Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can see the writing on the wall. People jumping to the iPhone because they are not patient will be whining that they should have waited.

I wonder if Samsung initiated the fast track themselves. With airlines banning the note 7, Samsung probably now needs a government agency to approve the new note 7 to ease up on the airline bans, and others such as work places. If Samsung did indeed fix it already, then it really should be a fast track recall.

I'm waiting the storm out, there's no other phone out there I want, I don't even want to go back to my note 5 which is light years ahead of the iPhone 7. Some people just can't be patient, it's been less then a week since official recall and some are running with their tails between their legs. Good that means less in my way when the replacements start coming in. Go enjoy your sexy beast black iPhone.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
The CSPC takes forever to do anything. People who think they're getting a replacement next week are fooling themselves. If a replacement is issued by the end of October I'll be shocked.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: CPSC blocking the "new" Note 7 release ?

I think it just boils down to they want the assurance they fixed the issue not just patched it. I dont think Samsung told the whole story. CPSC wants my N7 they need to get me my new N7. Maybe Monday we will no whether it's actually the battery, board, or they just plain didn't keep track of the parts in each device. Send me a battery and the seal with adhesive, and I will change it myself!

Samsung is not going to let you swap out the battery on this phone yourself since it's now prone to explosion.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: CPSC blocking the "new" Note 7 release ?

If The Note 7 Gets Cancelled I will go back to the Note 4 get my upgrade back and wait for the Note 8!!! There is No other phone for me.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
People just want what they paid for, which is understandable. I would've stuck it out for the replacements but at this point there's no telling when that'll happen. I only have until the 30th through Verizon to exchange and no backup phone. The smart choice is just to exchange for a S7 Edge at this point. Good luck to everybody waiting it out. Hope it's sooner than later.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sending mine in nor am I powering it down. Have had my Note 7 (Sprint) since day 1 and the damn thing doesnt even get warm when it's charging.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Not sending mine in nor am I powering it down. Have had my Note 7 (Sprint) since day 1 and the damn thing doesnt even get warm when it's charging.
That was my plan too originally but this device is so screwed at this point I'll be shocked if they just don't scrap the entire thing altogether. What a complete and utter disaster this has become.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

By not exchanging your unit you are doing others a disservice. You are also seriously jeopardising s/h value of your phone.

I certainly wouldn't buy it off you unless you can proof that yours is from a safe batch. Quite how Samsung are going about this, not sure yet but unless they do something these phones will loose a serious amount of money from new.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they'll release it with the new Galaxy S8 (no more "edge" since they will ALL have the silly curved edges) and call it the Note 8?

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the CPSC takes forever to do things.

Remember the hover board fiasco. THey took 6 months to do their testing on all those devices.

It is highly highly unlikely we will see any fixed Note 7's until at least middle to end of next month. Cant go by whats going on in
Europe because they dont have a CPSC like we have in the States.

Since Samsung will most likely release the S8 around March maybe they should scrap the note 7.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
OMG The sky is fallling!!!!!!!! The CPSC will not take forever. Sure it will review it, but I would not expect it to take more than a day or 2.. week tops. Samsung will have to provide their testing and their reports, and the desription of the fix... then its released. All the time this takes they are building up stock piles of the devices so when it is released there are plenty to go around.

There is so much random speculation and conspiracy on these threads it makes me sick. Samsung might not be telling the whole story, but what else do you think they are hiding. "Our batteries are blowing up and we are recalling all of them" Where is the hide??!?!??! They are doing as well as anyone can expect them to do considering the circumstances, taking a several Billion dollar loss... and you people won't be happy. Be pissed about the initial bad battery, but the rest you should be reasonable. Tough crowd!

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
OMG The sky is fallling!!!!!!!! The CPSC will not take forever. Sure it will review it, but I would not expect it to take more than a day or 2.. week tops. Samsung will have to provide their testing and their reports, and the desription of the fix... then its released. All the time this takes they are building up stock piles of the devices so when it is released there are plenty to go around.

There is so much random speculation and conspiracy on these threads it makes me sick. Samsung might not be telling the whole story, but what else do you think they are hiding. "Our batteries are blowing up and we are recalling all of them" Where is the hide??!?!??! They are doing as well as anyone can expect them to do considering the circumstances, taking a several Billion dollar loss... and you people won't be happy. Be pissed about the initial bad battery, but the rest you should be reasonable. Tough crowd!
Agreed they are probably sitting on 2 million fresh units by now.... For people saying it will be "scrapped" I say no chance. I think those poeple just wanna feel better about their iPhone purchase..... cause they know leaving the note 7 is leaving the best phone on the market....(well kinda on the market lol)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Been charging the hell out of my perfectly working Note 7 and not a single problem yet. :p

My Note 7 is perfect and I even hate to swap it for the replacement if they ever become available. :-\

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Its typical. They'll come back with. Omg the hoverboard took 6month that's because nobody read the article. Just scans thru them. Reason it took longer was. They had no idea how or what is starting the fire. They have no quality control from any manufacturer making those. They had a lot of factories making those with no control. I can see a lot of work needs to be done by that and its not a must need to finish asap as its more of a fun toy. Samsung on the other hand knows what's going on. Tested it and can easily share all the findings with cpsc. Then they verify and do a test as this is a must need to be done asap since this is in more homes and people. I can't see them oh let's take 6 months and have more people risk getting caught on fire. Us on a forum is a very very small % vs the rest of the 2.5mill people who got the phone that might or might not return the phone. I would assume this would also be one of their priority that needs to be done. Media hyper take off for more hits means more money.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
You going to exchange your Note 7 when replacements become available?
Mine has been perfect and I'm a little scared to swap it something that could be worst.
Well then at that point you can just take it back if it's defective.... I'm keeping my note but the first chance I get to exchange I'm jumping on it for peace of mind..... and you can bet these new devices will be top notch and tested to all hell.....

Status
Not open for further replies.