Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ban coconuts and their trees...

Beach-goers are probably more scared of sharks than coconuts, but the brown, hairy fruit is actually responsible for more annual human deaths than the ferocious sea creatures. Falling coconuts kill an alarmingly high 150 people each year!

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ban coconuts and their trees...

Beach-goers are probably more scared of sharks than coconuts, but the brown, hairy fruit is actually responsible for more annual human deaths than the ferocious sea creatures. Falling coconuts kill an alarmingly high 150 people each year!
So I say let's all be bubble boy.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Some claim that 2,500 deaths are caused every year when left-handed people attempt to use products designed for right-handed people. While we can’t confirm that statistic it is true that left-handed people are five times more likely than right-handers to die in accidents.

This is actually concerning... I'm right handed... but I usually use my phone with my left hand :eek:

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 7 burns 6 year old boy in New York

Recalled Samsung phone explodes in little boy’s hands | New York Post

The frustrating thing is how impossible it has been for Samsung to send *one* message through all of its retail channels. There are posts everywhere where people are told to take their phones home until the new ones come in, or stores jerking people around on return policies, or lying, or ignorant. Who knows what or how many stories the owner of this phone was told or if they ever even received the "turn off your phone and wait until some future date when you might get a replacement" message from Samsung.

Eh.. There is *some* merit in that, but not much. The bottom line is no matter what was said where/when... If a recall over a safety issue is ignored, the responsibility lies with the irresponsible consumer. Period. There would be no need for blame or lawsuit if everyone would just be that - responsible. As I stated earlier... It's that flippin' easy.

I want to punch that adult who ignored the safety issue and let the child use the phone. That's where the fault lies, and with that adult only. I didn't need a company telling me it may or may not be safe. Companies/corporations don't recall something and lose millions of dollars if there is not an inherent risk. Again.. Period.

The *only* Pass Go caveat in this is if there was never a notification on the phone itself. If there was, that parent is the schnit and deserves the fleas of a 1000 camels infesting his nostrils, eyeballs, and ears.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

Return the phone. Use a temporary phone.

..really should be end of story.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
What reports said it happened outside of charging?

Burning 6 year old doesn't count, because they didn't say it wasn't charging.

This is my point in a nutshell.

Defective battery is defective battery. Why do you need someone to clarify that??? It truly makes no sense.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 burns 6 year old boy in New York

Yeah it's a lot of dismissive people trying to downplay the seriousness because their device hasn't caught fire. It is serious. And it can happen to you.
Has anyone read about anyone from this forum have thier phone burn up? You would think we would have at least one.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Possibly up to 2500 bad batteries (.1%) out of 2.5 million. 35-40 "defective phones" are only the ones reported up to the day Samsung issues the statement. There have been more claims since. Do people not read all 27 pages before this one???? :confused:

If you know there can be 2500 bad batteries that have the chance to explode but doesnt seem they can find exactly which phones... what do you do?

^Statistically that's absurd if people are buying there are only 35-40 defective phones out of 2.5 million.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
This is my point in a nutshell.

Defective battery is defective battery. Why do you need someone to clarify that??? It truly makes no sense.

Because incorrect fearmongering statements aren't helpful. So far there have been no confirmed cases of batteries catching fire unrelated to charging. Not sure why you felt the need to rely on an incorrect statement to encourage people to return their devices.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Possibly up to 2500 bad batteries (.1%) out of 2.5 million. 35-40 "defective phones" are only the ones reported up to the day Samsung issues the statement. There have been more claims since. Do people not read all 27 pages before this one???? :confused:

If you know there can be 2500 bad batteries that have the chance to explode but doesnt seem they can find exactly which phones... what do you do?
I agree with you but many people are holding onto the 35-40 mantra as justification that their phone is fine.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Based to some degree on the worry for using the Note 7, we should also perhaps pursue banning fireworks, since exponentially more people (especially under 21) have been injured or worse through the years. Okay, some were when drunk, but still the point is there are things with a bigger chance to hurt or kill that people approach daily as "meh" until something happens.

I keep hearing about issues happening "daily" and piling up by some posters and the media, yet the same garage and Jeep events are recycled as new, but people just now finding out. The terrible event with the 6 year old is new, but even that has respectfully yet to be verified. People even stating it was not charging while being used , but says nothing about that in the article.

All things presumed constant, anode / cathode layer breaches do not normally behave in a ticking bomb manner after initial charges and use. If it is something else beyond that and Samsung is not forthright, kiss the Note 7 (at least) goodbye. Too much attention, especially if/when the three incidents above are verified as legit concerning the Note 7.

The only thing I can think of that would cause a breach after initial charges and use is if a sharp object penetrates the cell and creates anode / cathode contact (a breach). If a layer insulation defect, the energy for an explosive like failure is not normally going to lay dormant for days and weeks of use and then suddenly, kapow!

It would be interesting to see the CPSC's findings, but that would also mean they took the time to visit, audit, interview and test the cells. That means weeks before good. None of this will add up if the issue is so grave as the media points out and this is fast tracked. Point here is I would not be surprised if this takes longer than people might expect. Again, if as dire as perceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty