Replacement Note 7 arriving on 9/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: A New day with my replacement Note 7

Then Samsung should issue a cert saying that it's a replacement phone.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: A New day with my replacement Note 7

Well I have received my new replacement Note 7.

Firstly, no blue S sticker or little black dot to indicate it is safe.
Anyone else got any satisfaction with regards to knowing if their replacement device is TRULY safe?
///i wouldn't worry too much about the sticker or dot as both of those seem to be the US barcode inventory. Before people were pulling up the manufacturing dates for the battery in things like ES File Explorer. I can't recall which file they were looking at, but you should be able to find it on the board without too much trouble. From what I recall reading any of the ones listed with a manufacturer date of September 1st or later are safe.

As mentioned by myridean it apparently only shows at 100% charge, so most people probably will not ever see it unless they pull up the battery window when pulled into the charger and at 100%.

Unfortunately the above link only applies to Note 7s bought in the US before September 15th.
However, according to Mobile Syrup, a Canadian focused Android source, the Canadian replacements have a green battery light not white when it is fully charged as they are using the Chinese ATL batteries to show the replacement phones are not the same ones that were sold before the recall.
New Note 7 model will have green battery indicator to tell users its safe to use | MobileSyrup.com
Doesn't sound very useful if it only displays when the phone is charged at 100%. That's a very brief time to check it.

FWIW, you can mail the Note 7 phone by UPS ground - they are accepting Note 7's via ground in the US - see https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/news/service_updates/20160915_samsung.html.
OP is residing in Canada, so that may not be an option there.

The absence of the sticker is a major issue - airlines won't let you use that phone no matter what if they can't clearly identify as a replacement
To quote:
Those indicators are only on the boxes, so unless people start carrying their note7 around in the original packaging, they're not going to matter to anyone else.
, so unless you plan to take your box with you on your flights it doesn't matter what your box says.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Picking up New Notes on Satuarday finally!

My one local store in OH claims approved by 21st and filtering into stores 1 to 2 weeks after. Other store said on the 21st

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Boardman, Niles. And when I called Macedonia they said still returning the defective ones and they have no idea date wise on replacements

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: I Got My Replacement Note 7

Waiting for my replacement from carphone warehouse. Still got my original one which I am NOW loving. I wasn't at first as it was suffering from severe lag. The rep' at CarPhone said "We'll loan you a brand new S6 under the Note 7 replacement scheme..." So I thought "well it can't be worse than this Note 7 rubbish!" I went home and factory reset it via the boot loader ready for handing in but decided to try restoring everything and try it again...it was/is much much better. The screen would still miss out the odd letter pressed whist typing so I turned off haptic sound and vibration and now that problem has very nearly gone too. I've decided to keep it now til my replacement comes. Love this phone!

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site

I just got back from Best Buy in Chesapeake Va and was informed the email they sent me was a mistake! I am not a happy camper!!!! I will give it another week and than going back to our old phone. Sorry for not giving everyone better news! I got there at 9:15AM so waiting for nothing.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I just got back from Best Buy in Chesapeake Va and was informed the email they sent me was a mistake! I am not a happy camper!!!! I will give it another week and than going back to our old phone. Sorry for not giving everyone better news! I got there at 9:15AM so waiting for nothing.
A mistake???I would be ticked off for sure.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

My one local store in OH claims approved by 21st and filtering into stores 1 to 2 weeks after. Other store said on the 21st
Samsung email said no later then 21st. 1 to 2 weeks. I bet they just didn't get the emails from the upper management.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

Att and best buy told me it will arrive on 21st or after. The no later than part was disregarded by them too. Again no guarantee of colors however since best buy took my replacement pre-order I hope it works as explained to me.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

The phone so far has worked beautifully has expected but I am still very cautious in my use because of obvious possibility of this being a defect as my previous one.

Why would you be concerned about this? The point of the replacement was to remove that defect unless you're thinking Samsung didn't check thoroughly enough.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Replacement Note 7 NYC area

I'm aware that Samsung said the replacement Note 7 should be in stores by September 21st however I was wondering if the phone hit retailers early and if so which store in particular just kinda anxious to purchase it again. I purchased a Note 7 August 28th returned it two days later when the whole recall Fiasco started Still rocking with the S6.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Replacement Note 7 NYC area

I'm hoping they arrive soon too. I've been scoping the AT&T forum to see when people start getting theirs, then I may call to see if they have any. Lot's of "authorized retailers" around, but I only go to AT&T corporate stores. The nearest to me are in Union Square, the Empire State Building and on Madison in the 40s. I'll give them a call starting next week.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Replacement Note 7 NYC area

I'm hoping they arrive soon too. I've been scoping the AT&T forum to see when people start getting theirs, then I may call to see if they have any. Lot's of "authorized retailers" around, but I only go to AT&T corporate stores. The nearest to me are in Union Square, the Empire State Building and on Madison in the 40s. I'll give them a call starting next week.

I called the few stores this morning they all said next week I also called T-Mobile customer service line and they said it should hit stores Monday Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty