No more action memo?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Evidently, with each phone update (at least on AT&T), this tedious setup has to be done all over again. I had everything working perfectly with Action Memos on my Note 7 this past weekend thanks to the info provided in the XDA Guide. This morning, AT&T pushed an update and now I get "Action memo not supported in S Note," blah blah blah. This is a bummer. I have tweeted Samsung like 5 or 6 times about this and maybe if they hear from enough of us...
Keep us updated on Samsung's reply if you erect get one

EVER not erect

Edit: I swear, this Samsung keyboard autocorrect is getting on my nerves. How can it be so bad?

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to stop auto updates in galaxy apps because one just got pushed through to me and it wiped out action notes for me. I'm really getting annoyed about this. Obviously they still work, though from the looks/sound of it a bit limited compared to what they were...but I'd be o.k. with just contact, email, phone integration (calendar would be fabulous). Heck, if they take away action memos it really IS just an edge w a pen.

ETA: Someone came to my rescue...open Galaxy Apps and turn off auto updates there. Still, this is ridiculous to have to do this.

Last edited:

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to stop auto updates in galaxy apps because one just got pushed through to me and it wiped out action notes for me. I'm really getting annoyed about this. Obviously they still work, though from the looks/sound of it a bit limited compared to what they were...but I'd be o.k. with just contact, email, phone integration (calendar would be fabulous). Heck, if they take away action memos it really IS just an edge w a pen.

ETA: Someone came to my rescue...open Galaxy Apps and turn off auto updates there. Still, this is ridiculous to have to do this.

THANK GOD I swear I've been googling samsung notes and s notes and action memos and I thought I was going crazy, pinning these samsung notes to the screen look stupid, like it's just a shortcut to the note! But, no one is saying anything (Then I thought I was crazy, maybe I didn't have something set up right?)

But I thought the same- I just have a big Edge with an s pen (still keeping it though, but using my Note 5)

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been playing with the s note widget, and i think i can see what they were trying to do by putting it all together.

If you use the big widget for s note, you kind of have them on your screen. Its not as good, but you can still see them easy enough.

Again, i was a big action memo user and i don't like that it's gone, hopefully someone will realize we need it back!!!

me too me too me too! I wanted to see my notes on the screen, not have a big ugly shortcut.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what was changed in today's Samsung Notes update today. I loathe to allow it for fear of what else it's going to remove!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not running the update until they tell us what's in it. Why no "what's new" listing? I'm afraid they will disable S Notes. Considering how S Notes is now no longer compatible with the Note 7.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten 3 replies to reviews I have left. If they are to be believed then they have heard us conplain and are looking to restore missing features.

Here is an email reply I got a few minutes ago...

Thank you very much for your advice.
And we feel sorry for your inconvenience.

We are trying to do best to support Action memo functionality which has been available in Note5 as soon as possible.

And S Note can be downloaded in Note 7 as well, so we hope it could be still an user's option for Note applications usages.

We are going to improve Samsung Notes application soon about some features you commented.

Thank you very much.

BRs,

Samsung Notes Dev. Team.

So there may be hope. I would be ok keeping s-note only for the photo note function, as so long as the rest is rolled back into samsung notes.

I also sent a reply back reminding him that the S-Notes he speaks of, is no longer compatible with the Note 7. I also saw that no only did the email get sent to me, it was also cc'd to several people with obviously Asian names. Maybe legit, and not just canned reply... maybe?!?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what was changed in today's Samsung Notes update today. I loathe to allow it for fear of what else it's going to remove!
I ask and the response is highlighted here. 1472073132655.jpg

Edit: I took the chance and installed the update after getting this response. Seem to be ok, I still have Link to Action functionality in S Notes.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

So far, don't see update today.
My first note, don't know about action note and how to use it, if I could find it. Lol.

I'm still trying to figure out the spen. Lol.

Last edited:

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so Ive tried anything you can find online about adding this Action memo and no luck. What we need to happen is for Samsung to natively add back the action link to Samsung Notes. I went to show someone that feature in my VZ Note 7 and I looked stupid because it wasnt there. I use that feature alot. We need to write to Samsung. I cant believe those fools thought it was a good thing to get rid of it.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so Ive tried anything you can find online about adding this Action memo and no luck. What we need to happen is for Samsung to natively add back the action link to Samsung Notes. I went to show someone that feature in my VZ Note 7 and I looked stupid because it wasnt there. I use that feature alot. We need to write to Samsung. I cant believe those fools thought it was a good thing to get rid of it.
The Play Store has the version with action memo and link to action. It's the same one on my Note 5.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This is the response to another review on Google Play bashing them for removing Action Memo. Definitely looking good for the cause. 1472175409916.jpg

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
...Well done Samsung!
That remains to be seen. Their response changed from "We're adding back Action Memo by the end of September" to today's, "Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are trying to prepare "Pop-up memo" which can replace the some useful features in the previous Action memo."

Seriously Samsung, stop reinventing the awesome wheel that was S Notes/Action Memo. And "some useful features"? Really, how stripped down is this going to be. Why aren't the idiots that caused this mess being fired???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress