Loving my replacement Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I had my T-Mobile Note 7 and exchanged it for a SG7E and glad I did it. I am not concerned about the safety issue, I just wasn't an S-PEN guy. The SG7E is amazing and I don't see the Note 7 being worth it, unless you are a S-PEN person. I got my phone and a few bucks back.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I had my T-Mobile Note 7 and exchanged it for a SG7E and glad I did it. I am not concerned about the safety issue, I just wasn't an S-PEN guy. The SG7E is amazing and I don't see the Note 7 being worth it, unless you are a S-PEN person. I got my phone and a few bucks back.

I had the SG7E as a loaner and I was very impressed with that phone. I loved everything about it except for the fact that there was no S Pen. I do use it, so I went back to the Note 7.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Mine does seem a little snappier. With my first one I did a smart switch with a cable linking the Note 7 to my Note 5. I never really noticed any lag issues except for scrolling in Facebook but just assumed it was the app. With the replacement, I backed up my old Note 7 to my computer through the Smart Switch program. With the new phone I hooked it up to my computer and did a restore through the Smart Switch program, this is the only only thing I changed when setting it up. Now when in the Facebook app it scrolls much more smoothly but this could have been an update to the app, who knows. One thing I also noticed, unlocking my phone with my fingerprint is way faster. To the point where I thought the fingerprint unlock wasn't set up until I tried using a different finger then the one I scanned. All in all it's running great, stoked to have my Note 7 back, the S7 loaner was a huge downgrade.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else noticed that the note 7 screen is on yellowish side!
I compared it with the s7 and s7 screen is much nicer and whiter!
My original Note 7 (which was FLAWLESS btw) was the cool blue, bright white... replacement is the yellow white. At first this infuriated me, but I've gotten used to it. You're right though.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My themes were not on the theme store and I had to search and download them again. Was this update recent?

Go to Samsung Themes and look for My Page. Then log in. That is where I found all my purchased and non purchased themes.

Attachments

• 2016-09-23 18.13.06 (2).jpg
    2016-09-23 18.13.06 (2).jpg
    195 KB · Views: 68

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Now, why would I want to replace my replacement? It is working beautifully. I don't want to go through all that stuff again. :)

I am trying all kinds of things with my battery to make sure I have one that will give me a lot of time because no, I cannot imagine having to go through setting up one more phone right now.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
No one commented on my question..My aftermarket micro USB cable using the included converter to C no longer fast charges this phone as my previous 7 had.. Thoughts?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Still not seeing how the battery life has gotten better and the performance is even faster. I was happy with my first Note 7, so was not expecting much of a ceiling increase if any.

Battery life is about 20% better (was already good for me)

Dead or Alive Plus is an arcade game on MAME that I use to test CPU power for devices. It went from barely being faster with frame rate than the MXPE (808 chip) to 30% faster. That is huge for MAME.

I normally do not rave, but the Note 7 went from great to even greater. Glad I stuck with the Note 7.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No one commented on my question..My aftermarket micro USB cable using the included converter to C no longer fast charges this phone as my previous 7 had.. Thoughts?

Could be part of the firmware update and is more strict now on power thresholds. If the charger and cable that came with the N7 works, that is probably the issue.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Why didn't you just hold out for the S8? It's going to be even more powerful than the S7

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Agree with everyone else. My new Note 7 replacement is simply awesome. It is so much more responsive and the battery life is better than before.

I loved my Note 7 version 1.0 and I love version 2.0 even better.

The screen is gorgeous, battery life seems as good if not better, the responsiveness is wonderful, and I've even gotten to like the green battery indicator.

For my purposes, the business functionality, split screen and S pen are incredible.

IMHO there is not another flagship out there as feature rich.

Loving my sleek dark black Note 7 !!!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I went into a video store and paid with my phone-they had this small little card reader by their pc screen and it worked. Loving that.
e50069d9bfca876f6265a653fd8572b9.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yep SP works on almost every magnetic card reader one of my favorate features, did run into a problem returning sothing, seems the registers are a bit confused returning with SP
The only one it didn't work on was electronic dept at a walmart. Could have been the sales clerk though. At any rate it's awesome

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
And hopefully as advertised more secure with a digital card instead of my actuall card being used.
I had a issue at Wal-Mart it was the girl I asked for the manager and it processed no problem that was with a gift card loaded in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk