Got Replacement, but no update for green battery

Ken in CA

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I posted this in another thread about the same issue.

So I finally got the update. I actually got a call back from AT&T tech support. After explaining the situation and issue, the rep figured out that because I had received the update on my first replacement, and the IMEI on the account was for the first replacement, the system didn't know to push out the update again to my new device/IMEI. Once I gave him the new IMEI, updated it on their end, and was able to push out the update to be activated once I did a reboot. So now I have the green battery.

In short, make sure your carrier has the proper IMEI for your device.

Any other ideas? I checked with AT&T tech support and my IMEI # was correct. In fact, the tech support guy had not heard that the updated N7s were supposed to have green battery icons.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Any other ideas? I checked with AT&T tech support and my IMEI # was correct. In fact, the tech support guy had not heard that the updated N7s were supposed to have green battery icons.

Then I would try again with a different tech support rep. If he didn't know there was even an update, then he probably didn't know he could push it manually. Also, are you sure you spoke with AT&T Tech Support, and not just Customer Support? My first call with Customer support, the guy didn't know what I was talking about either, and he escalated the call to their Tech Support. The Tech Support department called me back to follow up on the issue.

And just for good measure, have you rebooted your device, since you go it? It's possible that it will show up after a reboot and check for software updates as well?

Other than that, I don't know what else you can do. I am only relaying what happened for me to get the update.

Ken in CA

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Then I would try again with a different tech support rep. If he didn't know there was even an update, then he probably didn't know he could push it manually. Also, are you sure you spoke with AT&T Tech Support, and not just Customer Support? My first call with Customer support, the guy didn't know what I was talking about either, and he escalated the call to their Tech Support. The Tech Support department called me back to follow up on the issue.

And just for good measure, have you rebooted your device, since you go it? It's possible that it will show up after a reboot and check for software updates as well?

Other than that, I don't know what else you can do. I am only relaying what happened for me to get the update.

I appreciate the advice. It was tech support so I will probably try another tech. The tech did say he was going to forward this issue to their Samsung Rep and email me the reply.

Yup, did the reboot too. I'm currently running version 6.0.1 and the tech said that is the latest update.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently running version 6.0.1 and the tech said that is the latest update.

No problem. What's your Build Number? The tech that helped me said 6.0.1 is the right Android version, and it's the one I am on too, but I think this is a build software update. He said that mine was off and he knew that it should be different per the new update. I don't recall what my last one was but I am currently on MMB29M.N930AUCS2APHE. I'm almost positive that's where he knew something else was off.

Ken in CA

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
No problem. What's your Build Number? The tech that helped me said 6.0.1 is the right Android version, and it's the one I am on too, but I think this is a build software update. He said that mine was off and he knew that it should be different per the new update. I don't recall what my last one was but I am currently on MMB29M.N930AUCS2APHE. I'm almost positive that's where he knew something else was off.

Build # is: MMB29M.N930AUCS1APH1

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Help Manual is at the bottom of my Settings page. Next section up is the General Management section. No system update in there.
Maybe AT&T has a different layout. Show us a screenshot of the bottom of your settings page.
Also, did you use a new sim card or the one from your old phone? That may make a difference as well.
8afa431537e606d46866756ccb83fb64.jpg

Ken in CA

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Maybe AT&T has a different layout. Show us a screenshot of the bottom of your settings page.
Also, did you use a new sim card or the one from your old phone? That may make a difference as well.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/8afa431537e606d46866756ccb83fb64.jpg

Best Buy put in a new SIM card (I think). I had those options in Settings on my original N7 but had to enter some sort of code to get the Developer Options to appear. I don't recall how to do it but got it from this forum.

Attachments

• 1530.jpg
    1530.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 49

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Build # is: MMB29M.N930AUCS1APH1

I think your build is the OEM one. That's the one that should show the update for the green battery. If/when you get an AT&T Tech Support Rep, let them know you are still on the old build. It make take a few times explaining that you are on a verified safe device, but don't have the green battery software update. Absolute worst case scenario, if AT&T still hasn't figured it out, then you may want to try a Best Buy and speak with a Samsung rep there to see if they can flash your phone and force the update to it.

The number the AT&T Tech Rep gave me in case I had any other technical issues is 8669860965 give that a try.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and got my update the same night as I got my replacement last week. Might be regional but you should have it by now surely.

Ken in CA

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I think your build is the OEM one. That's the one that should show the update for the green battery. If/when you get an AT&T Tech Support Rep, let them know you are still on the old build. It make take a few times explaining that you are on a verified safe device, but don't have the green battery software update. Absolute worst case scenario, if AT&T still hasn't figured it out, then you may want to try a Best Buy and speak with a Samsung rep there to see if they can flash your phone and force the update to it.

The number the AT&T Tech Rep gave me in case I had any other technical issues is 8669860965 give that a try.

Again, AT&T tech rep no help. So far both tech support reps have not heard of the green battery icon. I will go to BB and talk to the Samsung rep to see if he can help. Argh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non