AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
But they should have a plan in place. This ain't a foggy screen or a busted hheadphone jack this is a potentially dangerous problem. Thank goodness I recorded all of my calls with them so if something happens in the mean time I have proof I tried to exchange my phone and n one would take it. My attorney will eat this up.
They can't exchange your Note for a Note. If you use your Note right now, that is on you. They will take your phone back right now. They have covered themselves.

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
No they won't! 724-656-2100 that's my local att stores number call them tell them you have a note 7 you bought 3rd party or private sale then come back and tell me what they say. They told me Theresa nothing they can do i have the phone call recorded

iDrummer3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No they won't! 724-656-2100 that's my local att stores number call them tell them you have a note 7 you bought 3rd party or private sale then come back and tell me what they say. They told me Theresa nothing they can do i have the phone call recorded

I'm just curious. What was the benefit of even buying from a private seller?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Private sale is different. You need to be in touch with your seller. AT&T isn't responsible for that phone.

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

He's 2.5 hours away and I domt have his number to contact him. The thing is it shouldn't matter where I loopgot it all that matters is I have 1 and they are being recalled. If I buy a car that someone has had for 2 years and there is a recall I take the car and get it fixed. It doesnt matter if I bought it for $100,000 or $100 all that matters is there's a recal

iDrummer3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Private sale is different. You need to be in touch with your seller. AT&T isn't responsible for that phone.

I don't think ATT should be responsible for a privately sold phone. However, for a recall involving safety, Samsung should be the one to replace the phone for you. I don't think legal action will be required. A quick complaint with the BBB will do the trick and not cost you a lot of time or any money at all.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

He's 2.5 hours away and I domt have his number to contact him. The thing is it shouldn't matter where I loopgot it all that matters is I have 1 and they are being recalled. If I buy a car that someone has had for 2 years and there is a recall I take the car and get it fixed. It doesnt matter if I bought it for $100,000 or $100 all that matters is there's a recal
This is a voluntary recall, not a government recall like cars.

You are going to have to try and get high up at Samsung or AT&T. It will be difficult and I would ask for Executive Customer relations at Samsung.

Is AT&T your carrier?

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes your 100℅ right it's a Samsung phone and they should be responsible but they are passing the buck saying the only plan in place is through the carriers. So I'm basically screwed

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yes att is my carrier
Ok, here is something you can do.

Call AT&T, ask for the retention department. Then ask for a supervisor. That is the department that is there to keep you as an AT&T customer.

Tell them your situation. Ask them what they are going to do. If you have to, threaten to leave AT&T for another carrier. If you have Uverse, use pulling that to threaten also.

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

I have a Comcast business account and we have 11 lines with them and have been customers since it was Cingular. I'm going to call everyone Monday or Tuesday morning and try to get it taken care of

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I have a Comcast business account and we have 11 lines with them and have been customers since it was Cingular. I'm going to call everyone Monday or Tuesday morning and try to get it taken care of
Call the retention department. They have a lot of authority.

They are there today.

ddown54

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Took back both my note 7s today liked the phones pre ordered came 2 days late no problems with either. But why should I have to take it back receive 2 different phones go through all the process of getting different phones and then when note 7s become available do it all again plus waste all that time in ATT store. That is the only option. Instead got 2 iPhone 6 Plus phones less money tax back no worry only one trip to store. I pleaded with ATT to just send me 2 phones when they came in I'd ship back my 2 phones no dice they really have not thought this through from a customer service standpoint.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Took back both my note 7s today liked the phones pre ordered came 2 days late no problems with either. But why should I have to take it back receive 2 different phones go through all the process of getting different phones and then when note 7s become available do it all again plus waste all that time in ATT store. That is the only option. Instead got 2 iPhone 6 Plus phones less money tax back no worry only one trip to store. I pleaded with ATT to just send me 2 phones when they came in I'd ship back my 2 phones no dice they really have not thought this through from a customer service standpoint.
You didn't have to take them back today, you could have waited until the Note 7's came in.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
All this would be so much easier it we just filed a claim online with Samsung, provided phone info, color etc... along with CC info. Then get a replacement sent in mail with 10 days to send back recall phone or your CC is charged. Just like the asurion insurance claims. Just think of all those used interim s7s and alike Samsung has to deal with now lol.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
By the way, night before the recal I filed a claim with asurion for a note 7 ( magically cracked screen and super hot device) BB wouldn't touch it. So asurion informs me the phones are out of stock and I would not be receiving a rellacement phone in 24hrs. I was as hot as my phone was, then come home from work to the recall info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non