What does you AT&T order status say?

brandon_powell

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So in a few hours I went from no information on any of the order tracking sites, online help, or phone help so I reached out on twitter and majicly got a tracking number. First it said it was in my city( UPS) but had no expected delivery date. Then i got a ups text saying delivery on the 22nd like may others have reported but now says out for delivery between 11a-3p! At&T orders are apparently shipped from Crazy Town. Think that suck now is I have to leave for work in 10min so it will probably show up after I leave. Oh well guess Ill be up late tonight playing with my new toy.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
The box is indeed a AT&T branded one, but it's blue & white vs. orange & white, which I like better.

I wonder is there different packaging from AT&T.. one a Samsung box that perhaps from retailers like Best Buy and another AT&T box from AT&T Stores?

Or if someone was to get it at Sams or Target would it be a Samsung box. Just a thought...

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Am I being petty thinking that for almost $900 the packaging should look more secure and attractive than that? Well worth the $60 credit ATT gave me for this.

Not petty at all. I like the premium packaging. As many of us I buy many phones so the whole presentation is important.

In the end it really doesn't matter as long as the phone is sweet and I assume it will be. I have owned every note and have yet to be disappointed.

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not petty at all. I like the premium packaging. As many of us I buy many phones so the whole presentation is important.

In the end it really doesn't matter as long as the phone is sweet and I assume it will be. I have owned every note and have yet to be disappointed.

This is my first Note since the Note 3 (S3, S6, S6 Edge, Nexus 5X - current daily driver- and even the Nokia Lumia 920) I have every box for them still. Maybe I'll put together some sort of flashback "then vs now" type unboxing and comparison video.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Am I being petty thinking that for almost $900 the packaging should look more secure and attractive than that? Well worth the $60 credit ATT gave me for this.

Definitely not petty. The major factor is AT&T is charging their customers more for this packaging... it's not right at all.

It would be one thing they charge 850 like most of the carriers are doing, but AT&T is charging 30 bucks extra while using their cheap boxes... it's uncalled for.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Was just credited $60 by complaining to ATT that we paid more as ATT customers than any other carrier and that we aren't getting the same packaging materials that Samsung provided (and instead getting the crappy orange and white ATT branded box). I reminded them of the problems isolated to ATT when they used their own packaging for the S6s last year and the phones were turning on by themselves during shipments. That's what happens when you don't use OEM packaging made for that specific device. BOOM- a win for the little guys...

Great job. I am annoyed by the people who say they don't care what box it is as long as the phone is in it with the accessories. I do care, a lot. I know it's a stupid little first world problem and all of that, but there is NO reason to not put it in those nice Samsung boxes. If I ever went to re-sell this, I have to put it in those hideous, stupid AT&T boxes instead of a classy black Samsung box. But that's not it, I appreciate good packaging and presentation and we pay more and don't get it. That's crap.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So a quick question for those who preordered later. I preordered today and was guaranteed it would be here tomorrow by the rep. My shipping dates range between the 25th and 1st which I assume is more of a CYA thing than the actual dates it will ship. Has anyone else ordered later with those dates for the shipping window but gotten a tracking number anyway? Just hoping to see if I might expect it tomorrow or in a few days instead.

ShiftTab

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Via chat :) I was transferred to like 5 different chat reps before someone was able to pull the trigger on it.

Wow! Great determination! Did you ask for $60 credit or was that credit amount suggested by a rep? I'm thinking about doing the same today especially considering my phone won't be arrive until Monday.

Yutz23

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
It just left Texas via ups ground. I'm going to head to the att store tonight and see what's up. Might just have to get the phone monday and return the phone that's not supposed to get here til next week. Some bill credit would be nice too.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So a quick question for those who preordered later. I preordered today and was guaranteed it would be here tomorrow by the rep. My shipping dates range between the 25th and 1st which I assume is more of a CYA thing than the actual dates it will ship. Has anyone else ordered later with those dates for the shipping window but gotten a tracking number anyway? Just hoping to see if I might expect it tomorrow or in a few days instead.

I ordered on the 16th and my dates are the 23rd to the 30th. No tracking number though. I'm pretty certain it will come earlier

Ordered on the 16th and no movement. In Progress and ships 23rd - 30th. The crappy thing is that it said delivers by the 19th when I ordered. If the status doesn't change by the end of the day today, I will cancel and just take an early lunch tomorrow and get one at the AT&T store.

BugCollector

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered on the 3rd and it was waiting for me when I got home today. FedEx did not require a signature. On a day with heavy rain forecast, they dropped the naked box over the gate with no wrapping. Luckily it was nice and dry.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
That is my plan as well.

I was going to buy from Best Buy, to get the Reward Zone points, but I would rather have the Memory Card than the Gear Fit 2, I'm buying full retail, and Best Buy.com is the only place you can pre-order for full-retail but the only freebie you can get is the watch.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This was my AT&T Note 5 Box - didn't mind it then - won't mind it now! No big deal - it'll be in an AT&T Bag for 2+ years anyway...

Note5-1.jpg

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, mine is suppose to arrive today by 3 pm. It's 2:20pm! I know the 3 pm is an estimated time by FedEx but still. I want my phoneeeeeee!!

Posted via the Android Central App