Non-USA Carrier Note 7 Recall Thread

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I received an email at 11:20 today for a new phone shipping as early as September 15. I applied on the Samsung site on September 7. Excited again.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah some of us that had received emails for Sept 12th got new emails stating Sept 15th now :S

AND I just got a TXT from Rogers telling me about the replacement website from Samsung, better late than never?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah some of us that had received emails for Sept 12th got new emails stating Sept 15th now :S

AND I just got a TXT from Rogers telling me about the replacement website from Samsung, better late than never?
Haha haha, yup just got my text today too

Email came in stating the 15th as well

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
When did you apply? I applied directly in the phone the s,we day it was announced and then again on Thurs on their website and I've heard nothing.

Sorry, meant to say, I originally applied on the phone to Samsung on the day it was announced, and then on their website on Thursday. I haven't received an email yet. I'm wondering if it's going by Province, I'm in BC so maybe we're last?

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Just got a message from Bell linking to an updated Samsung Exchange Program page: there it says that now Health Canada is involved. I called the help number to see if I had to re-register (I had already done so on the 7th and got confirmation email stating new phone would ship on the 15th), the rep was adamant that I didn't need to re-register. This is gonna take longer than first seemed...

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, meant to say, I originally applied on the phone to Samsung on the day it was announced, and then on their website on Thursday. I haven't received an email yet. I'm wondering if it's going by Province, I'm in BC so maybe we're last?

I'm also in BC and got my email on Friday stating earliest shipping date of September 15. I applied on Wednesday through their site. If you haven't heard from them still I would call the number on the page. 1-800-517-3507

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got a message from Bell linking to an updated Samsung Exchange Program page: there it says that now Health Canada is involved. I called the help number to see if I had to re-register (I had already done so on the 7th and got confirmation email stating new phone would ship on the 15th), the rep was adamant that I didn't need to re-register. This is gonna take longer than first seemed...
I got the same message. Thanks for calling as this had me confused. So to me based on the official info I have from Bell/Samsung, disregarding all the panic on this board I should have my new device or very concrete info about when/where to get my device by Sept 15. That is the way I'm understanding it.

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I got the same message. Thanks for calling as this had me confused. So to me based on the official info I have from Bell/Samsung, disregarding all the panic on this board I should have my new device or very concrete info about when/where to get my device by Sept 15. That is the way I'm understanding it.

Well, not exactly...you don't have to re-apply, but the site is a little vague as to what's next ("we'll share plan as soon as we have info" blah blah blah). So those dates we received for next week, are, I think, now in doubt, due to Health Canada's involvement.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I went to Rogers today and exchanged for S7E, got to keep my 64GB SD card, $200 trade in was still applied and S7E is $200 less than Note 7 so that's pretty good. Already got my Gear Fit 2 as well.

I had registered for the exchange program, so I called the number provided so I could cancel my exchange but the person at Samsung was very clueless. She kept telling me to just let my carrier know and that if I exchanged for S7E at the carrier I was ok even though I said I'm in Canada, I don't think she understood how it's working here.

Most likely I will receive a Note 7 that I will just have to return.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I wanted the S7E to begin with but with the promos offered on the Note 7 I went that route but with the issues etc I just decided to switch and I'm really happy!

Sell glad you're happy. S7E wasn't appealing enough to me when if came out. It was close