What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
e5cb6fa6848f8e0df2d010533000b0e3.jpg

Holding out for the N8 with my IPhone 7+

valglbgl

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I chose the LG V20. I miss my Note 7 but I'm happy with my choice. I do hear from Verizon that we will get a heavily discounted Note 8 if we want it when they come out.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that the Note 5 was the recommended alternative to the Note 7. Also, AC has an article about "Note 7 replacement phones" that is very interesting.

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I sold my note 5 about a week after having the 7, when returning N7 there were no Note 5s available from Verizon. Man, what a fantastic device the note 7 was... Screen, Samsung Pay, Sidesync, SD for video capture, iris making it easier to use with 1 hand, etc. The freaking S pen - holy crap do I miss that. If you need to log into a computer which has an OS/environment that uses the mouse as a primary input device, the S pen is _incredible_. Also, the best PDF machine ever :)

Battery was pretty decent as well. I also happen to like Gear VR and the theme store.

All that being said... The Pixel XL I've had for almost a month (while lacking in some areas - which are covered in extreme all over the review sites), as a whole: The Best Android Device Available.

The software experience is so far in the lead, every other device's user experience seems embarrassing in comparison. To me, it's the closest to competing with the best parts of iOS that Android has ever been. I prefer it more than any other mobile device to date.

Once you also factor in the supposedly unlimited image and video storage, live 24/7 chat/voice support (with the ability for you to allow them to see/control your phone while talking to the rep) - it's a rather solid (confidence in support, inducing) experience.

We should all hope that future Android devices strive to be more and more like the current Pixels.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I sold my note 5 about a week after having the 7, when returning N7 there were no Note 5s available from Verizon. Man, what a fantastic device the note 7 was... Screen, Samsung Pay, Sidesync, SD for video capture, iris making it easier to use with 1 hand, etc. The freaking S pen - holy crap do I miss that. If you need to log into a computer which has an OS/environment that uses the mouse as a primary input device, the S pen is _incredible_. Also, the best PDF machine ever :)

Battery was pretty decent as well. I also happen to like Gear VR and the theme store.

All that being said... The Pixel XL I've had for almost a month (while lacking in some areas - which are covered in extreme all over the review sites), as a whole: The Best Android Device Available.

The software experience is so far in the lead, every other device's user experience seems embarrassing in comparison. To me, it's the closest to competing with the best parts of iOS that Android has ever been. I prefer it more than any other mobile device to date.

Once you also factor in the supposedly unlimited image and video storage, live 24/7 chat/voice support (with the ability for you to allow them to see/control your phone while talking to the rep) - it's a rather solid (confidence in support, inducing) experience.

We should all hope that future Android devices strive to be more and more like the current Pixels.

Wow, what a great post and a great review of the Pixel! And the support for that line of devices is incredible! Thank you for posting!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have an LG v20 that I got today and have decided to keep this one until the S8 come out I cannot wait to see what they have to offer

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Miss my N4 marshmallow update was a huge mistake for me not all apps are compliant

Yeah it's pretty much hit or miss. The initial update had better battery life and some apps didn't work for me either. With the latest update all apps (that I use) work but the battery is worse.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Been using my iPhone for a hour this morning and battery is still at 100% always make a full day of heavy usage on one charge

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Been using my iPhone for a hour this morning and battery is still at 100% always make a full day of heavy usage on one charge

IIRC iPhones have a dead spot at 100%. The display stays there longer than it should. Regardless the battery is still nice. My Pixel XL does pretty awesome as well.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
IIRC iPhones have a dead spot at 100%. The display stays there longer than it should. Regardless the battery is still nice. My Pixel XL does pretty awesome as well.

I would seriously consider the pixel xl if I wasn't committed to the IPhone , the limitations on iOS can be frustrating as much as I like the Stability of the phone