Screen Cast Without Wifi?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I suspect VZW is behind it. They don't like us using lte to watch Netflix on tv. Like on my Note 3 vzw limits Netflix to 720p even though phone capable of 1080p. I complained to Netflix and they said VZW asked them to limit it. This means I can connect with mhl through Note 3 hdmi but only get 720p which sucks on big screen. V20 uses slimport connection to hdmi but Netflix and hdmi connection itself. drop off after a short time. I suspect vzw again.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I suspect VZW is behind it. They don't like us using lte to watch Netflix on tv. Like on my Note 3 vzw limits Netflix to 720p even though phone capable of 1080p. I complained to Netflix and they said VZW asked them to limit it. This means I can connect with mhl through Note 3 hdmi but only get 720p which sucks on big screen. V20 uses slimport connection to hdmi but Netflix and hdmi connection itself. drop off after a short time. I suspect vzw again.

2 things...
1) Isn't throttling (limiting the bandwidth) not allowed unless it's disclosed...this sounds EXTREMELY sneaky to me...at least T Mobile is upfront about it. I'd be irate about this but I use it so infrequently, and when I have used it on a 55" t.v. I've been fine with the quality... and

2) I think you should call Netflix and report what you are experiencing. I am very convinced what I'm experiencing with the ScreenBeam is in fact an issue that Netflix introduced in their own app...hopefully inadvertently (i.e. a bug). I realize your issue is different than mine, but Netflix told me the more feedback they get the better they are able to respond. If no one calls they won't look into it. I was pleasantly surprised with my call...found the number on the Netflix help site and was patched through in less than a minute of hold time. Super pleasant woman and I really felt my complaint was heard. Hopefully now it gets fixed.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When you get an app that works I would be reluctant to "update" unless the app offers something new and reviews are 5 star.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
When you get an app that works I would be reluctant to "update" unless the app offers something new and reviews are 5 star.

Except I don't know how to get the Play Store to "ignore" updating one app. So when I get prompted to update apps I often have 7+ asking to be updated. It's a pain to individually go into each one in the store and then update it. I far prefer updating all...then if I run into a problem I can always find the older .apk online and roll back. I don't want to do that for the rest of my Android days. :D

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I rarely update ANY so I shut off auto update. Many updates are very undesirable and ad more adware or popups. Some don't work at all. I only update an app if it is having problems and READ REVIEWS FIRST. I have seen updates offer all sorts of great new features only to read horror stories in the reviews. When the app updates a. couple. more times which might take months you may finally read good reviews again. Then update. My theory is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

K8evatis

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I have a chromecast set up with 2 phones and hotspot. I ran out of hotspot and would like to buy anything that's let me mirror or cast with no Wi-Fi. How do I do this I'm also using a LG g5 now and on sprint unlimited.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a chromecast set up with 2 phones and hotspot. I ran out of hotspot and would like to buy anything that's let me mirror or cast with no Wi-Fi. How do I do this I'm also using a LG g5 now and on sprint unlimited.
Microsoft makes a dongle that works without wifi. The great thing is you can try it yourself in a local Microsoft store to make sure it works. It works on my V20.

Sangita Gujar

Jul 20, 2019
Visit site
I can screen cast OnePlus 7 with my Samsung smart TV without WiFi connection . You just have to keep WiFi on in your phone (it's fine even if is not connected to any network) and then go to setting and cast . Done😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress