Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

treyeumph

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Like I said the fix that worked for me.
In fact, I just did a speed test. Opened 13 apps under small and large scaling. Not only was small smoother, but on the 3 tests I did, under small scaling, it finished 7-10 seconds faster than the large setting.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Like I said the fix that worked for me.
In fact, I just did a speed test. Opened 13 apps under small and large scaling. Not only was small smoother, but on the 3 tests I did, under small scaling, it finished 7-10 seconds faster than the large setting.

Still don't understand what opening a app under a scaling is.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't having to go in and disable apps out of the box in order to get performance up to snuff bother anyone else but me? Did the mfg/carrier not test the N7 loaded with mfg/carrier bloat before selling it to the public? Wouldn't they have seen the lag/stuttering and fixed it before selling it? That just doesn't sound right to me.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
May be going to lg v20 if it has 6 GB ram...the Note 7 does need more ram...I'm on tmobile and mine has started to lag...thank goodness for the recall

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my Oneplus 3 today since reading about the recall situation. I forgot how nice this phones operates. Having 6GB of ram and almost stock Android has to be helping. It's also updated about three time since I bought it.

treyeumph

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Disable Samsung apps like s voice, healthh, briefing then go to settings, display, and make scaling option to Small. My note 7 went from one of the laggiest phones to iPhone smoothness

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Disable Samsung apps like s voice, healthh, briefing then go to settings, display, and make scaling option to Small. My note 7 went from one of the laggiest phones to iPhone smoothness

I did all that on day 1. Still laggy. Not even in the same realm of an iphones smoothness.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Any bets it needs to see better tuning from compiler level on up?

It often takes a couple OS updates. A lot was promised, like 40% in GPU. On day one? Unlikely.

"Qualcomm Kryo, our first custom-designed 64-bit quad-core CPU, as part of a comprehensive redesign of our premium-tier mobile processor. (820)

Kryo is tightly integrated with the Adreno 530 GPU and Hexagon 680 DSP and is designed for high-performance mobile computing along with the latest in multimedia and connectivity. "

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapd...o-cpu-heterogeneous-computing-and-role-custom

Fetid

Banned
Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
The most notable lag I get is when I use a dash-cam app to record video in the background while running Google maps and Bluetooth music streaming. Everything runs ok, but the resulting video has constant lag. I've tried different dash-cam apps with the same result. My Note 4 and even my old Note 2 could handle this without issue, so the Note 7 should be no problem. I disabled a bunch of apps I don't use and the lag in the video is much less but still there.

Anyone else use their Note as a dash-cam and Sat Nav device?

treyeumph

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what to tell ya, there could be other differences but this def changed my phone. I hated it at first, now it's the best performing Android I've had. I've also hibernated many apps.

treyeumph

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I did all that on day 1. Still laggy. Not even in the same realm of an iphones smoothness.

Do yourself a favor and go compare the browser between the two. Go to CNET website. iPhone browsers are much more twitchy and load slower. I did a comparison at best buy side by side. iPhones do lag also btw

lsramair

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my 7th Samsung phone, love them... they've always had a little lag here and there, but my Note 7 at times is BAD!

I set it up from scratch, no restores or switches. I have dev options set to 0.5x. Nova prime very lean.

I was driving home, using GPS and streaming Bluetooth from GMusic, and if i pushed HOME or tried to switch to messaging or anything... i could count to 5 almost while i watched screens trying to load and freeze and switch... it was like WTFFF is going on here!?

I just rolled out 15 of these at work to attorneys as well, so I'm hoping for the best.

treyeumph

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm on my 7th Samsung phone, love them... they've always had a little lag here and there, but my Note 7 at times is BAD!

I set it up from scratch, no restores or switches. I have dev options set to 0.5x. Nova prime very lean.

I was driving home, using GPS and streaming Bluetooth from GMusic, and if i pushed HOME or tried to switch to messaging or anything... i could count to 5 almost while i watched screens trying to load and freeze and switch... it was like WTFFF is going on here!?

I just rolled out 15 of these at work to attorneys as well, so I'm hoping for the best.

Is s-voice disabled? That's what slows down pushing the home button. Is your content scaling set to Small? Setting to large lags the phone

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: This lag is unfreakingbelievable

On sprint btw
I have a Sprint Note 7 and immediately after getting it, I uninstalled/disabled all the Sprint apps. That stuff eats up valuable processor and RAM resources. Clean up your new phone and it makes a difference.

WayneTrain02

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
My note 7 has been really laggy too. Like i was using my OP3 and its crazy how smooth it is compared to the note. but im doing a FDR now and hopefully it gets better. i will check some apps too. I dont wanna take the phone back because i love the phone but the lag is so annoying. especially for 900 bucks

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I really love the note7 but since I turned it in and got a s7edge it is noticeably faster. The lag was real. Hopefully the second batch is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty