Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I've never heard of iPhone users complaining/whining
about the lack of removable batteries.

The story is very different in the Android world. Almost
every other week, you hear people complaining/whining
about the lack of removable batteries on phones that
previous had them.

I'd be one of those people. This is my first phone with a non removable battery and its very inconvenient. Being able to carry two wafer thin batteries in my pocket and swap them in seconds was design genius. I'd gladly pay an increased price to have a version of a phone with swappable batteries thats not water/dust resistant, not as thin and have a plastic back cover.

During the week it's not a big deal. My phone sits on the wireless charger while I'm at work and at home. But on weekends and vacations is when I need that instant replenishment in power.

Someone needs to come up with a thin battery backpack that can quick charge while the phone is under heavy use.

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Allnicksgone beat me to It! My opinion is people are putting note 7 in back pocket, and phone is getting squished shorting the battery. Phone does not need to be powered up for this to happen. I would pretty much say...take it to the bank!

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
That's only if you purchased the accessories from Verizon... I purchased my accessories from Amazon and so have others.... We're SOL on recouping cost..

why not contact Amazon customer service and see what they
can do to help you out? just explain to them that your had to
return the Note 7 because it's a fire hazard after Samsung's
recall. Ask them if you can return the Note 7 accessories.
In fact, I'll do it when I get home and see if they'll allow me to
return the Otterbox Defender case for my Note 7,which was
purchased a couple of months ago.

in my personal experience, Amazon is very understanding when
it comes to stuff like this....

I once got a refund for a $250 Optima Yellow Top car battery
because it crapped out after 10 months. Optima refused to
honor their warranty. I chatted with Amazon and they gave me
$250 back.(actually, as Amazon gift card balance). That was
before Optima changed its policy... now they do honor the
warranty for car batteries bought from Amazon.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Ya. Yet when LG gave them what they wanted in G4, and with rather good reviews + superb camera, the sales is not even as good as G3. So I came to the conclusion that only a small group of users are repeating this same request over and over lol

I had a G4 previous to my Note 7. The G4 is/was a giant piece of garbage. After two fires and countless warranty replacements, I'd rather slam my privates in a car door than buy another LG phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
about the lack of removable batteries.

I heard a ton of complaints in the news cycles when Apple first switched to non-removable batteries and the relatively large cost/time required to replace them. I personally don't like them after two problematic phones (Droid Razr and HTC M8) that caused me extra headaches due in part to lack of removable batteries. So for me, it's just another point of failure that can turn a phone into a fancy paperweight.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
That's a great suggestion.....

In fact, I'll do it when I get home and see if they'll allow me to
return the Otterbox Defender case for my Note 7,which was
purchased a couple of months ago.

The worst they can say is no, right? :) If that's the case,
I'll then ask Otterbox if they'll take it back. If that makes me
sound like a cheapskate.. well.. it's because I am one. :D

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
about the lack of removable batteries

The story is very different in the Android world. Almost
every other week, you hear people complaining/whining
about the lack of removable batteries on phones that
previous had them.

I was one of those. Drove me nuts having to walk around plugged into a battery bank. I was replacing lightning cables every 3-4 weeks due to strain relief failures. Whats maddening is its hit & miss when iOS doesn't like non-apple certified cables, so it was $15-20 every month for the 3 years I was using it.

Its different in Andoid world because we used to have much more choices. In iPhone world they NEVER even had the choice... so mentally they are pre-conditioned to tolerating life without it.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The entire recall process was such a mess for the carriers I doubt they will go through it again.

They will just stop selling them altogether.

I can see the possibility of Samsung selling an unlocked version on their website, but I think its over for the carriers.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Wait for it you will see all carriers stopped for good, Samsung will shut it down.

what worries is how Samsung handles all the returned
or unsold Note 7 phones. I believe I read that they plan
to "fix" the problem and sell the refurbished phones in
third world countries... which I think is just wrong..

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
what worries is how Samsung handles all the returned
or unsold Note 7 phones. I believe I read that they plan
to "fix" the problem and sell the refurbished phones in
third world countries... which I think is just wrong..
I had to replace 2 time Note 7 , but for S7 Edge AT&T won't carry them no more and all the other carriers so there will be no OTA updates at all.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Bad News Today it went Global Samsung is shutting down Note 7 for good, so everyone has to return there Note 7, so no OTA updates either.
It's not shut down for good it's stopped to do a safety investigation until the fault is determined than Samsung will decide what they'll do

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It's not shut down for good it's stopped to do a safety investigation until the fault is determined than Samsung will decide what they'll do
Right but think of it this way all US carriers won't take them no more even if Samsung says it's fixed , carriers in US won't accept them no more, so what does this mean no OTA updates, and most likely Samsung will have no choice to shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez