AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anzorian

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I called the corp store where I exchanged my N7 for an Active, they didnt seem to know anout the 21st, said no order confirmation yet.

I just came back from my AT&T Corp store here in Coral Gables and they didn't know a thing. They believe they heard it might be here this week. I asked her to go check and she didn't know how. She told me to call the 611 number for AT&T.

akordboy

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I just came back from my AT&T Corp store here in Coral Gables and they didn't know a thing. They believe they heard it might be here this week. I asked her to go check and she didn't know how. She told me to call the 611 number for AT&T.

Those idiots in the corporate store don't know jack. The girl I talked to Thursday told me if I bring my N7 in, whatever I exchanged it for I'd have to keep and wouldn't be able to get a "safe" N7. Then the ***** I chatted with online said if I don't exchange now for a loaner, I wouldn't be able to exchange my current N7 for a "safe" one. Needless to say, I was ready to punch somebody.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
In all fairness if the supply is less, then the replacement folks should get first dibs. We are sitting patiently with a 900 dollar fire phone that needs replacement following which general sales should begin. Just my opinion...

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Stores here are clueless too so I will begin calling them tomorrow until I get a response. I'd hate to miss out and wait even longer . Lessons learned never pre-ordering ever again.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Just swapped out 2 note 7's yesterday for 2 s7 edge to take advantage of the vr promotion. The manager there told me they should be getting new note 7's in between 19th and 21st. He also said people who purchased before this whole fiasco happened will get theirs first. They won't sell to anyone who has not previously had one. Will call later in the afternoon tomorrow to see if they have any in. Otherwise I'll have to wait until Friday.
I'm also on AT&T.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I just stopped at the ATT Store next to my hotel. At least the crew at this store is aware of the 9/21 date. They said shipments should begin tomorrow. I plan on visiting the store every day until I get the device.

Anyone know what time shipments usually arrive at the store? Morning? Afternoon? I've played the iPhone game and know what happens when you snooze.

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I called all 3 corporate stores in Kendall ( Miami area ) and each one gave a different answer. These corporate store employees are clueless. I spoke to an Asst Manager at one and he told me to call him Monday to check. I gave him name 1st name only. Ill post on here if I get an answer tomorrow.
Samsung screwing up is one thing, but as usual AT&T has made this 10 times worse with zero credible info, but I have become used to that.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who gets there Note7 replaced. Please report back to find out whether AT&T still have their cheap packaging boxes.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That's what everyone said before, and AT&T gave tons of people heck when they didn't have the original packaging.
Let them give you HECK all they want.. the OFFICIAL AT&T website, and the CPSC and Samsung all said "In any condition" that means that the dealers cannot place any restrictions or refuse any recall return. PERIOD!!! Call and complain, take it to the government, take it to another AT&T store, take it to the call center... they MUST follow their own rules. You cannot be forced to keep a bad handset under any circumstances... that is the LAW in the US now that a recall had been officially declared by the CPSC.

It a lot simpler than 90% of us are making it. Walk in to the swap and leave....maybe some paperwork in the middle. If it doesn't go that way, walk out and start calling people to make it that way. Don't yell, don't be rude, just be clear. "I want to follow the rules, I would appreciate it if you would too". There are literally thousands of people involved handling the recall.. you are bound to get an ***** or 2 who insists on making up their own rules. Be patient, and it will be fine.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Let them give you HECK all they want.. the OFFICIAL AT&T website, and the CPSC and Samsung all said "In any condition" that means that the dealers cannot place any restrictions or refuse any recall return. PERIOD!!! Call and complain, take it to the government, take it to another AT&T store, take it to the call center... they MUST follow their own rules. You cannot be forced to keep a bad handset under any circumstances... that is the LAW in the US now that a recall had been officially declared by the CPSC.

It a lot simpler than 90% of us are making it. Walk in to the swap and leave....maybe some paperwork in the middle. If it doesn't go that way, walk out and start calling people to make it that way. Don't yell, don't be rude, just be clear. "I want to follow the rules, I would appreciate it if you would too". There are literally thousands of people involved handling the recall.. you are bound to get an ***** or 2 who insists on making up their own rules. Be patient, and it will be fine.

Agreed. I didn't receive any crap from anyone, but plenty of others did.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
How the heck could they expect me to repack the little box like it was when the phone came in it.
They will git the cord and all seperate and put it in the box themselves if they want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.