Emergency Alerts

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
My son just got an Emergency Alert message on his S4, the Alarm and everything, but it didn't come over my Note 5. Now I checked my settings and it IS turned on. We both have T-Mobile.
Has anyone ever had that problem? How do you fix it?
We are in the middle of the Blizzard on the East Coast.
Thanks in Advance

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You say "it IS turned on" but what, exactly, is actually turned on?

In stock Android OS, under Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Emergency Broadcasts, there are toggles for:

• Show extreme threats
  • Show severe alerts
  • Show AMBER alerts

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
You say "it IS turned on" but what, exactly, is actually turned on?

In stock Android OS, under Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Emergency Broadcasts, there are toggles for:

• Show extreme threats
  • Show severe alerts
  • Show AMBER alerts

Thanks for replying. Everything is turned on as in the picture.

Attachments

• 10674.jpg
    10674.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 36

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't see an "Emergency Alerts" setting. Searched Settings for keywords like "Emergency", "Severe", "Imminent", "Amber" but no results returned. Does anyone with Verizon see the "Emergency Alerts" option in Settings? I could just be overlooking where this setting lives.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't see an "Emergency Alerts" setting. Searched Settings for keywords like "Emergency", "Severe", "Imminent", "Amber" but no results returned. Does anyone with Verizon see the "Emergency Alerts" option in Settings? I could just be overlooking where this setting lives.

What phone? What OS version? What country are you in? This is primarily (exclusively?) a US thing.

On most, it is under Settings -> Wireless & networks (the first settings group) -> More... -> Emergency broadcasts.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It can be hard to find, because it's under the Settings in the Messages app.

You should have it play a sample of the alert sound. I had an Amber alert go off from a previous phone, and believe me, you'll feel like you should be taking cover.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It can be hard to find, because it's under the Settings in the Messages app.

You should have it play a sample of the alert sound. I had an Amber alert go off from a previous phone, and believe me, you'll feel like you should be taking cover.

Not on my Verizon variant, unless they moved it

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
On my phones (LG G4 & Note 3) go to app drawer, click on Emergency Alert app (orange triangle w/ exclamation point). go to settings & change

Roxxter

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Try Settings > Sound and Notifications > App Notifications

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
What phone? What OS version? What country are you in? This is primarily (exclusively?) a US thing.

On most, it is under Settings -> Wireless & networks (the first settings group) -> More... -> Emergency broadcasts.

Phone is Note 5, OS version is 5.1.1, country is USA, carrier is Verizon. I checked under Settings\Wireless and networks\More, but not seeing an option for "Emergency broadcasts".

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Verizon may have removed the "Emergency alerts" option in Messages\More\Settings. Unfortunately, don't see it there.

As mentioned above, Verizon might be one of those carriers which have removed Emergency Broadcasts from their custom OS skin and added it instead as a separate app. Check the app drawer for something appropriate such as "Emergency ..."

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 3, 4 and 5. All have emergency alerts turned on, but the Note 3 is the only one that gets the alerts. All on Sprint. 5.1.1 on all the phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress