. We both have T-Mobile.
    Has anyone ever had that problem? How do you fix it?
    We are in the middle of the Blizzard on the East Coast.
    Thanks in Advance

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-23-2016 12:45 PM
    You say "it IS turned on" but what, exactly, is actually turned on?

In stock Android OS, under Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Emergency Broadcasts, there are toggles for:

• Show extreme threats
    • Show severe alerts
    • Show AMBER alerts
    01-23-2016 02:33 PM
    You say "it IS turned on" but what, exactly, is actually turned on?

In stock Android OS, under Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Emergency Broadcasts, there are toggles for:

• Show extreme threats
    • Show severe alerts
    • Show AMBER alerts
    Thanks for replying. Everything is turned on as in the picture.

Attached Thumbnails Emergency Alerts-10674.jpg  
    01-23-2016 03:20 PM
    Don't see an "Emergency Alerts" setting. Searched Settings for keywords like "Emergency", "Severe", "Imminent", "Amber" but no results returned. Does anyone with Verizon see the "Emergency Alerts" option in Settings? I could just be overlooking where this setting lives.
    01-24-2016 09:18 AM
    Personally I had them to go off at 2:30 am in the morning.
    It was for over 125 miles from me.
    I turned all of them off.
    01-24-2016 11:49 AM
    Don't see an "Emergency Alerts" setting. Searched Settings for keywords like "Emergency", "Severe", "Imminent", "Amber" but no results returned. Does anyone with Verizon see the "Emergency Alerts" option in Settings? I could just be overlooking where this setting lives.
    What phone? What OS version? What country are you in? This is primarily (exclusively?) a US thing.

On most, it is under Settings -> Wireless & networks (the first settings group) -> More... -> Emergency broadcasts.
    01-24-2016 12:24 PM
    01-24-2016 12:26 PM
    It can be hard to find, because it's under the Settings in the Messages app.

You should have it play a sample of the alert sound. I had an Amber alert go off from a previous phone, and believe me, you'll feel like you should be taking cover.
    TV417 likes this.
    01-24-2016 01:42 PM
    It can be hard to find, because it's under the Settings in the Messages app.

You should have it play a sample of the alert sound. I had an Amber alert go off from a previous phone, and believe me, you'll feel like you should be taking cover.
    Not on my Verizon variant, unless they moved it

01-24-2016 06:23 PM
    Not on my Verizon variant, unless they moved it

Derp. .it's a separate app..smh

01-24-2016 06:36 PM
    On my phones (LG G4 & Note 3) go to app drawer, click on Emergency Alert app (orange triangle w/ exclamation point). go to settings & change
    01-24-2016 06:45 PM
    Mine's AT&T. Wonder why they don't put 'em all in the same place.
    01-24-2016 07:21 PM
    Try Settings > Sound and Notifications > App Notifications
    01-24-2016 08:57 PM
    Try Settings > Sound and Notifications > App Notifications
    Thanks. I found an "Emergency Alerts" there, but no option to set the alerts as shown in TV417's screenshot above in post # 3. I must be overlooking something.
    01-24-2016 09:56 PM
    What phone? What OS version? What country are you in? This is primarily (exclusively?) a US thing.

On most, it is under Settings -> Wireless & networks (the first settings group) -> More... -> Emergency broadcasts.
    Phone is Note 5, OS version is 5.1.1, country is USA, carrier is Verizon. I checked under Settings\Wireless and networks\More, but not seeing an option for "Emergency broadcasts".
    01-24-2016 10:00 PM
    You want to go to messages
    Then to the top to more
    Then to settings
    Then emergency alerts.
    01-25-2016 06:42 AM
    You want to go to messages
    Then to the top to more
    Then to settings
    Then emergency alerts.
    Verizon may have removed the "Emergency alerts" option in Messages\More\Settings. Unfortunately, don't see it there.
    01-25-2016 06:48 AM
    Verizon may have removed the "Emergency alerts" option in Messages\More\Settings. Unfortunately, don't see it there.
    As mentioned above, Verizon might be one of those carriers which have removed Emergency Broadcasts from their custom OS skin and added it instead as a separate app. Check the app drawer for something appropriate such as "Emergency ..."
    Trees likes this.
    01-25-2016 07:27 AM
    I have the Note 3, 4 and 5. All have emergency alerts turned on, but the Note 3 is the only one that gets the alerts. All on Sprint. 5.1.1 on all the phones.
    01-27-2016 12:59 PM