T-Mobile Note Return Thread 2.0

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
From bad experience with a store and rep who convinced me not to return the note 7 a few days ago saying Samsung isn't completely cancelling just halting and to hang onto it, to a great experience yesterday. After giving up on finding black s7 edge (because black iPhone 7 is the new hawtness) I decided that silver would be okay.

The process did take a little bit of time about 45 to an hour. I did not need my receipt or box. I was asked for receipt but I'm out of state I was able to help the rep at least by letting him know the store number I got the replacement from. He had to call customer service to get the process going but once he did it was easy. He walked me through the first purchase of the N7 I made in august and the amount I paid. He credited the amount back to my card and explained the EIP for the s7 edge. I payed no down payment whatsoever (unlike last time) and he explained my bill will show the amount of the phone but that will disappear in a few days. And it already has it says "-" now. He gave me the s7 edge and put my 256 GB sd card in and sim and I was set.

I like the silver a lot more than I thought I would. The gold is just horrible but the silver is nice. Wasn't able to get a case or screen protector. Zagg was crap for N7 always peeling off on the side and case was just as bad. But no luck at best buy or other stores finding decent cases or even official s7 edge flip view cover cases. Still working on that.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This REALLY hacks me off. I had paid 14 months on my Note 5 before jumping to the Note 7. I don't want another phone and will probably end up having to start paying all over on a Note 5. RIDICULOUS to say the least.
That's exactly why I leaving the Note 5 as a last resort, paid almost a year on it plus taxes....financial suicide to get another one and to go backwards? Nope getting a different phone. I tried to argue with TMobile about starting payments where I left off....they said NO! They wanted me to call Samsung. I didn't push it since I'm gonna hold out for the LG V20.

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Returned the note 7 today and ordered the s7 edge They charged me the 20$ assisted fee and 7$ shipping....
Logged in to my account and now it says BALANCE DUE -$925.43. I asked about the $100 credit and they told me I have to call CS for that. They didn't take my accessories because I didn't buy them from T-Mobile.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Returned the note 7 today and ordered the s7 edge They charged me the 20$ assisted fee and 7$ shipping....
Logged in to my account and now it says BALANCE DUE -$925.43. I asked about the $100 credit and they told me I have to call CS for that. They didn't take my accessories because I didn't buy them from T-Mobile.

I had a bad experience at the store this morning! Made us pay down payment and taxes for an edge! They wouldn't take my led case without proof of purchase, even though it was purchased online! When I exchanged the first note, we didn't have to pay a dime! I expected to get money back today, as far as the down payment goes. Supposedly, the edge now needs a down payment, smh.

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
T-mobile stores at least by me are so terrible the wait is astronomical, the store reps are flat out mean and pretty useless overall. Any questions I have are answered with you should call customer care. Having returned this phone to the same store twice now I'm glad to be done with this phone if only to never have to set foot in a store again. First time I've ever had superior service through Customer support as opposed to in person.

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Everything is supposed to be documented in your account. I didn't bring a receipt for my refund, but that was the first question they asked me angrily; "where's your receipt?"

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
There are 3 retail stores within 7 miles of my home. Stopped by all 3 this morning and all were out of the S7 Edge.

"I don't want an iPhone."

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I called the tmobile sales line this time because all the stores near me ran out of the S7edge. The rep offered me a discount of $125 off of a S7edge! I got jump so my monthly will only be $26.06, instead of the $30 plus originally. On top of that, I get a bill credit of $100 from samsung if I replace my note 7 w/ another samsung! I had to add another line to get the first $125 discount and rep says I just have to cancel the newly added line and transfer the S7edge to my current line. I made sure she put notes in my account so they won't screw my billing AGAIN. The S7edge lease came to a total of $509 - $100 = $409! Plus I can upgrade 3 times a year. This is a sweet deal! I can't complain! I don't want to go to a store and do the exchange process again... I will just have to return my note 7 and completely forget this nightmare ever happened. Lol!

You have JUMP or JUMP ON DEMAND?

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So my original Note 7 order got marked as returned somehow... and my EIP never even started because of this. I was able to exchange my N7 when the 1st recall happened, I tried to tell Tmo that it wasn't setup right in my billing but they didn't care. But now had to turn in a "free phone..." Of course this would happen! :)

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So my original Note 7 order got marked as returned somehow... and my EIP never even started because of this. I was able to exchange my N7 when the 1st recall happened, I tried to tell Tmo that it wasn't setup right in my billing but they didn't care. But now had to turn in a "free phone..." Of course this would happen! :)

Exact same thing here

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Exact same thing here
This also happened to my sister-in-law she spoke with T-Mobile and basically they said you should turn it in but you don't have to and enjoy the free phone!

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Basically the same thing with me today while pre-ordering the V20. Had to explain multiple times that the returned Note 7 was the original Note 7 and that I still have the replacement Note 7. Also had to keep explaining how T-Mo accidentally sent me two S7E loaners that I already returned. Eventually the last rep I spoke with seemed to get what I was saying and got my V20 order set up. Of course we shall see what happens with my next bill...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty