AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
This is why Consumer Reports has been going ballistic about not involving the CPSC in the recall. There are so many different commercial and third party sellers, and once these get into private hands they need to be recovered regardless which seller is involved. Samsung can't look the other way because you bought it on eBay, or from a friend, or in a back alley. Hopefully those of us who bought heads up from a carrier get the first shipment of new units before too long.
Wouldn't it be trivial for Samsung to send a blacklist database of all of the bad imei phones and prevent it from activating on any carrier?

Pluka471

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have two questions, if anyone knows the answers.

1. If you get another loaner Samsung device to replace your Note 7, do you need to pay anything (taxes, etc)?
2. If you get the loaner and return it, can you technically return the loaner and not get the Note 7 and get another device (ex: get the iPhone 7)?

1. You do not need to pay anything for the loaner.
2. No. If you accept the loaner you have two choices, keep the loaner permenantly or swap it for a new Note 7.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't it be cool if Samsung snuck in an updated version of the Note with more ram and internal storage? I think that would be a nice perk for everyone affected, especially those who returned their phone already.

I agree, but we can dream right lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Return process didn't go as smoothly as I thought. Went on att to check my bill. They are still charging me for a phone I don't have and they did not reset my upgrade /next plan status. 7 am can't come soon enough. The only thing that turned out right was I got refunded my money for the taxes I paid on the 7 😠

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Return process didn't go as smoothly as I thought. Went on att to check my bill. They are still charging me for a phone I don't have and they did not reset my upgrade /next plan status. 7 am can't come soon enough. The only thing that turned out right was I got refunded my money for the taxes I paid on the 7 ??????

SAME HERE except the store i returned mine to on Sunday LOST MY PHONE they can not find it! I spent nearly an hour on the phone yesterday. I am still being charged for it as well. I am beyond furious.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
SAME HERE except the store i returned mine to on Sunday LOST MY PHONE they can not find it! I spent nearly an hour on the phone yesterday. I am still being charged for it as well. I am beyond furious.
This is ridiculous. How did they lose the
phone? Did they give you a receipt?

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This is ridiculous. How did they lose the
phone? Did they give you a receipt?

I asked for one but was told my account was clear and already showing that i am able to upgrade and have a 0 balance. Of course i trusted them and said ok and left.. So no i have no receipt... but i am sure the store has cameras so if need be i can prove myself being there at 1:30 on Sunday. I will fight this because i did everything i was supposed to do the store messed up, not me.

I was on the phone yesterday for an hour disputing this entire thing and the store apparently stated they can not find the phone i returned but i must give them 24 hours to locate it..... I said my account better be made clear even if you cant find it.. of course i was being treated as a liar as if i never returned it... they can obviously see when the last time i used it and the phone i switched to which was a crappy back up phone i had laying in a drawer.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I asked for one but was told my account was clear and already showing that i am able to upgrade and have a 0 balance. Of course i trusted them and said ok and left.. So no i have no receipt... but i am sure the store has cameras so if need be i can prove myself being there at 1:30 on Sunday. I will fight this because i did everything i was supposed to do the store messed up, not me.
I'm sorry you have to go through all of that. 😠

Marcjcd

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I can't lie my exchange went better then expected. Took long because it seems their system is just so slow but besides taking a little more then an hour it wasn't that bad. Went to S7E while I wait for the new Note 7s to come in. They did say there was no list or way to notify me when the new Notes come in so I have to just keep checking. No first come first serve for the people who returned the defects. People at the store all believed they'd have the new ones in 10 days or so.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Att phone people have no idea what they are doing. She said that everything is good on their end, but I'm not seeing it when I look at my account. 😩

aebcjl

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Give it a few days or even a week to update. I've had to have my bill adjusted in the past, and it took a while to show up on the website.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Now that IPhone 7 came out, I wonder if I wait to exchange my Note will they let me replace it with the iPhone 7 when it releases on the 16th.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Now that IPhone 7 came out, I wonder if I wait to exchange my Note will they let me replace it with the iPhone 7 when it releases on the 16th.

Its my understanding that you may return your recalled Note 7 at any time, and you can then be free to do whatever you want. That is why Samsung is offering the $25 bill credit.. to stay with Samsung.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Its my understanding that you may return your recalled Note 7 at any time, and you can then be free to do whatever you want. That is why Samsung is offering the $25 bill credit.. to stay with Samsung.

Is this correct? I am pretty sure for AT&T if we return our note 7 we have to select another smartphone. I am hoping they do not have a set date to end the exchange for another device. I really want to see how the iPhone 7 works out.

ShiftTab

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

Negative. It's not an exchange at this point. You would just returned the Note 7 for a full refund and do an iPhone 7 pre-order separately.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Return process didn't go as smoothly as I thought. Went on att to check my bill. They are still charging me for a phone I don't have and they did not reset my upgrade /next plan status. 7 am can't come soon enough. The only thing that turned out right was I got refunded my money for the taxes I paid on the 7 ������

Boy, am I glad I still have mine and am waiting until the new ones arrive! Now, I'm not even sure about that... maybe I'd better video the entire transaction on my Note 5 to have a record of it when it does happen after what you two have gone through! Jeekahz!

Un_Laugh.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.