ATT Note 7 No Green Light

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My Co-Worker is getting the run around on this Update, He had a ATT Note7 had it replaced since the 20th, nobody from ATT Or Samsung know anything about a green indicator.

You would think by the way they talk nobody is calling in on thi (it's on the news and websites everywhere)

After a few calls to ATT He talked to tech support from ATT twice and they can't help, their best advice was to goto Best Buy and try and have them force an update (He bought his phone direct from ATT) and it shows in their system that they tried to send the update 4 times but the phone isn't receiving it.

He wants to exchange the phone since it's probably defective and they say his only luck is to try and find a store with a silver note 7, Half the stores don't answer the phone and they tell him they receive blind shipments from Samsung

He's not sure what to do. I think it's funny how nobody really knows anything from ATT, these forums are 10x the tech support they provided.

Ken in CA

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I haven't gone thru all the threads but are there AT&T Note 7s with the green battery update? I got my updated N7 on the 21st with no green battery. A daily software check states my OS is up to date.

Regards

Last edited:

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
He should take it back to AT&T.

A small warning for anyone getting their replacements at AT$T - corporate store told me that taking the replacement Note 7 is like "final answer" time with Regis - ANYTHING wrong with the replacement - device blows up, just quits working, won't connect to LTE, you name it, you deal with Samsung on a warranty claim - they are washing their hands of them...scary...

Mo Crispy

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else still not receive the Green Battery indicator update yet on their replacement Note 7? I'm on AT&T and my Note 7 still says its up to date but I haven't received that update or the recent 60% battery one. My phone is still on the August build.

Mo Crispy

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
AT&T released an update on 9/20 (build # N930AUCS2APHE) but my replacement Note 7 is still on the prior one (build # N930AUCS1APH1).

"Effective September 20, 2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note7 (N930A)," says AT&T. "[The update] allows the ability to identify a recalled Note7 and a new Note7 that has been tested by Samsung and approved by the Consumer Product Safety Commission for consumer use."

AT&T adds that the battery indicator will remain gray after the software update has been downloaded, but it will eventually turn green after about 8 hours of first use.

The update will install automatically, and Galaxy Note 7 users cannot postpone installing the software. This is to give users who still have the faulty units a warning message to stop using their handsets.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
AT&T released an update on 9/20 (build # N930AUCS2APHE) it but my replacement Note 7 is still on N930AUCS1APH1.
Right, that announcement was in September, prior to the second recall and was misleading because there were zero safe phones at the time they sent that information. The replacement devices would have gotten the green battery icon, etc. but then those were recalled too so there are zero Note 7 devices that have not been recalled.

Mo Crispy

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The replacement devices would have gotten the green battery icon, etc
But my replacement device never got that update. I exchanged my original Note 7 for it on 9/18. AT&T released the Green Battery update on 9/20, 2 days later. As of 11/16 my replacement Note 7 is still on the original build it came with and today it still says I'm on the current version and I have yet to receive the 60% battery limitation one (build # N930AUCS2APK1) that AT&T released last week..

Last edited:

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
But my replacement device never got that update. I exchanged my original Note 7 for it on 9/18. AT&T released the Green Battery update on 9/20, 2 days later. As of 11/16 my replacement Note 7 is still on the original build it came with and today it still says I'm on the current version and I have yet to receive the 60% battery limitation one (build # N930AUCS2APK1) that AT&T released last week..
He is trying to tell you, basically, that if you have not already received the update, you are not likely to get it now. The only update you might get is the 60% limiting update. What exactly are you expecting?

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't matter what version you have just forget about it and return it.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
What are you afraid of? The so called Note 7 fiasco media hype?

You mean the video evidence of the phones going up in smoke?( it's not millions of units combusting but it's certainly more than 1)Look the media did over hype it and the note 7 is a GREAT phone on the software side I can kind of understand why people don't want to give it up. But come on guys it's a safety hazard, don't put other people around you at risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38