AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
All the CPSC has to do, if they were smart (key word) is realize that in 3/4 of a million Note 7's in China, there hasn't been one failure. "Samsung, you must use the Chinese batteries to send phones to the US!" Done! No testing needed... ahhh, but that's not the way we do things here - we have too many committees, and Test Facilities and Procedures to follow! BS!

Yeah...that "no testing needed" thing isn't going to fly here...just because it didn't supposedly didn't happen in China doesn't mean a whole lot...they will test batches of those Chinese phones to make sure they don't have the same issues....

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
That's easy to do if you power the phone off and leave it off, but how can you avoid an update while still using the phone on a daily basis?
You would have to turn off wifi I believe your phone will only automatically update if connected to wifi. At least that was the case with my s5.
Yeah...that "no testing needed" thing isn't going to fly here...just because it didn't supposedly didn't happen in China doesn't mean a whole lot...they will test batches of those Chinese phones to make sure they don't have the same issues....

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
YOu guys don't know how the CPSC does things. They don't test anything. They make the company do all the tests, and they review the results. This thing is already moving at a decent speed through the government. Much of this is that the CPSC is not funded to test products. They are a middle man who ensures that companies follow the rules. Samsung will provide appropriate information to satisfy the CPSC and the release will be done. Proving that the batteries are safe in China can definitely be a piece of the puzzle.

Of course why mess up the truth with facts, when we can go back to "They lost my electric bill once, so I doubt they will release the Note 7 until after Christmas. Or my favorite.. "Apple is an american company, so the government will lock up the Note 7 until after Apple tells them to release it"

rtwright68

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
YOu guys don't know how the CPSC does things. They don't test anything. They make the company do all the tests, and they review the results. This thing is already moving at a decent speed through the government. Much of this is that the CPSC is not funded to test products. They are a middle man who ensures that companies follow the rules. Samsung will provide appropriate information to satisfy the CPSC and the release will be done. Proving that the batteries are safe in China can definitely be a piece of the puzzle.

Of course why mess up the truth with facts, when we can go back to "They lost my electric bill once, so I doubt they will release the Note 7 until after Christmas. Or my favorite.. "Apple is an american company, so the government will lock up the Note 7 until after Apple tells them to release it"

Ok, I get all that. You have to admit that now that the government is involved, the process will take longer? It definitely will not go faster, which is my point. They will cause this issue to drag out until every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed, whether it needs to be or not.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
O.K. Folks - Get this, I spent an hour and a half this morning on the CPSC Web Site relentlessly trying to find a single tidbit about the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Zip, Zilch, Nada... I was totally amazed that there wasn't even a News Flash after seeing that they were involved on all of our Local and National News Stations last Friday. What the hell is up with that? I searched in every way I could think of and under every category I could find on their site... nothing! Somebody else want to give it a try? Maybe it's my 66 year old brain starting to retire!

http://www.cpsc.gov/ - EDIT: ehosey2 found it (hidden in plain sight) Duh! - see his post below! Thanks!

Last edited:

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
O.K. Folks - Get this, I spent an hour and a half this morning on the CPSC Web Site relentlessly trying to find a single tidbit about the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Zip, Zilch, Nada... I was totally amazed that there wasn't even a News Flash after seeing that they were involved on all of our Local and National News Stations last Friday. What the hell is up with that? I searched in every way I could think of and under every category I could find on their site... nothing!
Wow that is strange. Sure would be nice to know something soon

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
O.K. Folks - Get this, I spent an hour and a half this morning on the CPSC Web Site relentlessly trying to find a single tidbit about the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Zip, Zilch, Nada... I was totally amazed that there wasn't even a News Flash after seeing that they were involved on all of our Local and National News Stations last Friday. What the hell is up with that? I searched in every way I could think of and under every category I could find on their site... nothing! Somebody else want to give it a try? Maybe it's my 66 year old brain starting to retire!

CPSC Home | CPSC.gov

Press Statement from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note7 | CPSC.gov

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I have a $53 tech 21 evo tactical XT case I bought from the ATT store on 8/20. The back of the reciept says 14 days, are they extending the deadline for accessories too?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I have a $53 tech 21 evo tactical XT case I bought from the ATT store on 8/20. The back of the reciept says 14 days, are they extending the deadline for accessories too?

I don't know about accessories. but if f I wasn't able to return my 6s Plus today and accessories cause of their system still out of whack, then I would have had an exception because they can't do anything regarding activation.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I haven't read this thread for a few days. I returned my Note 7 a week ago, and have heard nothing. I'm a little concerned because I shipped it back and the post office is no longer tracking it. It just says "received by returns agent no further tracking info will be provided" I called At&t yesterday and the rep seen no record of me returning it. He said to give it until Friday. I didn't do an exchange and my local store told me to ship it back instead of returning it to them.

Turned in my Note 5 the same way and it took about 10 days for them to send me a text (AT&T free msg) that they have received it and good to go.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I stopped into my local at&t store on my way home and asked about the recall. The employee I spoke with, who seemed reasonably well informed, told me:

• They had no information on when the replacement N7s will be available
  • I can get any smart phone as a loaner, not just the J3
  • at&t will send me an email to my GMail address when the replacement N7s are available
  • They plan to stockpile enough replacements to cover every unit that they have sold before they start releasing them to customers

FWIW ;)

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It stated in AT&T "official" recall notice. Answer is YES. They say you can return any accessories when you return your device.

You really need to read AT&T official recall information. Everything is pretty clear there.

What should I do with the Samsung Galaxy Note7 I purchased?
Because safety is our top priority, customers who purchased one of these Note7s are strongly encouraged to turn off their device and exchange for a new device as soon as possible. Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, a new Galaxy Note7 (pending approval the Consumer Products Safety Commission) or any other smartphone, and may also return any Note7 accessories. If a customer chooses another Samsung device, he or she will receive a bill credit of $25 per device.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fwireless%2FKM1122948%2Fprint&token=vN45DdsR

joe

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I just returned my Note 7 at the AT&T store. They have no idea when the new ones will be in but they seem to be ready for it to be a while. I picked up a S7 edge for the meantime. I just had the note 7 perfectly how I wanted it too! Oh well. The S7 edge is a good phone, but it is no note 7! I will try to get the gear vr promotion while I'm waiting but I'll be happy when the new non-grenade note 7's come in!

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I hope the September 19th date holds true for usa also. Not trying to be a Debbie downer but samsung customer support, att, etc. All indicated a longer time frame or simply didn't know when they would be available. I really hope 19th holds true for usa customers...not sure if cspc will screw up on that for us though ..fingers crossed for 19th.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I hope the September 19th date holds true for usa also. Not trying to be a Debbie downer but samsung customer support, att, etc. All indicated a longer time frame or simply didn't know when they would be available. I really hope 19th holds true for usa customers...not sure if cspc will screw up on that for us though ..fingers crossed for 19th.
I agree I would just like to get the replacement phone and just be able to move on

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just called 3 "AT&T company" stores in Miami Fl. and each gave me a different answer. One said they are getting replacement phones next week. I was clear that I had a current Note 7 and needed to do an exchange, not a new purchase. He said next week, no specific day. One store said they had no idea and the other said to check the AT&T website that it is constantly updated with Note 7 info.
This is what is so frustrating. Everyone has a answer, but they are all different. For me, this is where Samsung has dropped the ball. Ill still stay with them because I don't like the iphone, but the lack of direct info from Samsung is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.