AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Lol, 1 of the reps at my local store made the same iphone comment yesterday. I told them if they want to honor the buy one get one free deal they have to honor for the note then sign me up. That conversation ended right then.

I neglected to mention I had that exact same conversation, you'd think I dropped the Baby Ruth in the country club swimming pool! The young turk said at least I wouldn't be at risk. So I proceeded to bargain and told him the math: two GN7 (1758) - one BOGO credit (-695) - two SD cards (-398) equals $665 - match that with your iPhone 7 Plus and we'll talk...even if we equalize for two of the 256gb 7 Plus (because my SD cards were free), they'd have to put two of them in my hands for $1057...he turned six different shades of green - then bright red - then I left...

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Just came back from an absurd experience at ATT store. I bought from Target and went to my local store just to ask them to call me when the replacements came in. The woman immediately lit into me saying I need to exchange the phone right now for an S7 or S7 edge. I explained that I didn't want an S7 or Edge even on a temporary basis, all I wanted was them to put me on a list to call me. She then said there is no such list, and they are not prepared to do exchanges. Only Samsung will do direct exchanges. This of course is 100% contrary to what Samsung is saying. She then said, if I exchange to an S7 or S7 edge, I should be prepared to keep it permanently because it will be months (if ever) before the new N7s are released. I explained nicely that Samsung is saying next week to which she responded, they "rushed out the N7 and it may never come back".

Seriously absurd. Makes me furious. I of course called Samsung who says just wait a week and exchanges will be no problem. Unbelievable amount of confusion over this.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Just came back from an absurd experience at ATT store. I bought from Target and went to my local store just to ask them to call me when the replacements came in. The woman immediately lit into me saying I need to exchange the phone right now for an S7 or S7 edge. I explained that I didn't want an S7 or Edge even on a temporary basis, all I wanted was them to put me on a list to call me. She then said there is no such list, and they are not prepared to do exchanges. Only Samsung will do direct exchanges. This of course is 100% contrary to what Samsung is saying. She then said, if I exchange to an S7 or S7 edge, I should be prepared to keep it permanently because it will be months (if ever) before the new N7s are released. I explained nicely that Samsung is saying next week to which she responded, they "rushed out the N7 and it may never come back".

Seriously absurd. Makes me furious. I of course called Samsung who says just wait a week and exchanges will be no problem. Unbelievable amount of confusion over this.

I hate the inconsistencies that happen across customer service reps. Even prior to this recall, I've gotten so many different answers from so many different reps on varying topics. When I initially joined AT&T I was told I couldn't get any account credits since I was coming over from Verizon, yet a different person at a different store credited me $25 for each phone. I'm convinced it's impossible to see an entire company abide by a statement even if it was printed on a neon sign in every store.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I hate the inconsistencies that happen across customer service reps. Even prior to this recall, I've gotten so many different answers from so many different reps on varying topics. When I initially joined AT&T I was told I couldn't get any account credits since I was coming over from Verizon, yet a different person at a different store credited me $25 for each phone. I'm convinced it's impossible to see an entire company abide by a statement even if it was printed on a neon sign in every store.

Thats ok, At&t has just billed me for my water damaged Active that they have been instructed to exchange per Samsung at no charge. Been on the phone for now almost an hour trying to get the $751 charge removed with zero luck claiming "the phone had water damage and we dont cover that". When I read the At&t notes regarding that they are indeed covering that I have been told twice now it isnt for my phone.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thats ok, At&t has just billed me for my water damaged Active that they have been instructed to exchange per Samsung at no charge. Been on the phone for now almost an hour trying to get the $751 charge removed with zero luck claiming "the phone had water damage and we dont cover that". When I read the At&t notes regarding that they are indeed covering that I have been told twice now it isnt for my phone.

Oh man that sucks. I'm lucky to have a AT&T Corp store just a mile away and even though they don't always have correct information, they have always been willing to help. Good luck.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Oh man that sucks. I'm lucky to have a AT&T Corp store just a mile away and even though they don't always have correct information, they have always been willing to help. Good luck.
I hung up with them and called my business rep. Within 5 minutes he resolved it. Thank god.

joganjani

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I went to the store today for return/exchange with interim S7 Edge, and was told that they had the Samsung rep in today and I was told to hang on to the unit I have if it is not heating while charging and then exchange when the new batch arrives in 2 weeks. I charge it in front of me everyday on my desk checking it's temperature to the hand. Switch it off every night until next morning.

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I finally powered it down and put it away, I was leaning towards just using it, but didn't want to take a chance.
I already have a N7E, so I will wait for the replacement.

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
traded in 2 blue corals today for 2 s7 edges at the local ATT store. they seemed to be in the whole return , refund, exchange loop with the Note 7
The one lady said her brother works for samsung and he hasnt heard when the new phones were gonna be ready , but she also said he hasnt asked anyone that would actually know that info.
transaction seemed to go ok.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I really like my N7 but wondering realistically if a replacement unit will come before more crazy stories about the phone build up. My wife is wanting my 6S Plus because she needs a phone now but the only reason I left the iphone was for the N7. I don't think there are any other android phones that come close. I don't feel good about holding out but the only other choice that comes close is the iphone 7 plus.

Noeone415

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
For those who did the exchange for a s7e and did on the next plan, did you have to pay for tax instore.also did they charge activation for that s7e?

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
For those who did the exchange for a s7e and did on the next plan, did you have to pay for tax instore.also did they charge activation for that s7e?

I was told I'd be charged taxes, but not the activation fee - BUT - I was told I needed to pay for the monthly insurance, because if it even gets scratched they will not accept it back for the new GN7's when they are released. So I left with my GN7 still in hand.

Anybody care to spell FUBAR for me...

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
On a happy note I finally got my shipping info on my free 256 SD card. On a sad note I have no phone to put it in. Att has both my note 4 and 7. I'm hoping this means I'll have my 7 back soon. Lol

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on going from Note 7 to Note 7... I really don't want to start my NEXT plan over again. All of us fun people who do pre-orders, and want a phone on day 1 might be screwed next year when the Note 8 comes out, and we still have 2 payments left before we can trade in for it. Or we will have to double pay and pay off the last 2 payments.

Assuming that we make 2 payments on the Note 7 before the new Note 7s are available...
14 payments on the note 7 in 12 months (2 on old n7, 10 on new n7 and 2 extra to get your NEXT plan paid up to upgrade) Assuming you turn in your Note 7... which is the only reason to make those extra 2 payments... To get the Note 8 during its initial release period would cost you an extra $72.

...of course if AT&T handles it as an exchange, then there would be no new Next plan and all will be right in the world.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was told I'd be charged taxes, but not the activation fee - BUT - I was told I needed to pay for the monthly insurance, because if it even gets scratched they will not accept it back for the new GN7's when they are released. So I left with my GN7 still in hand.

Anybody care to spell FUBAR for me...

Don't you get your taxes BACK on your initial Note 7 when you turned it in, and then again on the s7e when you switch back to the new Note 7's?

Anzorian

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

I exchanged my Note 7 for the S7E yesterday on the next plan and received a $5.79 credit after everything was done. It was simple. AT&T has no clue when the N7 will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38