Maximize your Samsung Promos

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: promotion IMEI issues...

Just entered my N7 info online on the promo site and it went perfect. Now I clicked on add another and started adding my fiance S7 and it is telling me the IMEI number is wrong? She has the phone so I took the IMEI number off the box and called her for the IMEI mac number.

Any ideas? Thank you
Copy and paste does not work if you do it on your phone. You have to manually enter the numbers.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Take the IMEI number from the phone. Believe it or not, the IMEI can differ in the last one or two digits between the box, the reciept and the phone itself, because of how/when they are generated/recorded. But the phone is the most accurate.
I just checked... the numbers on the phones setting are correct and it said on the site it's not valid....what the heck?

I entered the codes manually and still no deal.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
As far as movement, with my 256 card it showed shipped but no movement. The day it was scheduled for delivery it updated after I had the card in my phone and showed movement and then delivery

Loren Terveen

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Where is the "promo site"? When I go to https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/galaxyoffer/, I see that the Samsung Galaxy Offer ended 9/21 (and I got my replacement Note 7 on 9/24).

It also says there "If you have just received your new phone as part of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 Battery Safety Recall and Exchange Program, please contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG for assistance with your claim submission."

I tried calling, and got one person who said there is no promotion. I tried back, but got a warning message about excessive wait times...

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday, I requested the Gear VR on S7 promotional page and was approved today. I received the SD card for the original Note7. For the Gear VR, I uploaded the Verizon receipt for the replacement Note7 with no issues. The recall was worth the hassle (especially since I shattered the glass on the original).

Nabiscuit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For those of y'all that chose the Gear VR on your temp phone - has anyone called Samsung and gotten the Content Bonus transfered over to your new Note 7's IMEI?

I got three 256 GB Cards (my very first Note7 came with a bad front-facing camera) and the Gear VR.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
has anyone called Samsung and gotten the Content Bonus transfered over to your new Note 7's IMEI?
I just called last night and told the rep I wanted to change my IMEI. He responded with a curt (almost rude) "Why?". I explained how I got an email from Samsung instructing me to do it, then I had to walk him through my purchase history ((N7, S7E, N7) and he put me on hold for 5 or so. He came back and said they would be sending me an email within 48 hours with instructions to change it, but I'm hesitant to believe him about needing to do it over email. I'm going to call again today.

Nabiscuit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just called last night and told the rep I wanted to change my IMEI. He responded with a curt (almost rude) "Why?". I explained how I got an email from Samsung instructing me to do it, then I had to walk him through my purchase history ((N7, S7E, N7) and he put me on hold for 5 or so. He came back and said they would be sending me an email within 48 hours with instructions to change it, but I'm hesitant to believe him about needing to do it over email. I'm going to call again today.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah... I knew it was going to be a long shot - but hoping it's still possible. I'll call too and report back. Mine just came in.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I got the same reply. The rep was clueless to as what I was talking about, made what should have been a 5 min call a 25 min call. Was told I would receive an email within 48 hours (called on Saturday) still nothing yet.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
None of these are still going on, right? It took me ages to get my replacement, so I think I missed out on double dipping.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
None of these are still going on, right? It took me ages to get my replacement, so I think I missed out on double dipping.

The dates for the Gear Vr and 256 GB microSd card are for:
Valid Purchase Dates: 9/8/16-10/9/16
Still some time left

Status
Not open for further replies.