AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm at my AT&T store as I got the text too. However, they told me this is only for people who are wanting to exchange their old note 7 and Not for New Buyers. I'm not a new buyer as I pre-ordered mine at the store ON August 28th. I'm just informing people who want to get it and don't have the old Note 7 that they won't be able to.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Got the text on my way to the store. Had to show them the text for them to do it. The manager was saying they weren't going to exchange them till tomorrow. After getting over that hurdle, it was all pretty simple. Got my replacement Note 7. Now if only the Samsung website would work for me to check my IMEI!

Oh, no green battery indicator and no updates available.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Got my text today right after I decided to call and ask see if they had them instock yet!

Southern Florida. I do know they got 10 of each color... don't know if that matters to anyone.

I have it in my hands, btw, it's all done. Black, cause that's the only color that matters!

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Got the text on my way to the store. Had to show them the text for them to do it. The manager was saying they weren't going to exchange them till tomorrow. After getting over that hurdle, it was all pretty simple. Got my replacement Note 7. Now if only the Samsung website would work for me to check my IMEI!

Oh, no green battery indicator and no updates available.

Yeah I had to show the text I received too.
Too bad it's too late to do the Samsung Promotion. I really wanted that free 256GB card.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Got the text from AT&T today, and just called my local corporate store, and they said they had some Silver ones in stock. I have Black now, but I just want my phone back, and I don't mind the Silver, so I'm heading in soon to exchange it. Hope it goes smooth as others, I actually bought mine at Sam's, but don't really want to wait for them to get their act together. I'm in Lincoln, NE if anyone is curious.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today in Riverdale, Utah. Coral Blue of course, and when I walked in the guy remembered me from when I brought in my defective unit. Painless. I was shocked. I expected a fight.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Someone previously mentioned they had bought phone from Target Mobile but were able to return at an ATT Corp Store.

I went today and they wouldn't exchange mine and said I had to go to Target. They said they can't pull up my order to exchange. Anyone have info on this? I

Help is much appreciated!

neo Jeets

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Finally got my replacement at the local AT&T store. Got the notification text today and went out right away. The exchange took about 5 minutes after waiting for almost 2 damn hours. Not enough reps working and spending way too long with each customer.

mediaseth

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I exchanged mine tonight. Painless, but because I didn't bring the old box, I couldn't keep the new box so they could send the old phone back in it. No big deal. I don't need two boxes.

I did notice, though, that the battery indicator that is supposed to be green now, was still white. When I asked, the store clerk assured me "all" the recalled Note7's were already sent back and that it was a new one.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I exchanged mine tonight. Painless, but because I didn't bring the old box, I couldn't keep the new box so they could send the old phone back in it. No big deal. I don't need two boxes.

I did notice, though, that the battery indicator that is supposed to be green now, was still white. When I asked, the store clerk assured me "all" the recalled Note7's were already sent back and that it was a new one.

from what I understand an OTA will be rolling out soon to make the battery icons green on the new batch.

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Just check the phone on the Samsung website. That was the 1st thing I did when I got home.

Patelaryan

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Someone previously mentioned they had bought phone from Target Mobile but were able to return at an ATT Corp Store.

I went today and they wouldn't exchange mine and said I had to go to Target. They said they can't pull up my order to exchange. Anyone have info on this? I

Help is much appreciated!

Same issues with me. Called ATT corp store, confirmed with rep that I bought Note 7 Sams club. He said we will exchange it, drove 30 min then declined to exchange/swap. Asked me to go back to sams club.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Same issues with me. Called ATT corp store, confirmed with rep that I bought Note 7 Sams club. He said we will exchange it, drove 30 min then declined to exchange/swap. Asked me to go back to sams club.

Crazy part was they said Sam's club they can exchange at Corp Store bc it's part of att and not an 3rd party or authorized dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87