Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

What a shame. I moved on to the iPhone 7 Plus after the first recall, but was really disappointed when I had to send my Note back. It really was a great phone. I wonder what implications this will have on the Note line going forward. Could Samsung kill off the Note line for good? I guess only time will tell.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

It is a shame that they got rid of the Note 7, which was perhaps the best phone in the market, however the battery explosive fiasco, Apple patent law suit and the consumer impatience for the Nougat update determines that Samsung has far too much on their hand, rendering them unable to proceed with improving the device. Knowing it has already received a lot of negative publicity, so with all the scaremongering, the device wouldn't regain its place in the market. Guess I got to keep my S6 too.

How could it have being the best phone on the market with such dangerous and mechanical issues? U guys are unbelievable

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

This is sad news. I returned my original Note 7 a while ago. I always thought that eventually I would get a unlocked one on Amazon but that's not the case. It was a great designed phone, probably the best I've had design-wise. I hope they can bounce back from this.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

It's a shame but I'll be keeping mine. I'm sure at some point I'll be able to install a ROM if carriers don't bother with updates. At worst I'll wait for the successor sometime late next year or I'll go the S8 if it suits my needs.

You think there will be developers creating roms for this now? I would say that many are returning their devices, and the user base would be so small that I doubt anyone will spend much time developing for it. You are stuck with essentially a fancy engineering sample.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Damn U Samsung I now have a dilemma

I have a Gear S2 platinum, Gear fit 1, Gear VR and 256gb sd card... I'm not switching over to a S7edge and being stuck with payments on a phone I don't want. No matter how much "Samsung use only" accessories I own.... I'm not going back to my N3 after having experienced the N7.... I'll put all my Sammy accessories back in their boxes and wait until whatever they call the new phone with the S-pen comes out next year....
I've never used a iPhone in my life but the daughter upgraded from her iPhone 6 to the 7.. So I'm just going to pop my sim card into the iPhone 6 and wait for Samsung to get their stuff together... Definitely won't be preordering the Sammy phone... I'll wait a month like someone on the forum suggested....
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm lucky enough to still have my BlackBerry Passport, but I'm taking a huge functionality loss as well, since there was more I could do with the Note 7, than I can with my Passport, and that mostly due to apps.

I'm going to return all of my wireless chargers along with the device. I don't want to pay for things I have no use for. My Gear VR (which was free) will have to sit a long with the other USB-C adapters and cables I just got from Samsung, but I hope to be able to keep and use them when the next Note device comes out, since I don't have the packaging and I ordered them from Samsung directly. My 256 SD (also free, and should be here some time this week) card will either sit until next year, or possibly get used in my DSLR until then.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site

How could it have being the best phone on the market with such dangerous and mechanical issues? U guys are unbelievable
Besides that factor. It surpasses every other phone out there on the market now nothing compares to the note 7. Everything is a downgrade at this point.
I ain't never been sad over a phone til now lol

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I honestly thought the Note 7 was going to be the phone of the year. Samsung royally messed up an excellent phone. Samsung is still the best at making "Note" devices. Although this is a good opportunity for LG to make a high end note phone if they want to kick Sammy while their down.
I love Samsung. The first Android phone I bought from them is the Nexus S. And from there it was mostly Samsung Android phones that I bought & owned for awhile. I've had Motorola, Sony Ericsson... now Sony, HTC., but kept going back to Samsung.
Yes it's terrible that the Note 7 is discontinued, especially a flagship phone. This will hurt Samsung for awhile. But like a loyal Samsung fan, I'm not going to stop buying their phones. I'll stop buying their phones if Samsung went a direction I truly didn't like.

This would be a good time for Nokia to come out with an Android phone. They were number one world wide for the longest time. More choices we have the better for other manufacturers to step it up.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site

I think the S7 edge is a great phone. I had it as a loaner, but I do feel we were spoiled by the Note 7 and the subtle changes made to camera software and Touchwiz. The S7 edge has a great camera and is probably one of the best handsets out there if you had never used the Note 7.

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

what didn't you like about the Edge? It is so similar to N7...I don't understand all those saying they didn't like as a loaner.

The S7 Edge slopes far more gradually than the Note 7 which makes inadvertant touches a lot more common, especially without a case.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

Probably the most disastrous phone launch of all time imo.. Such a shame. The good side is we should probably get ready for one of android best phones of all time in the S8.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I think the S7 edge is a great phone. I had it as a loaner, but I do feel we were spoiled by the Note 7 and the subtle changes made to camera software and Touchwiz. The S7 edge has a great camera and is probably one of the best handsets out there if you had never used the Note 7.

I am going to go with the S 7 Edge until the next Note is released.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

Samsung, you have failed us :'(
a56f5be50c158393245d01d5eb908e82.gif

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

The S7 Edge slopes far more gradually than the Note 7 which makes inadvertant touches a lot more common, especially without a case.

I have 0 accidental palms touches now after spending 6 months with the Edge. Like most phones I've had, I've adjusted to the screen and learned how to use it like a pro. lol

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Officially discontinued Galaxy Note 7

Such a pity tbh. I mean, How bad can a phone get? Its always one issue or the other since its release, from explosive units, charge issues, GG5 issues, etc. I just hope the s8 brings it next year tho. Its probably the worse phone launch in recent memory.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Officially discontinued Galaxy Note 7

Really hope they can do another reiteration of note 7. I don't want anything else. This phone is simply awesome.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

I want the v20 but it is going to be problematic having to wait. I don't have a loaner phone, I got my phone at best buy do alL I could do is keep the n7 till the v20 comes out and hope I have no issues with battery or Samsung crippling them...

Unless I get a s7 edge which would be so simple... But i want the v20. Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.