are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

After posting several times that I plan on keeping my Note 7, I'm actually beginning to have second thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Note 7 is the best phone on the market today. The iPhone 7 marketing team certainly has many people thinking otherwise though. However, I started to think about resale value when it's time to sale the Note 7. I most always sell my smartphones on eBay or Craigslist to help pay for a new phone, and now with the battery issues, I think this will greatly affect the resale value. Unless there is something that identifies the replacement Note 7 as one without the battery issue, how do you prove to a potential buyer that the phone you are selling is not a phone with a battery issue.

I don't know, but I am having second thoughts about sticking with the beautiful Note 7.
I read on the other post that the box the good ones come in will have a couple special markings. But that could just be rumor at this point.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

There is one thing Samsung can be extremely grateful for. That this Note 7 fiasco didn't happen with the Note 5. The iPhone 6 was a major change for Apple and the sales were the biggest in the iPhone history.

Luckily for Samsung, this has all happened during iPhone 7 which, as I read it, is being received with mixed reviews. And the removal of the 3.5mm headphone back is a bonus to Samsung.

If you are going to have a recall fiasco, best to have it when the main competition has a mixed review product and a little bit of controversy on their part also.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

There is one thing Samsung can be extremely grateful for. That this Note 7 fiasco didn't happen with the Note 5. The iPhone 6 was a major change for Apple and the sales were the biggest in the iPhone history.

Luckily for Samsung, this has all happened during iPhone 7 which, as I read it, is being received with mixed reviews. And the removal of the 3.5mm headphone back is a bonus to Samsung.

If you are going to have a recall fiasco, best to have it when the main competition has a mixed review product and a little bit of controversy on their part also.
Think of it another way, Note 7 is one of Samsung's best device ever, and could grab quite a bit of market share for Samsung since iPhone 7 is not that great in review as you mentioned. Isn't it a pity this happened to Note 7?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Haaalll no! Due to the media instigation and subsequent government involvement, I might buy a second one and have two out of spite :) Use second just for Gear VR. Well, when the Gment gets around to blessing the new Note 7 batches.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Now is a great time to buy stock ,this will rebound.
115bf0722391e00384992990b6c0f805.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Think of it another way, Note 7 is one of Samsung's best device ever, and could grab quite a bit of market share for Samsung since iPhone 7 is not that great in review as you mentioned. Isn't it a pity this happened to Note 7?

No because Note 5 didn't get rave reviews. The combination of that plus huge iPhone 6 sales is a complete disaster. But you still have a really good product to recoup sales after the dust of this fiasco settles down plus the advantage of a lesser iPhone reception. That is a much better scenario.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

No because Note 5 didn't get rave reviews. The combination of that plus huge iPhone 6 sales is a complete disaster. But you still have a really good product to recoup sales after the dust of this fiasco settles down plus the advantage of a lesser iPhone reception. That is a much better scenario.
The problem is I really dun think Note 7 will be able to make any strong come back. It's really a waste of a huge potential.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

The problem is I really dun think Note 7 will be able to make any strong come back. It's really a waste of a huge potential.

Note 7 is light-years ahead of apple, the note 5 has better features then the iPhone 7.im Samsung for life I could careless how many people leave the note to get the new iPhone... To me that's a big downgrade but to each there own

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know if AT&T allowing full refunds for the phone or no? I'm considering returning it to go back to my Note 4 and probably get the iPhone 7 plus.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I haven't read too much about the airplane stuff but are they going to ask everyone to show their phones to see if anyone has a Note 7? Flown many times and never had to show my phone, I know this is a bit different but still.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I haven't read too much about the airplane stuff but are they going to ask everyone to show their phones to see if anyone has a Note 7? Flown many times and never had to show my phone, I know this is a bit different but still.

I just read something online from T-Mobile they're not expecting replacement until late October early November this is not looking good for Samsung or the note series.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just read something online from T-Mobile they're not expecting replacement until late October early November this is not looking good for Samsung or the note series.

The Note series overall is FINE. I think it will rebound next year. This years is trash though. Personally if they can't get replacement units out in time I say scrap it this year and go balls to the wall next year with features and goodies. I will order an Iphone 7 plus in the morning and give it a shot. I'm not making the mistake of going to a regular S7 screen size again. I hate it.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The Note series overall is FINE. I think it will rebound next year. This years is trash though. Personally if they can't get replacement units out in time I say scrap it this year and go balls to the wall next year with features and goodies. I will order an Iphone 7 plus in the morning and give it a shot. I'm not making the mistake of going to a regular S7 screen size again. I hate it.
The Note 8 PreOrders next year will be in the toilet.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa