Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sparin full-coverage tempered glass (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5349053) installed with a Ringke Air case (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5349053) and they work beautifully together. No lifting - plus it's virtually impossible to install it wrong!

edit: I just read the reviews on Amazon, and frankly they baffle me. It fit perfectly, touch is great, it sticks fine and the pen works as expected. Obviously I've only had it installed for less than a day, but, so far, so good. I couldn't be happier.

edit 2: here's a closeup of the side showing the gap between the Sparin curved glass and the Ringke case. The top is flush, but doesn't push the glass.
View attachment 236255
Maybe you should leave a Positive review on there.

I'm going to take your word for it and either get the Rinke or Spigen, however, there are too many Spigen's to choose from lol, and the Sparin TG.

I just got to buy the phone first.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you should leave a Positive review on there.

I'm going to take your word for it and either get the Rinke or Spigen, however, there are too many Spigen's to choose from lol, and the Sparin TG.

I just got to buy the phone first.

I may have spoke too soon. All of a sudden, I couldn't swipe down to get the setup options. It turns out, it was because the case was pushing ever-so-slightly on the top of the tempered-glass. I removed the case, and it's fine now.

I'm going to try to use a razor to trip the case - it won't take much trimming, but for now, there is a minor issue, at least with the case.

Edit: I see what happened. The tempered-glass slid up a very small amount, but enough to hit the case. When I took the case off, I saw the glass wasn't perfectly centered (top to bottom) - it was a little high, so I gently pushed it down from the top. It's lined up again, but there are a few hairline cracks in the glass near the top now.

As others on Amazon indicated, the Sparin glass lacks enough adhesive and can move around a bit. Not sure it's the best alternative. I may just use plastic for now.

atuarre

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Let me know if after 12 hours it stops peeling. I might go back to Best Buy monday and have them put another one on, but i'll let it sit for 24 hours and see if that helps. Idk what else to do but the peeling is annoying.

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for not searching but has anyone put a non curved tempered glass cover on? Does it look dumb that the edges are not covered? I got non temp glass screen protector just to get me by as I didn't really see any good ones on amazon as of yet but the curved non-glass one sucked.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I installed the flat Xtreme Guard Spartan tempered glass a couple of hours ago.
IMG_3851.jpg

Pros:
Case Friendly
Offers some protection to the front of the screen.

Cons:
Very narrow coverage area.
Does not feel as slick as the screen or my previous tempered glass protector on my old phone. (Harder to do things that require you to drag your finger around. E.g. 'swipe to text'. This may work itself out with use.)
My install haloed pretty badly. (My last tempered glass install, albeit I used a different brand on my Note 4, did not halo. Not sure if this is the fault of this screen protector or not. But worth mentioning.)

I was too nervous to continue going without anything on the screen, and it's more or less what I expected, so I can live with it for right this moment until I can find a viable alternative.

joshnet22

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I purchased a curved tempered protector from verizon and it is PERFECT. covers edges, looks great, works well with pen. Definitely the best option right now. Downside: $24 with 25% off

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Sparin curved and colored glass. Mated with Spigen Tough Armor case..

Works well for me. But, what works for me, might be a disaster for someone else.. ;)

spar00.jpg

spar08.jpg

spar220.jpg

spar47.jpg

spar53.jpg

Big Red OG

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Zagg is making glass for the Note 7. I am sure it will work fine even with a case.

Thought the same thing until Zagg finally came out with a gs7 edge tempered glass. If you like space between your screen and glass go for it. Haven't seen one decent screen protector yet for the note 7. If anyone on here finds one please share. Zaggs HD screen is to big. Speck case will touch it....😜

Andrew Port

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a curved tempered protector from verizon and it is PERFECT. covers edges, looks great, works well with pen. Definitely the best option right now. Downside: $24 with 25% off

Can you confirm this after 12/24 hours? No peeling, full adherence to the screen? Could you possibly provide a photo?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

IMO, the CURVED temp glass is the way to go. The curved glass takes away all the placement problems. Also, IMO, the CASE has a big part on how the glass fits. With case A glass fits perfect. With case B, the fit is horrible. IMO, that is why we are hearing so many different outcomes with temp glass on the Note 7.

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the Zagg HD InvisibleShield on, installed perfectly by a young kid at BestBuy. It's perfect. However, I let it dry and attempted to put it into a Tech 21 Evo Frame--a DISASTER! the case kept wrinkling up the bottom side of the Zagg InvisibleShield! It's being returned to BB20160821_140550.jpg

Danielle Wilson2

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey all!

Hope This helps anyone looking for a Samsung official screen protector. I will link the YouTube video below so you can actually see the installation of this screen protector it protects all the way to the edges. It also has no touch or S pen problems at all. I bought mine after I had 3 failed attempts with other companies who sold bogus glass attempered curved protective whatever you wanna call them. Lol. Anyways hope this helps people who are looking or are in need thingy is awesome and the ship all over! Good luck!

https://youtu.be/hzukRhK8M6Y

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non