Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
If the FAA is involved no way those phones get sold in the USA again until the government is satisfied they are safe. My money is on the cause such a headache for Samsung they pull the line this year. Guess they shouldn't have skipped the Note 6. I think their goal is to make them illegal and guess what they know who you are and if you still have a phone and they will come for you. mewhewhewhahahaha

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Updated the Exchange Page!!

I guess I picked the right night to exchange my Note 7 for a loaner. Tmobile let me pick any phone I wanted to use for the time being. It sounds like now they're offering a cheap Samsung alternative (J series) for the loaner phone.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been having any issues with my phone as of yet. I have a backup LG G3 I can use but I refuse to use it until/if I have issues. It gets warm but with normal usage. If it starts getting abnormally warm or warm just like my LG G3 does (hence why I don't want to use it) then I will return it and wait for it to come back out and repurchase. As of right now though I only wirelessly charge unless I am awake and around it. So I never worry about it.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I got no choice!!! I use Notes phones especially the S-Pen for work. My store and those around me do not have any Note 4's right now. I can not buy one out right right now. They are trying to push me into an S7 which is unacceptable! I have work on MicroSD so I can Not go to Note 5. Verizon will consider both the Note 5 and the S7 as upgrades from the Note 4. After 14 days I will be stuck with phones that I could not use and within the 14 days there will be a restocking fee. So I am stuck waiting for an Note 7 to replace my Note 7 unless a Note 4 becomes available and I get my upgrade back!!! Verizon Loophole strikes again!!!

You can buy one of these and use it in the Note 5. I'm just sayin
https://www.amazon.com/CLWHJMicro-s...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5407783

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been having any issues with my phone as of yet. I have a backup LG G3 I can use but I refuse to use it until/if I have issues. It gets warm but with normal usage. If it starts getting abnormally warm or warm just like my LG G3 does (hence why I don't want to use it) then I will return it and wait for it to come back out and repurchase. As of right now though I only wirelessly charge unless I am awake and around it. So I never worry about it.

What I worry about are the cases where the device supposedly ignited while not on the charger. I would rather not have my junk singed because my note was in my front pocket

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I am glad I decided to return mine tonight and get my money back. I just need to find another phone to go to. As much as I hate to I will probably the iPhone 7 plus 256gb.

That's what I did, but I didn't hate it. It will be a nice change. I've never ever give IOS a real chance. I mean I had an iPad, but I only used it to read books and magazines. I'm very interested in how/if it will fit into my daily life. Kinda excited

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
That's what I did, but I didn't hate it. It will be a nice change. I've never ever give IOS a real chance. I mean I had an iPad, but I only used it to read books and magazines. I'm very interested in how/if it will fit into my daily life. Kinda excited

I only hate it because I have had every generation of the iPhone so I'm bored of them.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

My 8 year old son has a J lol. Got it for free for communications when we are apart for extended periods of time. And yes, it's weak lol. Plastic everything.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

It will get warm the day it decides to burn up...be safe

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

The CPSC is illogically preventing us from replacing Note7 with potentially dangerous batteries with Note7 that have been tested and manufactured to have stable.

CPSC just got involved so can't say they are illogical lyrics preventing anything right now. It's Samsung's fault for not engaging them earlier as that was the appropriate protocol. The CPSC doesn't step in until the company engages them to assist with the recall. They have guidelines and protocols that must be followed before ANY can then be sold to the public. Don't blame this on them. Blame it on Samsung. Their defective devices and their plan to circumvent the system didn't work.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

It is a loaner phone...OMG you turn it back in once/if the new N7s start coming in.
You people act like you're being hurt because others are trying to make sure the products being sold to you are safe.

Ugh!

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung's massive problem

With an official (not just voluntary) recall looming, with the media being all over them and airlines banning the Note 7, it's pretty clear that Samsung has massive problems. But consider this: what will happen if another Note7 goes up in flames once the devices have been exchanged? And the likelihood of that happening is somewhere near 100%. The Note7 uses USB-C - a standard that has been under scrutiny because of fires started by 3rd party cables and chargers (even expensive ones). Plus any phone can go up in flames, as faulty or damaged lithium ion batteries are relatively frequent - just google "iPhone burns".

So what happens when another Note7 burns or blows up? I'm guess there'll be drastic, worldwide media backlash, no matter why exactly the device ended up going up in smoke.

And what if it turns out that other Samsung devices also went up in flames (which is, again, very likely, for the reasons mentioned already)? Samsung devices are already developing a reputation of being dangerous due to the Note7 coverage - one of my students last week jokingly said to another sitting next to him that he should turn of his S7 EDGE as he's afraid it might blow up. Just a harmless joke for him, but the reality is this: "Samsung = dangerous" is likely going to influence people's buying decision over quite some time.

In any case, I seriously doubt that the Note7 will make a massive return - enthusiasts (myself included, although I also pre-ordered an iPhone 7 Plus) will buy it again, but the general population might not. I find this somewhat heartbreaking - Samsung has finally emerged from its shell this year, producing fantastic devices again. The Note7 is easily the nicest mobile phone, both from a hardware point of view and from the software experience, I've ever owned. I find it heartbreaking that an extremely minor issue, probably affecting only a handful of devices, could potentially ruin the company.

Last edited:

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from Samsung.

Your safety remains our top priority

Dear, In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.

We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Details on how to exchange your Galaxy Note7 can be found at Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program or at 1‑800‑SAMSUNG.

Click here to get started.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung's massive problem

With an official (not just voluntary) recall looming, with the media being all over them and airlines banning the Note 7, it's pretty clear that Samsung has massive problems. But consider this: what will happen if another Note7 goes up in flames once the devices have been exchanged? And the likelihood of that happening is somewhere near 100%. The Note7 uses USB-C - a standard that has been under scrutiny because of fires started by 3rd party cables and chargers (even expensive ones). Plus any phone can go up in flames, as faulty or damaged lithium ion batteries are relatively frequent - just google "iPhone burns".

So what happens when another Note7 burns or blows up? I'm guess there'll be drastic, worldwide media backlash, no matter why exactly the device ended up going up in smoke.

And what if it turns out that other Samsung devices also went up in flames (which is, again, very likely, for the reasons mentioned already)? Samsung devices are already developing a reputation of being dangerous - one of my students last week jokingly said to another sitting next to him that he should turn of his S7 EDGE as he's afraid it might blow up. Just a harmless joke for him, but the reality is this: "Samsung = dangerous" is likely going to influence people's buying decision over quite some time.

In any case, I seriously doubt that the Note7 will make a massive return - enthusiasts (myself included, although I also pre-ordered an iPhone 7 Plus) will buy it again, but the general population might not. I find this somewhat heartbreaking - Samsung has finally emerged from its shell this year, producing fantastic devices again. The Note7 is easily the nicest mobile phone, both from a hardware point of view and from the software experience, I've ever owned. I find it heartbreaking, that an extremely minor issue, probably affecting only a handful of devices, could potentially ruin the company.

So what other than this battery issue has happened to make you say that samsung has already developed a reputation of being dangerous?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Updated the Exchange Page!!

Since Samsung has already found out what caused the issue. Maybe the investigation will not take that long!

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

It is a loaner phone...OMG you turn it back in once/if the new N7s start coming in.
You people act like you're being hurt because others are trying to make sure the products being sold to you are safe.

Ugh!
Ugh is right! We are being inconvenienced enough. Turn it in or not, nobody wants to go from a Note 7 to a ridiculously inferior phone and with no date to say how long we would have to keep that phone. They are almost ensuring that people, who want to keep the Note 7, will choose the most unsafe route and not turn in their phones until an equal replacement is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo