Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Update from Verizon Manager. We are able to go past The 30 days originally stated by Verizon because of the recall and government involvement. They can not hold you to the 30 days no restocking fee now that the Government got involved. The only problem like I said if you go with a phone that is a upgrade from your previous phone. Then you are stuck.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They are a hazard (choking just one of those), and the nitrate preservatives have been known to cause cancer. The nitrites now have to be limited to a certain ppm. I have no faith in our USDA, but at least they acted on this, though they should have been banned along with packaged lunch meats, etc. Not being argumentative, just putting it out there..

We choose to ignore health concerns and put ourselves at risk everyday. We are stupid, reckless, and ignorant. Mostly stupid... Myself included.

This ^^. I mean, I ride a motorcycle - there are obviously safer ways to travel. Pretending it isn't dangerous is stupid; that doesn't mean people won't choose to do it... there's a managed risk element that is up to each person to decide for themselves what is acceptable and what isn't.

But some things are more obvious than others. If you tell me I can have one phone that has around a 1 in 1800 (Note 7 before recall) chance of burning my house down and a different phone that has a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance (Newly minted Note 7's without defect) and that they're exactly the same price... not doing the exchange is exactly as stupid as it would be for me to not accept a bike that's exactly like mine in every way except that it's somehow immune to being hit by cars. The risk of being hit by a plane would remain, but immune to cars. If it looks, feels, performs and is exactly the same way in every way except for it is safer and there is no cost to get the better one ... why wouldn't you?

Still, to each their own. But it is entirely RIDICULOUS to try to convince others that THEIR safety doesn't matter because you choose not to care about that particular thing for yourself and then transfer your not caring unto them.

Fetid

Banned
Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
So who's gonna keep using their Note 7 until replaced?

So yet another more assertive call from Samsung to turn off our phones and hand them in.

Personally I not too worried about it going up in smoke. The odds are in our favour. Just don't do anything stupid like leave it charging by itself.

zasdfgbnm

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
[Complain] Why Samsung are so bad towards preordered customer

I preordered a blue coral AT&T Note 7 as early as Aug. 5th, kept waiting until now.

It seems that customers like me are in the worst situation compared with other customers:
1. Samsung says their priority is to exchange phone for the current owners, which means that although I preordered early, I'm at low priority.
2. Customer service representative says that they will start shipping when approved by CPSC, which means wait for longer time.
3. The person who exchange will get a $25 gift card, I have to wait longer than most of them, but I will get nothing.
4. I purchased some accessories at amazon, if I prefer to cancel my order, I have to spend money to return them to amazon.

Is there anyone in the same situation as me?

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Crap. Just called T-Mobile corporate store and was told that they can't do in store loaner phones. Have to call T-Mobile to get a loaner phone sent. I was told they'll send a galaxy s7 next business day. On hold with them right now

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Was just at my local Bestbuy

I was told that they have the new Notes 7s already in Stock, but can't release them until government says so.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
People, I don't have to keep saying this, but I have to at this point.

Get. Yours. Replaced. When. You. Can.

Doesn't matter if yours is fine or not. When it's under a recall, it's under a recall.

Don't play the stats game and give excuses to not bring it in for either a replacement or a refund. Get it sorted.
Nope, I'm typing nope on my note 7.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Was just at my local Bestbuy

I was told that they have the new Notes 7s already in Stock, but can't release them until government says so.
Long shot but I am hoping they announced cpsc involvement Friday. Then they do the test for 48 hours charging the hell out of it with various chargers and different amp rate. Then Monday or Tuesday come around and say. Hey guys. We are good here. Not sure if they normally say we are recalling note 7 but not make it official. I would think cpsc would make it official as soon as they announce it.

zasdfgbnm

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Anyone in the same situation as me?

I preordered a blue coral AT&T note 7 at Aug 5th, and I haven't got my phone yet. But for other colors, most users get their device early.

Samsung says that first priority will be to support current Note7 owners with replacement phones, which means that although I have waited longer, I'm at low priority.

Customers who exchange will get a $25 gift card, but I will get nothing even though I have waited longer and will have to wait longer.

Anyone in the same situation?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Was just at my local Bestbuy

Long shot but I am hoping they announced cpsc involvement Friday. Then they do the test for 48 hours charging the hell out of it with various chargers and different amp rate. Then Monday or Tuesday come around and say. Hey guys. We are good here. Not sure if they normally say we are recalling note 7 but not make it official. I would think cpsc would make it official as soon as they announce it.

Me too. I'm very glad I chose to hold onto my S7. I'm using it right now. I really don't want to go to the Edge so I hope within a week this is sorted out and I can walk in with the old Note 7 and get a brand new one.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you suggesting Samsung has invented this problem and no phones are actually experiencing corrupted batteries? Or?
Here is what might have happened:

1. Samsung is confident the issue is minor in total sample, so initially gave retailers discretion to manage how they wanted.

2. At same time Samsung expedited devices they were confident did not have the issue.

3. Gizmodo badgered the FAA and created a B.S. storm.

4. FAA then contacted CPSC to see if they were aware, which obviously were, but not the scope contrived later.

5. At same time the other all knowing national media got involved through Gizmodo fueling it.

6. CPSC contacts Samsung and tells them to recall beyond Samsung's plan and hold the devices pending their all knowing approval.

To top it all off, Gizmodo then does a follow up article also being linked and referenced about the recall being a "nightmare" so far. Sweet Apple joy.

Tim Cook needs to reward them for doing what Apple could only dream of. Inception 2, starring the all knowing media.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I didn't say anything, but my phone went into ODIN MODE last night. Thats why i returned it today. Was scared they were deactivating my phone

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Same really. I may even be excited for a day or two when the phone is shiny and new, but I know I'll get bored of an iPhone and miss features like wireless charging, always on display, etc., hell even just the display and design of other phones in no time.

I honestly was really thinking about getting the new iPhone and of course everything's cool for the first couple days the first week or so but I done that in the past leave Android for iPhone and always come back to Android within a couple weeks

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung may remotely disable Note 7s

BTW. Got a S7E while i wait for the new note 7.

Used the $25 for the new gear VR as well. The manager said the $25 can only be used during the same transaction of exchange and only for cases but the manager allowed me to use it for the new gear vr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress