Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

It's a rumor based on an anonymous user on a reddit thread that got turned into a clickbait article. While it may happen, this story is based on the weakest of Internet rumors.

I wish people would quit linking to that click bait crap.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 7 burns 6 year old boy in New York

With no replacements and zero knowledge of when more will come in stock to replace them. Will be weeks before people start getting their replacements and how many more incidents will happen by then...Also why as a 6 year old handling a $900 phone in the first place aside from it exploding...

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

With no replacements and zero knowledge of when more will come in stock to replace them. Will be weeks before people start getting their replacements and how many more incidents will happen by then...Also why as a 6 year old handling a $900 phone in the first place aside from it exploding...
I'd handed my note 7 to my 3 year old before I returned it. So what?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Tell that to the guy who's house burned down.
His house didn't burn down. There was a fire in part of his garage. No proof that the phone was the cause of the fire because he also had an air compressor plugged in to the same outlet.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure I'll be flamed for this, but I don't care. If it helps save one person from injury, ESPECIALLY a child, then I will gladly take it.

There are now reports that the battery meltdown has happened outside of charging which means it can happen at any time!

That should have been the assumption by everyone from the get-go. It irked the bejeebus out of me that so many people ASSUMED and advised that it was a charging issue. Samsung never said that, and for those that are tech savvy at all, I'm especially surprised. Hardware is hardware, and cathodes and electrodes are just that. If the separator is defective, it doesn't matter if it's positive or negative from charging OR discharging. The meltdown can happen at any time, and THAT should have been the assumption all along since it was deemed a defective battery issue.

There was no point in bringing it up before, though; people will think what they think, and do what they do, even now with several cases of it happening outside of charging. Those same folks will continue to think they know better, it didn't really happen that way, they need proof, or that they are immune. In turn, others will continue to be ill advised, and the risk to their loved ones or anyone in their presence continues to be an issue.

Good grief, it's just a dern phone. Yes, I love it, too, it's the best, I miss it, etc. But C'mon... Stop thinking you are smarter than everyone else, and be responsible. It's that flipping easy!

Rant over.
What reports said it happened outside of charging?

Burning 6 year old doesn't count, because they didn't say it wasn't charging.

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

My son watches videos on my phone all the time. Especially more now that I returned that deadly phone.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Why are people so vehemently defending a phone that the manufacturer has absorbed hundreds of millions in losses in order to initiate a global recall?

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

Honestly I'm turned off by this situation. I don't want a replacement. I swapped for a s7e and will probably keep it.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

People are so dramatic about this. If you really wanna know things. According to CDC. Bed kills 450 annually in the state. 1.8 mill emergency visits. They should recall all beds. You all are irresponsible and taking chances sleeping on a bed. Oh wait nobody cares about that or being blasted on media.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Hmm, as an adult, I'll wisely make sure my little one doesn't use my recalled phone. Problem solved.

I've have 4 kids all different ages and it's humanly impossible to watch them all at once. Unless you're keeping your phone in a lockbox then you really can't be sure of anything when it comes to kids.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

People are so dramatic about this. If you really wanna know things. According to CDC. Bed kills 450 annually in the state. 1.8 mill emergency visits. They should recall all beds. You all are irresponsible and taking chances sleeping on a bed. Oh wait nobody cares about that or being blasted on media.

Have the manufacturers of beds issued a recall on theirbeds due immediate dangers? No? Then not the same thing.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Have the manufacturers of beds issued a recall on theirbeds due immediate dangers? No? Then not the same thing.
That's the thing. Nobody pays attention to that. There are a lot of beds being recalled. Why not recall all bed that causes 450 deaths a year? Justified because its not so high vs everybody in the USA? Kinda how say 40 incident/alleged in 2.5 mill phone sold. Not defending anyone just saying everybody is being so dramatic when we all take risk when we walk the front door of our houses. Recall or not recall.

Just saying cpcs could have stepped into a lot of things but its because there is a billion dollar here. Why not join to get some of that? All these websites taking advantage of the situation to get click baits=money?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Oh geez...
According to the Center for Disease Control, falling out of bed accounts for 1.8 million emergency room visits and over 400 thousand hospital admissions each year. The very young and the very old are most at risk, and with decreased stability as we age, people over the age of 65 tend to fare the worst when falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non