6.0 Marshmallow: Verizon Galaxy Note 5

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
In a direct a/b comparison with yesterday (same locations, same usage), my N5 battery is doing better after disabling that pesky crapware with Package Disabler Pro. Like at least 20% better.

Also, anyone else using fingerprints to unlock their N5's getting that PIA "Select Keyboard" dialog every time you use your fingerprint??

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok I've fund the app that was causing the "location found" error and deleted it. All i have left is the screen taking up so much battery .. any way to fix that ?

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to force wifi calling besides turning off mobile data? The signal at my work place is very weak, bouncing back and forth between 3G/1X with 1 or 2 bars. It only seems to use wifi calling when mobile data is turned off. Does SMS messages come through on wifi too?

anybody?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Im beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my phone. Everyone is saying they got better battery life after update but mine is worse. WiFi eats up more battery now that before. So odd.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Im beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my phone. Everyone is saying they got better battery life after update but mine is worse. WiFi eats up more battery now that before. So odd.

My N5 on MM is starting to really extend battery. It took a couple of days and shutting down crapware.
There are so many variables that can dramatically affect battery life, that it's virtually impossible to compare one owner to another. The fact that WIFI is using more battery than before (if everything in your life has remained exactly the same as the point in time you are using as reference) shouldn't be the case.

Here's just one huge variable: did you do a factory reset after upgrading to MM?

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there a lot of people seeing battery drain issues after the update? I am very skeptical about updating if there is a ton of people who are experiencing this. I guy I work with updated and was noticing battery drain issues.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Of course I can't answer for anyone else but I've not had any battery drain issues after updating. As a matter of fact, my battery life has increased. Tuesday I charged it to 100% before going to bed and then unplugged it to see what kind of battery drain I would have overnight, in the morning around 0600 I checked the phone and it had only dropped 7%. I ran it the rest of the day until last night around 11:30 and it was still going strong.

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a battery drain problem after the update and after doing a full wipe/reset. Stats shows the Android OS as the top battery user.
I'm thinking it's an app thats causing this since I pretty much loaded same apps after the reset. I'll have to uninstall one by one to see what's causing the drain. P.I.T.A.

jmj227

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
My battery life is MUCH better after the update. Part of the reason I rushed to do the update is how poorly my battery was performing on lollipop. I should have done a full factory reset months ago. I did the update and then reset. Last night the phone drained 6% overnight in about 8 hours. Much better than before.

Last edited:

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Too many people don't understand how the reported battery consumption works. If you see a jump in percentages, it's not that those services are eating more. It's because other aspects are eating less. Those percentages are relative consumption, not linear.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My N5 on MM is starting to really extend battery. It took a couple of days and shutting down crapware.
There are so many variables that can dramatically affect battery life, that it's virtually impossible to compare one owner to another. The fact that WIFI is using more battery than before (if everything in your life has remained exactly the same as the point in time you are using as reference) shouldn't be the case.

Here's just one huge variable: did you do a factory reset after upgrading to MM?

Yes I did a factory reset.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Verizon!! I have a downstairs in my apt where I spend a lot of time and have no cell service. With 6.0 I now have ever WiFi calling! I can text and make calls!! This is Huuuuuge!!!! I love my Note 5 even more now!

Mukamooodi

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Finally i got the update for my Note5 in middle east saudi arabia yesterday... anyone knows what are all new features in Marshmellow Android 6.0.1... let me know to check the same in my mobile too...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4979.jpg
    4979.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 302

TechyDad

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
any chance you have other Amazon apps like Audible disabled? Turns out Audible must be enabled to update Amazon Music and Amazon Kindle. I've re-disabled Audible after successful update to see if it's still needed next time