Another update for AOD

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
??? No such thing on Note 7. The note 7 does not have the hardware to support 3d touch. There is an option that Verizon has not implemented yet that allows for a long press to bring up a menu of options.
Of course it's not true 3D touch but it's close enough...found on the tmobile version of note 7

Screenshot_20160925-162227.png

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Of course it's not true 3D touch but it's close enough...found on the tmobile version of note 7

View attachment 240806

Interesting, thanks. How do you access that menu exactly? Long press does other things on Android, so what is the interaction there?

Also, unless other apps have more useful options, those 4 on Twitter don't do mcuh for me (maybe "put to sleep", not sure).

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, thanks. How do you access that menu exactly? Long press does other things on Android, so what is the interaction there?

Also, unless other apps have more useful options, those 4 on Twitter don't do mcuh for me (maybe "put to sleep", not sure).

It's just a long press menu, every icon have the same 4 options or part of these 4.

Pls dun compare this to iPhone's 3D touch, it totally is not that. We are totally going to get laughed by Apple fans if we call it "Note 7's 3D touch".

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's just a long press menu, every icon have the same 4 options or part of these 4.

Pls dun compare this to iPhone's 3D touch, it totally is not that. We are totally going to get laughed by Apple fans if we call it "Note 7's 3D touch".

Thanks. Looks interesting.

Also, I don't really care what it's called, nor would I care if anyone laughs to be honest. :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if Apple fans laugh either. If anything else that just means that they'll spit out their pumpkin spice mocha-frappucino's all over their iPhone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never saw the point in "3D Touch" anyway. I only messed around with it to see but I went back to using the apps the normal way. Usually was a lot faster.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Actually some apps have another option instead of uninstall...the Facebook and hangouts apps gets the disable option ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non