T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
With my account I believe the last issue that remains is an eip for a phone I never used. I ordered a certified s6 edge plus but tried to cancel.later that afternoon when I got the first update on the Note 7 replacement availability. It shipped still but I returned it promptly and it shows delivered back to tmobile on 9/22. Still has that eip on my account so hoping to get that off soon.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
With my account I believe the last issue that remains is an eip for a phone I never used. I ordered a certified s6 edge plus but tried to cancel.later that afternoon when I got the first update on the Note 7 replacement availability. It shipped still but I returned it promptly and it shows delivered back to tmobile on 9/22. Still has that eip on my account so hoping to get that off soon.

I noticed that my S7 Edge loaner eip didn't come off after a week or so. Contacted TMo Help on Twitter to ask them about it. They said it would straighten itself out in 1-2 bill cycles. Could be a coincidence, but about a day and a half after I contacted them it was fixed.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that my S7 Edge loaner eip didn't come off after a week or so. Contacted TMo Help on Twitter to ask them about it. They said it would straighten itself out in 1-2 bill cycles. Could be a coincidence, but about a day and a half after I contacted them it was fixed.
Just got a ticket number and they're going to escalate removing the phone I never used

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for those returning and getting the V20 using your Jump....

How are you doing this?

Returning the phone for full refund and the starting a new jump when V20 comes out? (is that even possible)

Getting a phone to hold you over, then use that to Jump to V20? (will that use up a Jump)
Unless T-Mobile changes something, and I'm not holding my breathe, if I return the N7 today it would be for a full refund and would reset my JOD back to 0 since this is my first Jump since moving to T-Mobile. However, I would then be without a phone so I would either have to go buy something out of pocket to hold me over until the V20 or I could jump to another phone and then jump again to the V20. I don't really like that scenario because then I've burned a Jump. If I knew the V20 would be in my hands within 14 days, I'd jump to a phone, return under 14 days, pay restocking fee and then jump to the V20. To me paying the restocking fee is better than burning a Jump. Sure, it's a wasted $50 but since August 18 I've used a combination of Note 7 and S7 Edge for free plus scored lots of freebies so I'm still way ahead in this game.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Why won't it work? My Note 5 works great with my wireless charger
I think the rep didn't know what he was talking about. I asked them if the Note 5 would work with the Samsung Fast Wireless charger and he said no, it was only compatible with S6 models and up. I looked at the charger on Samsung's website last night and there is a "compatible device" link and it does show the Note 5. I had the Note 5 prior to the Note 7 and felt it would be too much of a downgrade to go back so I went with the S7 Edge. Keep in mind I hardly use the stylus (I know that's the whole point of the Note but I live the size, feel, specs and UI of the flagship device) so that wasn't really a deal breaker for me but I can see how it would be for others. With my previous Note 5 I was getting close to the 64GB storage so I also wanted the expandable memory. For me it was the right device but I'll be honest, I really dislike the phone and I haven't even had it for 24 hrs. Don't get me wrong it's a good phone but to me, everything is a downgrade from the Note 7. I was spoiled by the almost 2 months I had the Note 7. It was to date the best phone I ever had. I didn't have any of the lag issues that others mentioned, I had amazing battery life, the replacement was blazing fast at unlocking the phone via finger print (faster than my original Note 7)... really bummed about this whole mess.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Why won't it work? My Note 5 works great with my wireless charger
I think the rep didn't know what he was talking about. I asked them if the Note 5 would work with the Samsung Fast Wireless charger and he said no, it was only compatible with S6 models and up. I looked at the charger on Samsung's website last night and there is a "compatible device" link and it does show the Note 5. I had the Note 5 prior to the Note 7 and felt it would be too much of a downgrade to go back so I went with the S7 Edge. Keep in mind I hardly use the stylus (I know that's the whole point of the Note but I live the size, feel, specs and UI of the flagship device) so that wasn't really a deal breaker for me but I can see how it would be for others. With my previous Note 5 I was getting close to the 64GB storage so I also wanted the expandable memory. For me it was the right device but I'll be honest, I really dislike the phone and I haven't even had it for 24 hrs. Don't get me wrong it's a good phone but to me, everything is a downgrade from the Note 7. I was spoiled by the almost 2 months I had the Note 7. It was to date the best phone I ever had. I didn't have any of the lag issues that others mentioned, I had amazing battery life, the replacement was blazing fast at unlocking the phone via finger print (faster than my original Note 7)... really bummed about this whole mess.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the round fast wireless charger and the portable charger, both Samsung, both work with my note 5

Status
Not open for further replies.