06-06-2017 01:20 PM
62 123
tools
    I picked up a pair a couple days ago. They constantly disconnect. The left one (non-phone) more than the right.

Even when connected, my Audible app pauses often... to the point of uselessness. Listening to audio books is one of my main reasons for using these.

I have tried different hoops and ear gels. Nada.

I am probably going to have to return them. Its a shame... I really liked them when they worked.
    Sounds like they are defective. Mine don't do that at all.
    08-28-2016 10:07 AM
    I like mine. The only thing that would make them better is improved battery life.
    08-28-2016 10:36 AM
    how do you load songs on them?
    if I have google music can I just select a playlist to download to them?
    08-29-2016 09:24 AM
    Put them in the charger and plug the charger in your computer. They should show up as a drive, go to "Tools" directory and install the Gear App. Use it or the Gear App on your phone to transfer music. Use the app to put your Icon x in stand alone mode too.
    08-29-2016 04:47 PM
    I don't think it's compatible. Wishful thinking...on my part. I tried but didn't work.

But A-Bing the Bragi and Iconx.. I definitely say the Iconx is better sound quality. Not huge but noticeable. I'm not an audiphile so can't give the technical terms. But as a commoner, I prefer the Iconx over Bragi.
    08-29-2016 07:21 PM
    Anyone know if these will pair and play with an ipad?
    They will not.
    08-29-2016 10:29 PM
    The Samsung guy at best buy said the battery life is 4 hours continuous music. I guess he was mistaken.
    From what I understand if you store a playlist on the earbuds themselves you get 3 or so hours but streaming with your phone will be about 1 1/2 hours.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:32 PM
    I went in to Best Buy today to pick up a pair and they were sold out! I want to try these out in a bad way! I decided not to upgrade my Note 5 to a Note 7 so I think I at least deserve some new headphones. I have a pair of Jaybird Bluebud X headphones but the wire that goes between the left and right earbud drives me nuts.
    08-29-2016 10:37 PM
    They will not.
    So I just got through pairing my Icon Xs with my wife's ipad and they worked just fine. Don't know what went wrong that they worked but her Icon Xs will show up tomorrow and she will be using them on her ipad.
    tlo07 likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:55 PM
    I really want to get those but they're expensive and I'm afraid I'll lose them on the first day. So tiny...
    08-29-2016 11:24 PM
    So I just got through pairing my Icon Xs with my wife's ipad and they worked just fine. Don't know what went wrong that they worked but her Icon Xs will show up tomorrow and she will be using them on her ipad.
    That's awesome! I thought you had to use a special Samsung app to pair them. Now I won't feel guilty spending $200 on them because they will work with my iPads too. Thanks for the info!
    08-29-2016 11:40 PM
    I have also paired them with my Gear S2 watch and an Anker Bluetooth Receiver/Transmitter.
    08-30-2016 09:31 AM
    mine paired too and connected but I couldn't hear anyting throught them? Is there a special thing you did? I noticed though with mine, I had to keep it paired to my phone (through the gear app) in order to pair with ipad, but still couldn't hear anything through the ipad.
    08-30-2016 03:26 PM
    Does anyone know the standby battery drain? Mine seems not to have energy from one day to another...
    08-30-2016 09:13 PM
    Does anyone know the standby battery drain? Mine seems not to have energy from one day to another...
    I am wondering about this as well as I have seen a few reviews reporting this, like the headsets never stop charging when they are in the case. I just got mine today, so not sure yet, but I can tell you that after the headphones are fully charged in the LEDs turn green, they stay on for a little bit and then go off totally, so I am assuming that no further drain should be happening at that point. Others were indicating that the LED lights never seemed to go out, which is not normal operation.
    08-30-2016 09:43 PM
    I am wondering about this as well as I have seen a few reviews reporting this, like the headsets never stop charging when they are in the case. I just got mine today, so not sure yet, but I can tell you that after the headphones are fully charged in the LEDs turn green, they stay on for a little bit and then go off totally, so I am assuming that no further drain should be happening at that point. Others were indicating that the LED lights never seemed to go out, which is not normal operation.
    Yes after a while the green led turn off but in my case the next day the earphones are totally drain...
    08-30-2016 09:45 PM
    Yes after a while the green led turn off but in my case the next day the earphones are totally drain...
    Hum, well I will report back tomorrow in the AM and let you know if mine drained over night at all.
    08-30-2016 10:13 PM
    So took my charger off charge this morning. Had them in my pocket in the charger 16 hours. Didn't use them just lugged them around all day. Just put the charger on charge and within 20 seconds both lights on the front of the charge case turned green but the battery charge light on the back where the cord plugs in is still red. Will see how long before it turns green. Humm...
    08-30-2016 10:30 PM
    I was going to purchase it but it does not last long on a full charge. Hour and a half of music play is not that good. The sound is great though. My beats last full day along with my Jam bluetooth headsets.
    08-31-2016 03:22 AM
    how do you load songs on them?
    if I have google music can I just select a playlist to download to them?
    I called google today. If you're on a Google music subscription you can't add the offline Playlist to the buds even if it's downloaded. You must purchase the music, download it to your computer via Google music manager then transfer the mp3s via android file transfer to your phone..then you can go ahead and add them to the buds. Painful!
    08-31-2016 03:39 AM
    So interesting thing. It seems others are right. There does seem to be a battery drain issue with these things. Very odd. I fully charged the buds and case. Then used the buds fully for about an hour and 15 minutes with a work out. Then put them back in the case to recharge. This was on Tuesday. I haven't used them since other than to take them out daily to check battery level. Now today, Friday AM, the case itself is fully drained of charge and the right earbud, my main one, is partly drained as well. (Last night it had full charge when I checked). This is a problem. Battery drain should not be happening like this at all. These are lithium batteries after all. They should be able to sit in a hibernating state without draining.
    09-02-2016 06:48 AM
    I'm very annoyed by the fact that since a few years cellphone makes including Apple have lower the maximum level you can listen to your music too to avoid ear damage. I think it's my problem how loud I decide to listen to my music. The only way I've found to uncap this volume limit is to jailbreak or root my devices and change the code. It works great, except for the fact that my new note 7 is not root able yet. And I do wish I found an alternative. Once I bought some beats headphone and I admit that the volume was a bit louder, but still not as loud as my 2009 beloved iPod. And now I'm stuck with the stupid Samsung headphones and to tell you the truth, I can't hear anything when I'm in the street. Not only my music, but also my audible audiobook. Can't hear the voices that well.

So my question is, can the Icon x save me ? Can they play loud enough that it will sound like my old iPods before government forced phone makers to cap the volume my? If yes ill gladly pay twice the price for them.
    09-03-2016 07:08 PM
    I just received my earbuds from Amazon and I am absolutely shocked at how horrible the sound quality is. I must be doing something wrong .... The sound is super low, lower than the stock headphones. A little metallic and I hear from far away. It's so low and horrible than if people are talking next to me I hear their voices louder than my music. And when I'm in my own living room with no one around its not loud enough to hear my audiobook

Either I am doing something wrong or this is the most horrible and disgusting product I've ever purchased in my entire life..... Please help !
    09-05-2016 12:38 PM
    Returning this crap immediately. So disappointed.
    09-05-2016 02:42 PM
    I'm very annoyed by the fact that since a few years cellphone makes including Apple have lower the maximum level you can listen to your music too to avoid ear damage. I think it's my problem how loud I decide to listen to my music. The only way I've found to uncap this volume limit is to jailbreak or root my devices and change the code. It works great, except for the fact that my new note 7 is not root able yet. And I do wish I found an alternative. Once I bought some beats headphone and I admit that the volume was a bit louder, but still not as loud as my 2009 beloved iPod. And now I'm stuck with the stupid Samsung headphones and to tell you the truth, I can't hear anything when I'm in the street. Not only my music, but also my audible audiobook. Can't hear the voices that well.

So my question is, can the Icon x save me ? Can they play loud enough that it will sound like my old iPods before government forced phone makers to cap the volume my? If yes ill gladly pay twice the price for them.
    You can put your music through software and raise the volume to fix that issue. Goldwave does a great job at this.
    09-08-2016 08:53 AM
62 123