Help with factory reset

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Good morning,

I think I need to do a factory reset after getting the 4.2.2 update. I have everything backed up, however, I am concerned about the information on my sd card. The warning says that it won't be able to read the information after the reset. Any advice?

Thanks, Steve

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
you could take the SD card out and copy the contents onto your PC just in case. also leave the SD card out when you do the hard reset. usually devices give you the option whether or not you want to erase the SD card too. in the past i had no problems keeping the SD card data if i elected not to erase it.

good luck.

WCW1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I did a Factory Reset on my Note 8. I left my 32Gb external SD card in. The reset did not touch the External SD card as that was where my backup files were located. Used Helium Backup and easily did a restore. However I found that when I did the restore all my downloaded apps were already installed with the backup as I had auto backup activated on My Note. The only thing I had to do was reinstall my ebooks to my book reader program.

Good luck. :)

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I am in the process of restoring some data via Kies. The reset went fine and alot of things restored automatically. Hopefully Kies finished the job and my battery life gets back to normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty