09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I think that Exynos is better (power efficient) when it comes to battery life & day-to-day performance. Gaming experience would be slightly better on Snapdragon (since it is paired with Adreno GPU).
    But people using Note 7 with Snapdragon are also getting around average of 5 hours of SOT easily. Is the signal strength strong in your area ? Maybe compare it with a friend in another area (check dBm value of signal strength in Settings->About phone). Other factors like screen brightness, no. of sync actions (for e.g., Facebook sends a lot of notifications all the time during the day, if you have kept the settings on), GPS signal, etc.
    Change Location mode to Power Saving & switch on GPS only when required / requested by an app.

P.S.: 1) Mere numbers about the estimate / battery usage of device don't mean much all the time; what matters is
    the real-world usage.
    2) Calibrate the battery of your phone by one charge-discharge cycle (Google it for more info) & give few days
    for battery life to settle down (consistent).
    See the one area that bothers me the most is Facebook. Within the app I have notifications set to OFF. Then on the Note 7 I have it set to off for Facebook and it doesn't sync either.

Yet every single few minutes I get those notification icons next to the App icon vs in the notification area up top. So if I don't have it set to notify me or sync or anything WHY DOES THE ICON APPEAR?!?!

Then when I look in battery it says it's draining .05-.09%. Why would it use ANY battery if I'm not allowing it to do that?

On my iPhone that was never the case. I don't understand it.

Yeah i tried everything. Cleared the cache and rebooted. Etc. Doesn't make sense.
    08-29-2016 07:23 AM
    That's pretty good actually seems you were having a good 7 hours of almost constant activity.. bet you couldn't put her down lol

Buuut I think this may be the best sot and on bat stats ever for any smartphone with a snapdragon chip, def for me they are..people these are not doctored!

Attachment 237623
    Attachment 237624
    I get better on my S7 Active but here's a screen shot of my Note 7.
    08-29-2016 07:39 AM
    that is great SOT....are you using any of the power mgt profiles?
    08-29-2016 07:47 AM
    Verizon with air wakeup on,but aod off
    The Note 7 Battery life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1472475598098.jpg
    08-29-2016 08:00 AM
    See the one area that bothers me the most is Facebook. Within the app I have notifications set to OFF. Then on the Note 7 I have it set to off for Facebook and it doesn't sync either.

Yet every single few minutes I get those notification icons next to the App icon vs in the notification area up top. So if I don't have it set to notify me or sync or anything WHY DOES THE ICON APPEAR?!?!

Then when I look in battery it says it's draining .05-.09%. Why would it use ANY battery if I'm not allowing it to do that?

Yeah i tried everything. Cleared the cache and rebooted. Etc. Doesn't make sense.
    Get rid of the Facebook app and just use the web mobile page.
    08-29-2016 08:46 AM
    Get rid of the Facebook app and just use the web mobile page.
    That's all well and good but doesn't explain why it does this. Does this happen to everyone? Anyone else have this issue?
    08-29-2016 10:19 AM
    This is where I'm at so far.
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1616.jpg  
    08-29-2016 11:12 AM
    Here
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1617.jpg  
    08-29-2016 11:13 AM

This is my first day on my note 7. I've noticed that with my s7 edge, the battery took a couple of weeks to settle in a reach its maximum capacity. I expect the same here and every day to get better. FYI the sot is not really reflective of my usage here. What it doesn't say is that I also had a VPN on for a long part of the day. I used the Google maps navigation for a 1h10 journey (screen off, just the navigation in my headphones), and I also listened to an audio book for more than two hours.
    So yeah, it may be a little less than on my s7 edge, but it's still good enough and much better compared to what my iPhone used to be.
    Also, if you considered fast charging no one really needs more. When I got home to shower around diner time I charged the phone, and by the time I finished getting dressed by battery was back at 51% which was more than enough to finish the day, especially if you consider that at night the luminosity was lower.
    08-29-2016 12:27 PM
    Wow....great results. Did you do anything special? Remove bloatware? Turn down screen? Turn off any scanning...etc?
    08-29-2016 12:35 PM
    Nope special. Following an advice from this thread though, I just turned of the searching device nearby feature and deactivated the knox package. Let's see if this improves my battery life ...

But overall, I think we all need to stop having such a paranoia about our batteries. They got much better than what they used to be and there is no need to be scared anymore. If you drive a lot and use the gps all day long buy a car plug. And remember that with fast charging there are little situations where you will really be left with no batt.
    08-29-2016 03:08 PM
    Nope special. Following an advice from this thread though, I just turned of the searching device nearby feature and deactivated the knox package. Let's see if this improves my battery life ...

But overall, I think we all need to stop having such a paranoia about our batteries. They got much better than what they used to be and there is no need to be scared anymore. If you drive a lot and use the gps all day long buy a car plug. And remember that with fast charging there are little situations where you will really be left with no batt.
    That's kind of my deal as well. I read and keep up with battery threads for helpful solutions to extend battery life. But I'm not expecting 12 hr sot or anything. I have a 10,000 QC battery pack for days I know I'll have extra heavy usage. I also have a smaller more pocketable battery pack for days that I might need it, but might not. I've yet to need to use either so far for my Note 7.
    08-29-2016 03:42 PM

I'm not sure, but this amount is so low that it really doesn't matter. At .05% per hour, it would take 20 hours for FB to lower your battery by just 1%. I really don't think it's worrying about, but that is just me :-)
    08-29-2016 03:43 PM
    That's kind of my deal as well. I read and keep up with battery threads for helpful solutions to extend battery life. But I'm not expecting 12 hr sot or anything. I have a 10,000 QC battery pack for days I know I'll have extra heavy usage. I also have a smaller more pocketable battery pack for days that I might need it, but might not. I've yet to need to use either so far for my Note 7.
    To be honest I used to have battery back around with me but I never ensed up using them. Neither on my s7e nor on my N7. The quick charge is fast that you plug it 15 minutes and you're ready to bounce again. 30 mins before diner time will set you for a long evening without any issues.

I don't know if this will have an impact on the results I'm showing you here, but i forgot to mention that my note 7 is the dual sim version. This means I'm using two sim cards looking for signal on different carrier at the same time and at all time. I don't know if it matters either. But one of those two sim card is always roaming.
    08-29-2016 04:58 PM
    To be honest I used to have battery back around with me but I never ensed up using them. Neither on my s7e nor on my N7. The quick charge is fast that you plug it 15 minutes and you're ready to bounce again. 30 mins before diner time will set you for a long evening without any issues.

I don't know if this will have an impact on the results I'm showing you here, but i forgot to mention that my note 7 is the dual sim version. This means I'm using two sim cards looking for signal on different carrier at the same time and at all time. I don't know if it matters either. But one of those two sim card is always roaming.
    I don't carry mine with me on a regular basis. If I'm going somewhere that I'll be taking lots of pics or video or going straight out for the night from work I'll take one. I also bring them with me when I travel because I never know how long I'll be away from the hotel. My smaller pack is just more pocketable than a wall plug.
    08-29-2016 05:02 PM

This is what my day is looking like so far. From 8 am to 8pm with heavy usuage, no problem. I mean its not like I'm going camping everyday, there aren't any days in my life where I spend more than 12 hours without having access to my charger for at least 30 minutes, weather it's at home, Starbucks, work, in my car, etc... And if one day I rally had an emergency I could switch on the low power saving mode and grab hours more of battery life.

Honesty the n7 battery + fast charging is more than enough to get through my days easily. And I know my battery will keep getting better and better as my phone gets to know me a little more.
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-29-2016 05:04 PM
    I'm becoming frustrated with my battery issues.

Yesterday I noticed that my n7 has been charging at a snail's pace, from 10% to 11% after an hour of being plugged into my car charger. At first, I figured my car charger may be crapping out, but I connected the phone to the Samsung OEM fast charger last night before bed and I woke up with only a 39% charge.
    The phone is just over a week old. Should I reset or exchange ?
    A week old, I would exchange. Do double check in your battery app and make sure fast charging didn't accidentally get turned off.
    08-29-2016 05:04 PM
    Don't get this. My Android system is high. Using 25-30% overall. Now maybe not a big deal.

However I did disable Knox and Knox update agent with Package Disabler Pro. But these two still show up at bottom of Android System when I select it.

What gives ?
    I think there are portions of Knox that can't be disabled, but I'm not 100% on that.

Also the Android system is running high on the S7 and Note 7, it doesn't seem to be affecting battery though, so not much of a concern. When my Note 8 comes in that is one thing on my list to talk to Samsung about and see if I can get an answer.
    08-29-2016 05:07 PM
    I don't carry mine with me on a regular basis. If I'm going somewhere that I'll be taking lots of pics or video or going straight out for the night from work I'll take one. I also bring them with me when I travel because I never know how long I'll be away from the hotel. My smaller pack is just more pocketable than a wall plug.
    Which brand is your 10kmah fast charging pack? I'm looking for a good one too for traveling...
    08-29-2016 05:11 PM
    Which brand is your 10kmah fast charging pack? I'm looking for a good one too for traveling...
    This is the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/10400mAh-Port...cUvbUpU5376765

I haven't had to use it with my Note yet, but used it without problems with other Android phones that have QC. I need to get a short USB-C cable for it so I don't have to carry around a long one. I might just try using the supplied micro usb that came in the box and attaching the adapter Samsung included in my Note box to see how well it works on my off day tomorrow.
    08-29-2016 05:17 PM
    I get outstanding battery life with my Note 7
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-2976.jpg  
    08-29-2016 05:31 PM
    How is this possible!!! What is your secret ? Tell us the truth. This is impossible, unless you're using the ultra power saving mode all the time, and you only use use your phone for calls. Please explain to us how you're pulling this off......
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-29-2016 06:21 PM
    Ok, just got back from the gym with 6% battery. Pretty good day! Sure I only got 3h30 sot and it's not great but keep in mind I was on 4g all day with all my location services on. I also had some heavy on screen usage like watching TV and some heavy usage with my screen off such as VPN, hours on the phone, listening to music, using Google maps voice directions, and a 30 minutes workout tracking my run.... Now it's time to shower before diner. Will plug it to my fast charger plug and km sure I'll be back to 50% very quickly....

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472513444185.jpgThe Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472513451795.jpg
    08-29-2016 06:30 PM
    I get outstanding battery life with my Note 7
    Got a full screen shot of this?

What is under the graph being used.
    08-29-2016 06:31 PM
    Ok, just got back from the gym with 6% battery. Pretty good day! Sure I only got 3h30 sot and it's not great but keep in mind I was on 4g all day with all my location services on. I also had some heavy on screen usage like watching TV and some heavy usage with my screen off such as VPN, hours on the phone, listening to music, using Google maps voice directions, and a 30 minutes workout tracking my run.... Now it's time to shower before diner. Will plug it to my fast charger plug and km sure I'll be back to 50% very quickly....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1472513444185.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	237718Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1472513451795.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	237719
    From 5% to 37% in 21 minutes. Ready to go again.... The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472514972970.jpg
    08-29-2016 06:56 PM
601 ... 1213141516 ...