Interesting - any reports of burning Note 7s in the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Still have mine, and still use it daily (waiting on vzw to send return packaging) but it's not on the network, and I don't take it with me when I leave the house.

I kinda wish vzw would just send the return packaging already.... I'd love to re-activate it, but highly doubt vzw would let me....
What color is it. If blue I will buy it.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm also highly suspicious that the replacement GN7s have a problem that can cause a fire. Mine has been working flawlessly & not overheating. I am researching replacement phones, since I know I will need to return it soon.
If you have the blue one I will buy it from you.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes well I'd rather keep using Note 7 instead of this s7edge but if they brick them?? So will be returning it next week. Id be the first to buy again tho.
Samsung said it was a voluntary recall recall so I'm not expecting them to brick it. And as long as it's taking people to get replacement S7's or S7 Edge's the Note 8 will probably be out before they would even be able to to brick it.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using my note 7 every day
No issues
Will continue to use it until t-mobile cuts service to it
I disabled software updates capabilities through package disabler, in case Samsung tries to cripple it
Samsung wants to give me 100 to DOWNGRADE to a lesser phone and waste my upgrade eligibility
And make me pay for a phone I DON'T WANT.... So when the galaxy S8 comes out, I won't be able to upgrade
No way that is going to happen
I'm keeping my note 7 to the Last possible minute

Hopefully until s8 comes out
Can you please explain to me how you disabled automatic updates?

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
You're not hearing more about fires, because the media is focused on their next shiny and new story. If there's one that catches fire now (which a person has not begun the recall on), it's the fault of the individual, and the media doesn't care. It's a no story.

Now, for you guys being stubborn and keeping your Note 7's, I feel you. I had a real hard time doing the exchange. That said, you need to remember that if you keep the Note 7, it will be worth zero in a year when you go to buy the next Note. You won't be able to trade it or sell it.

Also, keep in mind that other products could stop working with the Note 7...just as the Gear VR stopped working a week ago when an update crippled it. Saying you'll turn off updating for the next year sounds fine and dandy now, but that's because your phone is fresh with updates right now. In 6 months when your Note 7 isn't able to do basic functions because you can't update your apps, then what?

I know this sucks, but keeping the phone really isn't realistic
The is going to be a collector's item and will fetch much more than I paid for it, but I probably will keep even after I get the next note.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Even if people decide not to believe the phone has probelms the decision has been made....You wont recieve updates and are putting yourself at risk of not being able to get a replacment if you wait too long ...If u decide to keep it youll be keeping a phone u will never be able to get fixed or claim through insurance or sell.....That in itself should get you to switch
Those of us who's keeping the phone know all of that but the phone is so great that we don't care. I disagree with you that it won't be worth anything though. It'll be a collector's item and will be worth more than we paid for it once the foolish ones realize there's nothing wrong with the phone.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I call bs. That phone been out for awhile now and now one caught on fire? Some entity really has it out for Samsung.
I would find out if this s7e was made in the same place as the N7's and go from there.

There have been at least five reports of S7Es exploding. The most widely known case is a construction manager that suffered 2nd & 3rd degree burns in an explosion in May (he bought his phone in March?). He claimed Sammy didn't respond properly and is suing. There is at least one law firm attempting a class action suit for S7E fires.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
There are a lot of cheap Chinese replica Note 7s out there. Someone actually tried to sell me one a couple of days ago. The back panel is actually plastic made to look like glass.The one in this video appears that the back panel melted while the front panel did not.

I wonder if some if not all are knock offs. The phones burn and you cant get the imed number so they can't tell where they came from or even if they are legit. Hence Samsung cant duplicate the problem. Not to mention a couple of ppl wouldn't let Samsung look at the phone.

Edit: After thinking about it, they should be able to get that info from the carriers. Of all the phoned supposedly catching fire, none mentioned what carrier they were on I think. And of all the ppl on this fourm, none caught fire???

🐟🐟🐟 smell that?

Last edited:

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if some if not all are knock offs. The phones burn and you cant get the imed number so they can't tell where they came from or even if they are legit. Hence Samsung cant duplicate the problem. Not to mention a couple of ppl would let Samsung look at the phone.

Edit: After thinking about it, they should be able to get that info from tbe carriers. Of all the phoned supposedly catching fire, none mentioned what carrier they were on I think. A d of all the ppl on tbis fourm, none caught fire???

smell that?

The Note 7 that burned up here in Richmond Virginia was a Sprint version. The guy is a friend of a coworker of mine. I can't speak for all cases but I know this case is legit.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
The silence is deafening.

Call me Fox Mulder, but I still think this is some sort of conspiracy.

We won't know until Samsung comes forward with their findings. So far they haven't been able to find a single issue. Could it be that a bunch of phones got cooked in transport and that made them prone to failure?

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
We won't know until Samsung comes forward with their findings. So far they haven't been able to find a single issue. Could it be that a bunch of phones got cooked in transport and that made them prone to failure?

Or that they were dropped or damaged in such a way that the layers in the battery were compressed resulting in the fault.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

From their message yesterday they seem to admit they dropped the ball with the bad media being "deserved" and saying they need to earn peoples trust again.

Status
Not open for further replies.