Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtwright68

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Maybe go with a Note4 instead?

Here is a picture of my Note 4 with the modified AT&T micro SIM, modified to hold the nano Sim from the Note 7. About 20 or 30 minutes with a sharp razor knife. AT&T said the old SIM from the Note 4 was not ever usable anyhow. Note 7 is a much better phone all around but the Note 4 is just fine and I use the S-Pen way to much to want a silly S7. I just lined up the contacts set the nano SIM on top the micro Sim and drew around it with a Sharpie. Stay between the lines and out of the fingers with the razor knife.

View attachment 239424

I'm trying to figure out for what I do, would the Note4 be a good enough device? Especially at nearly 2/3's the cost of the Note7. With 6.0.1 being available for the Note4, that would probably be the last major O/S update for the Note 4, so would that carry me 1-2 years? I don't do anything very advanced with my phones, just apps & internet, don't really play major games or am worried about advanced photography. I have an iPhone 6S+ for my work device, this would be for my personal use and playing around. Thoughts?

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Cracked screen

So 4 days ago I dropped my Note 7 and cracked the screen.

Yes I know I should have had a case for it...and been more carefull.
Of course now we are supposed to replace our Note7 with a different phone.
My question is has anyone had a similar situation and how did the carrier/store handle it.

I am on the road for the next week and unable to take it to my home Verizon store.
Also I bought this phone online from Verizon.

I wonder if all recalled phones from the USA will be destroyed or what will happed to them.

Thanks for any info from other clumsy Note 7 user's.

I was told by the folks at AT&T that they are required to take the phones back in any condition. I even asked what if I bring it back busted up, and he just replied "any condition". Best Buy also told me the same thing.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

How so? If he has it on his person the whole time and charges it only in an area with no flammable materials around what can happen? Do you believe it'll just blow up with no warning while he's using it? Is there any evidence of this happening to anyone (since the report about the 6 year old child was revealed to not even be a Note 7)? At that, it can obviously happen to any phone but is there evidence that any of these occurrences happen this way on a Note 7? Serious questions.

there have been 70 reported incidents already (if you want to believe the Canadian report)..pretty sure the phone won't start beeping with a count down to tell him that the battery is about to explode....but hey, if folks want to roll the dice, be my guest...

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Had to give up my Note 7.

So you guys rather loose your jobs than give up a phone? A phone which is a potential fire risk?

What about home?

Phone still more important than family?

Sad ������

There are some of us who understand exactly what the risks are and know how to mitigate those risks. Among other things, it's called Personal Responsibility.

I never charged mine with a cheap charger. I also kept it within arm's reach at all times. I wasn't about to leave it unattended anywhere, since if it were to start acting up, I could do something about it immediately.

And I was willing to do that to keep the thing until I could get another one. But, some people, like at my office, are a bit too timid.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Flew back from LA yesterday and saw this at check in

0c979a2b88b18cabafc1ddbd56c85117.jpg

My phone has behaved perfectly from day one so I listened to some music on the flight until I was tired then powered down the phone when I slept to be on the safe side.

The Samsung UK rep I spoke to when I got back to London said the recall was voluntary but that everyone had taken them up on it. Mine comes October 3rd. I'll be sad to see this one go. Like I said it's behaved perfectly and never even got warm on charge up. I understand there are issues hence the recall, but you can't tell me otherwise that it's likely 99% of the original phones are probably trouble free.

I'm in the small camp that feels bad for Samsung that this happened. More bad luck than bad management. I know I'll get shot down for that but if Apple can suffer antennagate I fail to see the difference in quality control or full testing prior to release.

The Note 7 is an awesome phone. Period.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone on any of these boards actually know how the CPSC deals with recalls?

Last we heard from them they will be making an announcement soon about an official recall. Would the CPSC say that and not do an official recall? Would they make that statement and go straight to an "ok to sell again" without any more information?

Anyone know the process?

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday, I was forced (literally) to give up my Note 7. Not because it blew up... but because of some [removed] here at work.

As it was explained to me, during a staff meeting that I wasn't attending, somebody made a joke about the exploding Note 7s. Then some guy became alarmed. Then another guy said yeah somebody a few feet from you has one (referring to me). So this guy FREAKS OUT and throws a huge fit over it and DEMANDS that my phone be kicked out of the building.

I'd have said "Sure, no problem!" Then I would have done nothing. If the subject ever came up again, I'd say "yeah I got rid of it." If they asked to see my new phone I'd say "Sorry, it's out in my car charging" or "I left it at home" or maybe "I no longer have a cell phone."

Since I keep my phone in my pocket unless I'm using it, who would know I still had the phone? What are they gonna do, strip-search me?

There's no way in hell some paranoid moron is going to make me get rid of my phone. :mad:

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

There are some of us who understand exactly what the risks are and know how to mitigate those risks. Among other things, it's called Personal Responsibility.

I never charged mine with a cheap charger. I also kept it within arm's reach at all times. I wasn't about to leave it unattended anywhere, since if it were to start acting up, I could do something about it immediately.

And I was willing to do that to keep the thing until I could get another one. But, some people, like at my office, are a bit too timid.

Sorry but you have NO idea what the risks are.

Are you a battery or electronics expert? Have you been part of developing the phone or on the team that pinpointed exactly what the complications are?

Buddy, nothing personal but you seem rather ignorant and blazee about the whole thing.

What you SHOULD do is to return your phone.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
What I Miss About My Returned Note 7

I returned my Note 7 until such time as they have new and safe Note 7 devices to sell me.
Here is what I miss so far after a few days of using my Note 5 now:
  • The batery life!
  • The faster charging
  • The tunable power saving modes for even more battery life
  • The rounded screen edges
  • The camera UI
  • The slightly smaller and thinner size
What I don't miss:
  • The Zagg screen protector peeling up at the edges of the rounded corders from either the Verizon holster case or the Seidio Surrface with Holster I bought for Note 7

What are you missing??

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

So you guys rather loose your jobs than give up a phone? A phone which is a potential fire risk?

What about home?

Phone still more important than family?

Sad 🤔
No I wouldn't loose my job , just sounded like a hole lot of drama for a work place.
I would of offered to remove it from the building and place it in my car.
But to physcial remove from someone is overstepping boundaries.
I guess the other option would be to send the employee home.
On a job, steps like that can turn into a lot bigger of a issue.

I was once payed thoundands of dollars becouse I had to take late lunches.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 Fiasco Will Affect Samsung Phone Owners Long After The Recall...Forbes Article

Check out this, very interesting and probably true, article from Forbes regarding the Note 7. This and several other things are making me second guess keeping this beautiful device.

Forbes Welcome

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: What I Miss About My Returned Note 7

I miss everything. People always say the Note 7 is just the S7 edge with an S pen, but I'm now using the S7 edge as a loaner and I feel almost.......depressed? I mean not quite depressed, that's a little extreme. But there's zero joy in using this phone, whereas with the Note 7 I loved the Coral blue color, I loved the size, the more robust "Always On Display", and just everything. It's hard to describe but I'm really sad about not having it. Can't wait until we get the replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall