BestBuy: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

ch5220

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I just called BestBuy to check on my order status and for those who don't know, when you've recently placed an order, it recognizes your phone number and asks you if you want to check on the order status all through the automated system. So as usual, I said yes and asked for the order update and it said "preparing, your order will be on its way to you soon". And then the automated system kept going and saying "to hear the details of another order press this button" and so on and so forth and then it gave the option for tracking information. Just out of curiosity I pushed that button and it said your order has been shipped and it gave me the tracking number. Even though it said my order status was preparing it gave me a tracking number. Just sharing that bit of information for those who also have an order status that says preparing, as it may have very well have also been shipped. Yippee!!!

Thanks so much. I was able to get the tracking number this way, even though it still has never moved off processing on the BB website. My phone was picked up by UPS in Raleigh, NC less than hour ago!

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Well now I don't feel so bad, I called and mine did not indicate it had tracking info. Still says I'll have it by friday though.

Are you sure you don't have tracking info available? I was ready to hang up the phone when I heard it (the automated system) say the option of tracking information and I just chose that option for 💩 & giggles. You might want to call back and see if after it gives you your order status it starts to give you more options like "do you want to hear the info for another order" and if so, listen and see if it offers tracking as an option. You might get lucky. But don't get too excited, even though I got a tracking number, when I checked the tracking it says tracking information not available yet. Story of my life these days. 😂

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much. I was able to get the tracking number this way, even though it still has never moved off processing on the BB website. My phone was picked up by UPS in Raleigh, NC less than hour ago!

Awesome! So glad that I could help out a fellow sufferer.

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Well, mine still hasn't shipped as of 5:23 EST. 7 days "preparing."

I've called Best Buy twice today. I found out mine is supposed to ship from Ohio. I'm in Michigan, so no possible excuse for the delay. One customer service rep claimed she passed my order on to a supervisor that was passing it on to the warehouse. But when I called a few minutes ago to confim that, the supervisor really couldn't guarantee that and said maybe it will ship tomorrow. No one will give a clear explanation as to why the carrier versions are shipping the next day and the unlocked versions of the black Note 8 are just sitting on the backroom table. I wouldn't order anything from Best Buy again either. I'm glad this purchase takes up the remaining credit on my Best Buy card. No more dumb Best Buy pre-orders for me. This was such a bust.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
lol finally got here last night at 5:26 pm (due by 5:30pm so barely made it) and still setting it up today. thanks!

btw, for everyone, carrier Sprint and UPS didn't want a siggy.

Oh, good to hear you finally got it! Hopefully, the rest of us will be setting our N8's up very soon too!

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I ordered an att version yesterday and it’s been preparing. Called to check and the automated said it was preparing to ship. Then offered a tracking number saying it shipped UPS. However the tracking number does not show as valid on UPS. So who knows. Guess I’ll see if it shows Friday.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my tracking number from Best Buy!!! I pre-ordered the VZW Note 8 in Orchid Gray. Its finally on its way. In the immortal words of Flavor Flav: YEAHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYY:cool:

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I ordered mine last night. Apple's keynote with the iPhone X sealed the deal for me. Got my tracking number this evening and it shows it will arrive Monday. Bye-bye iPhone. Upgrading from a 7 Plus and I am really excited.

mike208

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have tracking info available? I was ready to hang up the phone when I heard it (the automated system) say the option of tracking information and I just chose that option for ?????? & giggles. You might want to call back and see if after it gives you your order status it starts to give you more options like "do you want to hear the info for another order" and if so, listen and see if it offers tracking as an option. You might get lucky. But don't get too excited, even though I got a tracking number, when I checked the tracking it says tracking information not available yet. Story of my life these days. ??????

I'm still not hearing anything like that and it specifically says it should arrive by 9/15. No biggies, as long as its here by then.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
For anyone on Sprint, do you think it’s better to order through Best Buy than Sprint?

I'm on sprint, ordered an orchard grey last night with the standard shipping and got a tracking number today saying it would arrive tomorrow instead of the original date of Tuesday of next week. Not sure how quickly sprint will ship out.

RedRaider16

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Finally received my N8 yesterday! what a welcome sight to see that box waiting for me when I got home yesterday... have a question for all of you Sprint guys n gals... Did your N8 come with a SIM card preinstalled in the phone? and another attached to a credit card looking card? Mine did, and it caused issues getting it activated... had to use chat, but several hours later, I'm the proud owner of this beautiful device.. definitely worth the wait!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87