Iris scanner or finger print. Which do you use?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Iris scanner

Huh, failed every time for me. Blamed dirty glass right out of the box so I disabled it as a typical Samsung gimmick.
Definitely not a gimmick. I expected it to be but it is every bit as quick as the Fingerprint reader. I'm very impressed.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I just set mine up a few minutes ago and it is amazingly quick and accurate. I totally was not expecting to use it, hence why I waited a day to set it up, but it's amazing.
Haha. Me too. I figured I'd just try it out, but fell in love with it
Huh, failed every time for me. Blamed dirty glass right out of the box so I disabled it as a typical Samsung gimmick.
Definitely not a gimmick
A lot of times it unlocks my phone before I even see the iris screen pop up. Really fast.
Haha. Yep

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I set mine up with my contacts in, and it has worked almost every time whether i have my contacts in or not.

Its still not as fast to unlock as fingerprints because there is the extra swipe step, but it reads my eyes super fast!

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Nice feature!! Samsung reps asked me to show it to them on my phone in Best Buy today and they were impressed!!...lol

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Works quick for me too. Any way to it some you dont have to swipe first use it? Like just have it look for scan as soon as you wake it? It's easier to just leave my finger on the home button to unlock than to press home/power then swipe for iris detection.

Posted via the Android Central App

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

I have found it a bit hit and mIss. When it works it is super fast, but sometimes it just doesn't want to work. As far as speed comparison to fingerprint scanner goes, I find it comparable when using AOD, as you have to push the home or power button first anyway.

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

I am a little confused as to why the phone insists on asking for my pin code after a reboot and will not unlock with biometrics. Does anyone know why it does that?

Herwick

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Fingerprint.

The iris scanner is cool and works great during the day or in good lighting, but not so well in the dim/dark. It still works but takes a bit and I have to really open my eyes.

I might use it come glove weather and actually take some time with it. But for now fingerprint is the way to go for me.

Christian Campbell

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have both setup on mine and use them both interchangeably. It is amazing how quick I can unlock my phone using my eyes, considering this is generation 1 of the iris scanner. I hope they can figure out a way, to one day, scan an iris through sunglasses.

Christian Campbell

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I am a little confused as to why the phone insists on asking for my pin code after a reboot and will not unlock with biometrics. Does anyone know why it does that?

Inputting your pin after a reboot is by design. It is a "security feature" that is built into most phones, not just with the Note 7. I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
This is great. It scans my eyes with contacts THROUGH my Ray Ban shades.
Wow that's impressive. I have both set up and use both about equally. Came in very handy when I was washing dishes. And one only seen it struggle outdoors in sunlight. At night or a pitch black room never had an issue. Im often times already positioning my phone correctly naturally for it to unlock with the iris scanner. I seemingly goes straight from a swipe to unlocked at times completely bypassing the iris scanning screen cause it's so quick

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Fingerprint works great. Iris scanner works almost as well. But I have my Gear Fit 2 as a trusted device, so it is always unlocked when I'm around. I'm just using the Iris scanner for the secure folder, but I don't really have anything to put in there. Maybe some passwords for work eventually I guess.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Note 7 yesterday and set up the iris scanner. Works beautifully. So far, I'm liking it,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty